Search

Kyosho v-one rrr

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2005, 09:13 PM
Tech Master

Glad to here it! If your LHS does not carry Kyosho, bug them till they do...LOL
Old 06-02-2005, 10:42 PM
Tech Master

I just installed my 3racing disc brake with the Kawahara alloy brake stopper. It all moves very smooth untill i hit the brakes it does not release when i release on my radio.... any ideas on whats causeing it?

Any help would be great
Old 06-02-2005, 10:50 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by TRAJ
I just installed my 3racing disc brake with the Kawahara alloy brake stopper. It all moves very smooth untill i hit the brakes it does not release when i release on my radio.... any ideas on whats causeing it?

Any help would be great
Check all your linkage. It needs to move freely.
Old 06-02-2005, 10:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by jeffreylin
I don't think so.
that's what I thought, he is full of bull s...!is there a new sirio evo 3 wcr?
Old 06-02-2005, 10:58 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Seisick
that's what I thought, he is full of bull s...!is there a new sirio evo 3 wcr?
Nope, there is the Evo2 WCR and the Evo3, but not an Evo3 WCR.
Old 06-02-2005, 11:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Any help would be great
check the two screws that holds the brake plates, loosen them if too tight or make sure the brake plates/pads are installed properly.
Old 06-02-2005, 11:09 PM
Tech Master

Ive checked all linkages and screws and pads it was fine with the stock disc and holder. The screws are loose and still binds when i brake..

I think the metal piece that activates the brakes to open and close (Pg 13 section 15 #173) is getting stuck when i brake?

Ive built many cars this is the 1st time its happened

Thanks
Old 06-02-2005, 11:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Ive checked all linkages and screws and pads it was fine with the stock disc and holder. The screws are loose and still binds when i brake..

I think the metal piece that activates the brakes to open and close (Pg 13 section 15 #173) is getting stuck when i brake?

Ive built many cars this is the 1st time its happened

Thanks

how about the holes on the brake pads ? are they big enough not to interfer with the threads on the two screws ?
Old 06-02-2005, 11:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

how about the fit between the brake and the brake holder ? it is suppose to fit loosely (floating). this is the last thing i can think of without seeing how it binds. hope this help.
Old 06-02-2005, 11:34 PM
Tech Master

Thanks for you help data

yer its sitting loosly and the screws for the pads are aswell i dont see why its binding will rebuild it again
Old 06-02-2005, 11:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

when you apply the brake, how far does the disc push out or how large was the brake arm movement ? maybe you are right that the disc was pushed too far out and got stuck on the bulk head. if that was the case, i expect you can only apply the brake only once and the brake will engage forever. tighten the screw (this will reduce the brake arm movement) shoud fix that. good luck.
Old 06-03-2005, 12:51 AM
Tech Master

The 3racing brake leaver was screwed down too tight all the rebuilding for something so simple

Thanks
Old 06-03-2005, 01:12 AM
Tech Master

Default set up help!

First out with my 3R WCE. Our track is small low grip concrete but treated with molasses ( raw sugar syrup) Set-up is basically stock except changed the front to diff with 10K diff oil and 3K on rear. Was really impress with the car's steering and the smooth drive train and the easy access diffs. The only problem I had with the current set up is that the car is loose off power on entry and if you're really hard on the throttle during exit the rear will break traction to a point that it will swap place with the front. Played with spings, shock oils and diff oils ( 10k, 5K, 3k WT on the rear) but still can't get rid of the problem. Could it be the overdrive from using the 23T side pulley ? or the fact that the rear is narrower than the front because I was not using 2 deg offset rim? Btw, I am running rubber tires .I have ordered the optional belt for using 24T side pulley and the longer rear CVD's so that I can a full 200mm rear track width. The parts won't get in until next week though and I want to run the car this weekend. Any set up suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

CE
Old 06-03-2005, 01:15 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by centax error!
First out with my 3R WCE. Our track is small low grip concrete but treated with molasses ( raw sugar syrup) Set-up is basically stock except changed the front to diff with 10K diff oil and 3K on rear. Was really impress with the car's steering and the smooth drive train and the easy access diffs. The only problem I had with the current set up is that the car is loose off power on entry and if you're really hard on the throttle during exit the rear will break traction to a point that it will swap place with the front. Played with spings, shock oils and diff oils ( 10k, 5K, 3k WT on the rear) but still can't get rid of the problem. Could it be the overdrive from using the 23T side pulley ? or the fact that the rear is narrower than the front because I was not using 2 deg offset rim? Btw, I am running rubber tires .I have ordered the optional belt for using 24T side pulley and the longer rear CVD's so that I can a full 200mm rear track width. The parts won't get in until next week though and I want to run the car this weekend. Any set up suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

CE
Just put 2mm shims between the wheel hex and the wheel until you get the longer CVD.
Old 06-03-2005, 01:30 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jeffreylin
Just put 2mm shims between the wheel hex and the wheel until you get the longer CVD.

jeffreylin, is that the reason why I am having the problem because I was running a narrow rear? and the overdrive has nothing to do with it. I will try putting 2 mm shims and thanks for the reply

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.