R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-09-2005, 10:28 AM   #2926
Tech Master
 
ziggy12345's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: West Midlands, UK
Posts: 1,596
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffreylin
I just installed the new chassis. It is stiffer but mostly longitudinally. Installing the battery was a pain but you can move your battery slightly left to acheive a better weight balance. I don't think it will affect the handling much but we will know for sure after this weekend's race.
Is that the new 7075 from Kyosho or the 4mm one?

Cheers
__________________
Dedicated RC Car Speed Site

http://www.fast-rc.co.uk/forum/index.php

Sponsored by:
Norfolk and Chance
ziggy12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 10:31 AM   #2927
Tech Elite
 
jeffreylin's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Traction Roll!
Posts: 2,564
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy12345
Is that the new 7075 from Kyosho or the 4mm one?

Cheers
the new 7075 from kyosho.
jeffreylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 10:34 AM   #2928
Tech Master
 
ziggy12345's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: West Midlands, UK
Posts: 1,596
Default

Stiffer chassis on the RRR means less grip. Let me know how you find it. I heard somebody is making a 2.5mm one?

Cheers
__________________
Dedicated RC Car Speed Site

http://www.fast-rc.co.uk/forum/index.php

Sponsored by:
Norfolk and Chance
ziggy12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 11:52 PM   #2929
Tech Elite
 
markp27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
Posts: 4,069
Send a message via ICQ to markp27
Default

You guys ever had interference problems with your RRR? I have massive interference - can't drive the car because of it. I changed the Rx, the battery, different crystals, tried putting a capacitor over the power rails - nothing helped How do you run your cables?
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2005, 01:09 AM   #2930
Tech Master
 
NiMo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Luton, England
Posts: 1,704
Default

I've had a few times when it appears to flick the power when it should be off power and it has sent me off the track, but I thought it might have been the bumps.
It only happened on race day when we had a full house on the rostrum, I had to move to another spot to cure it, and I was the only one on 27mhz (FM), the rest were on 40mhz.
I was thinking on changing the KO RX to a Futaba.
NiMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2005, 01:21 AM   #2931
Tech Master
 
TRAJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 1,203
Default

I havnt had any probs with my futaba system

I keep the wires in between the fuel tank and the throttle servo
TRAJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2005, 01:37 AM   #2932
Tech Elite
 
markp27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
Posts: 4,069
Send a message via ICQ to markp27
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiMo
I've had a few times when it appears to flick the power when it should be off power and it has sent me off the track, but I thought it might have been the bumps.
It only happened on race day when we had a full house on the rostrum, I had to move to another spot to cure it, and I was the only one on 27mhz (FM), the rest were on 40mhz.
I was thinking on changing the KO RX to a Futaba.
I really noticed a lot of interference when I touch the chassis or engine with a metal screwdriver - I don't understand where this is coming from - pretty frustrating

All my gear including the crystals is Futaba.
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2005, 02:32 AM   #2933
Tech Elite
 
stefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Bavaria, Germany
Posts: 3,273
Send a message via AIM to stefan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by markp27
I really noticed a lot of interference when I touch the chassis or engine with a metal screwdriver - I don't understand where this is coming from - pretty frustrating

All my gear including the crystals is Futaba.
Mark,

are you going to the LRP TCM next weekend in Lux.?
stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2005, 02:58 AM   #2934
Tech Elite
 
markp27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
Posts: 4,069
Send a message via ICQ to markp27
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan
Mark,

are you going to the LRP TCM next weekend in Lux.?
Unfortunately not, Stefan I would have liked to have gone, but I have an SM-Lauf in Asbach on that weekend and seeing as I want to qualify for the DM in Berlin, it's better that I do Asbach.

I think a couple of other guys from Pro8 are going though.

Are you going?

Cheers, Mark.
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2005, 03:03 AM   #2935
Tech Fanatic
 
kidDynomite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 928
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by markp27
I really noticed a lot of interference when I touch the chassis or engine with a metal screwdriver - I don't understand where this is coming from - pretty frustrating

All my gear including the crystals is Futaba.
Mark, might be metal-to-metal noise.

Try check the not-so-obvious: Once on my Evo, a front swaybar blade came loose and was not quite meshing right with the other, check to see that your brake disk isn't chattering on the brake holder or agains the carb, look at you universals to see if the pins are secured in the pivot section, or that you have o-rings or fuel tubing in the outdrives/dogbone/axles, double check you Tx antenna is tightened, make sure there are no cut or exposed wires, sometimes servos are the problem especially if it has metal gears, check your muffler stay is secured, clutch bell bearings are still in tack especially metal sheilded ones. These are just some of the thinks I can think of from past experiences.
kidDynomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2005, 03:21 AM   #2936
Tech Elite
 
markp27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
Posts: 4,069
Send a message via ICQ to markp27
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidDynomite
Mark, might be metal-to-metal noise.

Try check the not-so-obvious: Once on my Evo, a front swaybar blade came loose and was not quite meshing right with the other, check to see that your brake disk isn't chattering on the brake holder or agains the carb, look at you universals to see if the pins are secured in the pivot section, or that you have o-rings or fuel tubing in the outdrives/dogbone/axles, double check you Tx antenna is tightened, make sure there are no cut or exposed wires, sometimes servos are the problem especially if it has metal gears, check your muffler stay is secured, clutch bell bearings are still in tack especially metal sheilded ones. These are just some of the thinks I can think of from past experiences.
Will do - thanks for the tips.

Cheers, Mark.
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2005, 03:49 AM   #2937
Tech Elite
 
stefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Bavaria, Germany
Posts: 3,273
Send a message via AIM to stefan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by markp27
Unfortunately not, Stefan I would have liked to have gone, but I have an SM-Lauf in Asbach on that weekend and seeing as I want to qualify for the DM in Berlin, it's better that I do Asbach.

I think a couple of other guys from Pro8 are going though.

Are you going?

Cheers, Mark.
Yep,

leaving Friday morning, very early

Stefan
stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2005, 04:33 AM   #2938
Tech Elite
 
jeffreylin's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Traction Roll!
Posts: 2,564
Default

Mark, also check if any of your wires are exposed and touching the chassis.
jeffreylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2005, 06:14 AM   #2939
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: So Florida
Posts: 937
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiMo
I've had a few times when it appears to flick the power when it should be off power and it has sent me off the track, but I thought it might have been the bumps.
It only happened on race day when we had a full house on the rostrum, I had to move to another spot to cure it, and I was the only one on 27mhz (FM), the rest were on 40mhz.
I was thinking on changing the KO RX to a Futaba.
i had this same thing happen to me once, but it turned out the transmitter battery was low.
Joe Chaplow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2005, 06:16 AM   #2940
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: So Florida
Posts: 937
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by markp27
You guys ever had interference problems with your RRR? I have massive interference - can't drive the car because of it. I changed the Rx, the battery, different crystals, tried putting a capacitor over the power rails - nothing helped How do you run your cables?
also, make sure the receiver is loose. do not tighten it up so it is stiffly planted.
Joe Chaplow is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FOR SALE - Mugen MBX5T ProSpec and Kyosho STR with chassis conversion and Kyosho big MattWells R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 04-28-2017 10:25 AM
1986 1/12 Kyosho Plazma MKIII With Kyosho LeMan 600E Motor Funkymojo R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 05-17-2012 11:11 AM
Custom painted Kyosho SP2 and Kyosho STRR bodies.... RC3 Graphics SWEET W/ PICS CRFXXXT R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 01-07-2008 07:38 PM
MACH. 28/NEW PS, KYOSHO MINI INFERNO ST/W/3NEW IB1400 8 CELL PACKS, KYOSHO 1./8 BUGGY newbie2 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 11-18-2007 06:07 PM
Convert Kyosho Quick Start system on Kyosho QRC to Pullstart Morpheus2be Monster Trucks 0 02-16-2005 11:26 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:09 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net