R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-04-2005, 03:12 PM   #2806
Tech Elite
 
Sow&Steady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Va Va Voom!
Posts: 4,104
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiMo
He's got a problem
__________________
http://3hobby.net REVISITED V2 - Its on steroids!
https://www.facebook.com/ssteady
Sow&Steady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 01:09 AM   #2807
Tech Addict
 
Dynamite's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Australia
Posts: 614
Send a message via MSN to Dynamite
Default

this is the link i go to the sirio site with silverm3, http://www.star-motor.com/forum/

i'm currently running a mega zx12 which performs well for the price! i havent had any problems that others are complaining about on these forums, great bottom end and quick spool up time not to good for larger tracks though tops out to early i found at the state titles here, was going to try my sirio evo2 (not wcr version) but my friend blew his motor and i lent it to him to keep his weekend alive... thing was a missile tho, should have swapped him hehe
__________________
www.racingfactory.org
Kyosho RRR Evo | Sirio Evo III STI | Ko Radio
Dynamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 02:43 AM   #2808
Tech Fanatic
 
AndyT 's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Sydney Australia
Posts: 862
Default

Are you gonna race the Winternats at Fairy Meadow Dynamite?....its definitely a front diff or spool track down there
AndyT  is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 03:52 AM   #2809
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 67
Default Newbie here pls help

Hi, I am new to the belt drive system, anyway, for the drive belts, v-one rrr seemed to have the 189, 384, 180 drive belt, what are the differences between them in terms of performance and durability?

And also if I were to change the belt drives? Do i need to change other things like the pully etc?

And also regarding about the settings for high top end or high acceleration? Do I need to change the 1st gear? Cause I am confused where the kyosho site says that it has two speed automatic transimission, but only 1st gears are available in the options parts.

Thanks alot for the help as I am a newbie here.
tiger266 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 04:55 AM   #2810
Tech Addict
 
Dynamite's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Australia
Posts: 614
Send a message via MSN to Dynamite
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyT
Are you gonna race the Winternats at Fairy Meadow Dynamite?....its definitely a front diff or spool track down there
hey andy!
Yeh man, sent my entry in last friday

have you tryed the spool yet? i found it to make the front belt heaps too tight, even with it on the loosest setting possible. Anyone else have this problem?

Hey tiger266
the 1st gears are also 2nd gears for rrr. this is from memory but i think its from 15 to 17 or that are used as 1st gears on clutch bell and 20 to 23 listed as 1st gears that are used as a 2nd gear.
__________________
www.racingfactory.org
Kyosho RRR Evo | Sirio Evo III STI | Ko Radio
Dynamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 06:39 AM   #2811
Tech Master
 
TRAJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 1,203
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyT
Are you gonna race the Winternats at Fairy Meadow Dynamite?....its definitely a front diff or spool track down there
Hey Andy im going down there next Sunday for practice....

Have you run on the track yet? Would lighter diff oil in the rear benifit the car there? say 10k?

Cheers
TRAJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 08:41 AM   #2812
Tech Elite
 
jeffreylin's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Traction Roll!
Posts: 2,564
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger266
Hi, I am new to the belt drive system, anyway, for the drive belts, v-one rrr seemed to have the 189, 384, 180 drive belt, what are the differences between them in terms of performance and durability?

And also if I were to change the belt drives? Do i need to change other things like the pully etc?

And also regarding about the settings for high top end or high acceleration? Do I need to change the 1st gear? Cause I am confused where the kyosho site says that it has two speed automatic transimission, but only 1st gears are available in the options parts.

Thanks alot for the help as I am a newbie here.
The RRR like most belt driven cars uses 3 belts. 189 is the front belt, 384 is the middle belt, and 180 the rear belt.

You will only need to change the pully if it's worn or damaged. You do not need to change the pully everytime you replace your belt.

You do not need to change any gears. The kit comes with everything you need for the 2 speed.
jeffreylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 08:57 AM   #2813
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 67
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffreylin
The RRR like most belt driven cars uses 3 belts. 189 is the front belt, 384 is the middle belt, and 180 the rear belt.

You will only need to change the pully if it's worn or damaged. You do not need to change the pully everytime you replace your belt.

You do not need to change any gears. The kit comes with everything you need for the 2 speed.
Oh ok thanks, so are there better belts in terms of less friction etc?

Can you tell me what parts gets worn out easily as I need to buy the parts and keep it as spares. Thanks.

As I am getting the WC Edition, what do you recommend to get to upgrade the kit further?

Thank you once again.
tiger266 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 09:07 AM   #2814
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: So Florida
Posts: 937
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger266
Oh ok thanks, so are there better belts in terms of less friction etc?

Can you tell me what parts gets worn out easily as I need to buy the parts and keep it as spares. Thanks.

As I am getting the WC Edition, what do you recommend to get to upgrade the kit further?

Thank you once again.
you will need to upgrade the rear shocktower. they break very easy. i sell an upgraded shock tower. i sell them 2 for 18.99 with free shipping. if interested, email me at [email protected]. thanks.
Joe Chaplow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 09:11 AM   #2815
Tech Elite
 
jeffreylin's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Traction Roll!
Posts: 2,564
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger266
Oh ok thanks, so are there better belts in terms of less friction etc?

Can you tell me what parts gets worn out easily as I need to buy the parts and keep it as spares. Thanks.

As I am getting the WC Edition, what do you recommend to get to upgrade the kit further?

Thank you once again.
The WC edition comes with the low friction belts. The rear diff outdrive can wear out pretty quick especially if you use a powerful motor. I would keep the usual spares like arms, wheel hubs, suspension shafts, and belts. The WC edition comes pretty much fully hopped and you really don't need much more upgrade.
jeffreylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 09:25 AM   #2816
Tech Addict
 
ATOMIC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 585
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

tiger266 - If you dont have a pipe already I would suggest getting the skyline VR12 , it seems to be the best I have tested. You can also get an ugraded rear tower from them that is identical to the one that comes in the WC kit just thicker and stronger . You can also get a second WC rear tower and bolt thom together. There really are not any other hopups that you need. www.skylinercracing.com
ATOMIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 09:56 AM   #2817
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 67
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATOMIC
tiger266 - If you dont have a pipe already I would suggest getting the skyline VR12 , it seems to be the best I have tested. You can also get an ugraded rear tower from them that is identical to the one that comes in the WC kit just thicker and stronger . You can also get a second WC rear tower and bolt thom together. There really are not any other hopups that you need. www.skylinercracing.com
oh cool thanks for the info, however that site only ships to Canada and the US and I live in Australia, so any infos on where to get skyline pipes other than that site. Theres an aussie site www.rcaddict.com.au that sells the VRs12 but not the VR12.
tiger266 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 10:07 AM   #2818
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 67
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffreylin
The WC edition comes with the low friction belts. The rear diff outdrive can wear out pretty quick especially if you use a powerful motor. I would keep the usual spares like arms, wheel hubs, suspension shafts, and belts. The WC edition comes pretty much fully hopped and you really don't need much more upgrade.
Can you give me the code no e.g. VZ012 for rear diff outdrive, cause the only differential i can find in the option/spare parts in the manual is the Front differential gear. thanks
tiger266 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 10:16 AM   #2819
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: So Florida
Posts: 937
Default

does anyone know of any programs where you can scheme out a paint job before you paint it???
Joe Chaplow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 01:04 PM   #2820
Tech Addict
 
ATOMIC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 585
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Tiger266 , I beleive I have both in stock , I know I have the pipe and i will check on the tower , or are you just wanting the pipe ? I can ship to you for $10.00 . The pipes are 50.00 and the towers are 16.00 . The shipping is done through global express , USPS. It usually takes 3-5 days for you to receive. You can contact me at [email protected]
ATOMIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FOR SALE - Mugen MBX5T ProSpec and Kyosho STR with chassis conversion and Kyosho big MattWells R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 04-28-2017 10:25 AM
1986 1/12 Kyosho Plazma MKIII With Kyosho LeMan 600E Motor Funkymojo R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 05-17-2012 11:11 AM
Custom painted Kyosho SP2 and Kyosho STRR bodies.... RC3 Graphics SWEET W/ PICS CRFXXXT R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 01-07-2008 07:38 PM
MACH. 28/NEW PS, KYOSHO MINI INFERNO ST/W/3NEW IB1400 8 CELL PACKS, KYOSHO 1./8 BUGGY newbie2 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 11-18-2007 06:07 PM
Convert Kyosho Quick Start system on Kyosho QRC to Pullstart Morpheus2be Monster Trucks 0 02-16-2005 11:26 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:51 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net