Kyosho v-one rrr

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2005, 02:12 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by NiMo
He's got a problem
Old 06-05-2005, 12:09 AM
Tech Addict

this is the link i go to the sirio site with silverm3, http://www.star-motor.com/forum/

i'm currently running a mega zx12 which performs well for the price! i havent had any problems that others are complaining about on these forums, great bottom end and quick spool up time not to good for larger tracks though tops out to early i found at the state titles here, was going to try my sirio evo2 (not wcr version) but my friend blew his motor and i lent it to him to keep his weekend alive... thing was a missile tho, should have swapped him hehe
Old 06-05-2005, 01:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

Are you gonna race the Winternats at Fairy Meadow Dynamite?....its definitely a front diff or spool track down there
Old 06-05-2005, 02:52 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Newbie here pls help

Hi, I am new to the belt drive system, anyway, for the drive belts, v-one rrr seemed to have the 189, 384, 180 drive belt, what are the differences between them in terms of performance and durability?

And also if I were to change the belt drives? Do i need to change other things like the pully etc?

And also regarding about the settings for high top end or high acceleration? Do I need to change the 1st gear? Cause I am confused where the kyosho site says that it has two speed automatic transimission, but only 1st gears are available in the options parts.

Thanks alot for the help as I am a newbie here.
Old 06-05-2005, 03:55 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by AndyT ©
Are you gonna race the Winternats at Fairy Meadow Dynamite?....its definitely a front diff or spool track down there
hey andy!
Yeh man, sent my entry in last friday

have you tryed the spool yet? i found it to make the front belt heaps too tight, even with it on the loosest setting possible. Anyone else have this problem?

Hey tiger266
the 1st gears are also 2nd gears for rrr. this is from memory but i think its from 15 to 17 or that are used as 1st gears on clutch bell and 20 to 23 listed as 1st gears that are used as a 2nd gear.
Old 06-05-2005, 05:39 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by AndyT ©
Hey Andy im going down there next Sunday for practice....

Have you run on the track yet? Would lighter diff oil in the rear benifit the car there? say 10k?

Cheers
Old 06-05-2005, 07:41 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tiger266
Hi, I am new to the belt drive system, anyway, for the drive belts, v-one rrr seemed to have the 189, 384, 180 drive belt, what are the differences between them in terms of performance and durability?

And also if I were to change the belt drives? Do i need to change other things like the pully etc?

And also regarding about the settings for high top end or high acceleration? Do I need to change the 1st gear? Cause I am confused where the kyosho site says that it has two speed automatic transimission, but only 1st gears are available in the options parts.

Thanks alot for the help as I am a newbie here.
The RRR like most belt driven cars uses 3 belts. 189 is the front belt, 384 is the middle belt, and 180 the rear belt.

You will only need to change the pully if it's worn or damaged. You do not need to change the pully everytime you replace your belt.

You do not need to change any gears. The kit comes with everything you need for the 2 speed.
Old 06-05-2005, 07:57 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by jeffreylin
The RRR like most belt driven cars uses 3 belts. 189 is the front belt, 384 is the middle belt, and 180 the rear belt.

You will only need to change the pully if it's worn or damaged. You do not need to change the pully everytime you replace your belt.

You do not need to change any gears. The kit comes with everything you need for the 2 speed.
Oh ok thanks, so are there better belts in terms of less friction etc?

Can you tell me what parts gets worn out easily as I need to buy the parts and keep it as spares. Thanks.

As I am getting the WC Edition, what do you recommend to get to upgrade the kit further?

Thank you once again.
Old 06-05-2005, 08:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Can you tell me what parts gets worn out easily as I need to buy the parts and keep it as spares. Thanks.

As I am getting the WC Edition, what do you recommend to get to upgrade the kit further?

Thank you once again.
you will need to upgrade the rear shocktower. they break very easy. i sell an upgraded shock tower. i sell them 2 for 18.99 with free shipping. if interested, email me at [email protected]. thanks.
Old 06-05-2005, 08:11 AM
Tech Elite

Thank you once again.
The WC edition comes with the low friction belts. The rear diff outdrive can wear out pretty quick especially if you use a powerful motor. I would keep the usual spares like arms, wheel hubs, suspension shafts, and belts. The WC edition comes pretty much fully hopped and you really don't need much more upgrade.
Old 06-05-2005, 08:25 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

tiger266 - If you dont have a pipe already I would suggest getting the skyline VR12 , it seems to be the best I have tested. You can also get an ugraded rear tower from them that is identical to the one that comes in the WC kit just thicker and stronger . You can also get a second WC rear tower and bolt thom together. There really are not any other hopups that you need. www.skylinercracing.com
Old 06-05-2005, 08:56 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by ATOMIC
tiger266 - If you dont have a pipe already I would suggest getting the skyline VR12 , it seems to be the best I have tested. You can also get an ugraded rear tower from them that is identical to the one that comes in the WC kit just thicker and stronger . You can also get a second WC rear tower and bolt thom together. There really are not any other hopups that you need. www.skylinercracing.com
oh cool thanks for the info, however that site only ships to Canada and the US and I live in Australia, so any infos on where to get skyline pipes other than that site. Theres an aussie site www.rcaddict.com.au that sells the VRs12 but not the VR12.
Old 06-05-2005, 09:07 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by jeffreylin
The WC edition comes with the low friction belts. The rear diff outdrive can wear out pretty quick especially if you use a powerful motor. I would keep the usual spares like arms, wheel hubs, suspension shafts, and belts. The WC edition comes pretty much fully hopped and you really don't need much more upgrade.
Can you give me the code no e.g. VZ012 for rear diff outdrive, cause the only differential i can find in the option/spare parts in the manual is the Front differential gear. thanks
Old 06-05-2005, 09:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

does anyone know of any programs where you can scheme out a paint job before you paint it???
Old 06-05-2005, 12:04 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Tiger266 , I beleive I have both in stock , I know I have the pipe and i will check on the tower , or are you just wanting the pipe ? I can ship to you for $10.00 . The pipes are 50.00 and the towers are 16.00 . The shipping is done through global express , USPS. It usually takes 3-5 days for you to receive. You can contact me at [email protected]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.