R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 06-01-2005, 05:28 PM   #2716
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by doki_doki
hmmm...that's weird. i followed every word the manual says and i did not have any problems with my rrr clutch. works great. you need the right tools to install the clutch properly though...
what tools do you need to install the clutch??? i do not have any tools and did not have a problem. am i missing something here?
Joe Chaplow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 05:33 PM   #2717
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by joemugen
what tools do you need to install the clutch??? i do not have any tools and did not have a problem. am i missing something here?
To truly do it right, you should have the clutch nut tighting tool and a caliper to measure the depth of the clutch nut.
jeffreylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 05:45 PM   #2718
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffreylin
To truly do it right, you should have the clutch nut tighting tool and a caliper to measure the depth of the clutch nut.
oh i got them... i have the one from mugen, but it works with the kyosho. are you racing in the nationals?
Old 06-01-2005, 05:48 PM   #2719
Tech Elite

Quote:
oh i got them... i have the one from mugen, but it works with the kyosho. are you racing in the nationals?
Probably not due to travel schedule conflict, but the other Jeffrey Lin from OFNA will surely be there.
Old 06-01-2005, 06:02 PM   #2720
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Probably not due to travel schedule conflict, but the other Jeffrey Lin from OFNA will surely be there.
hopefully you can make it... i would like to meet you at one of these races, all the talking we do here on the forum.
Old 06-01-2005, 06:05 PM   #2721
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
hopefully you can make it... i would like to meet you at one of these races, all the talking we do here on the forum.
you know what, you might not be able to race in the nationals. i think you have to live in the states.
Old 06-01-2005, 06:10 PM   #2722
Tech Elite

Quote:
Yes that would be great, but at least you will meet some of my friends. What are the dates anyway?

BTW, I do live in the States most of the time (probably 7 months of the year). And if the IRS thinks that I do there is no reason ROAR should say otherwise right?
Old 06-01-2005, 06:13 PM   #2723
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Yes that would be great, but at least you will meet some of my friends. What are the dates anyway?

BTW, I do live in the States most of the time (probably 7 months of the year). And if the IRS thinks that I do there is no reason ROAR should say otherwise right?
very true!!! the dates are practice on 7/13 and 7/14... qualifiers on 7/15 and 7/16. mains on 7/16 and 7/17. oh yeah, i just got the kyosho disc brake today. i like it. now i just need to find the upgraded pads.
Old 06-01-2005, 08:30 PM   #2724
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

hey guys what hop ups come in the worlds edition kit?and whats an average price for 1 ?
racer x 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 10:01 PM   #2725
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

you will get quite a few more hopups from WCE: CF shock stay, alum brake hub, universal shaft, and etc. I just purchased one from rc-toro.com for $470. Also, I don't find the manual confusing for putting the clutch together. However, I found that the kit missed a pin
silverM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 10:06 PM   #2726
Tech Master

Default Part Numbers

hey guys, think some here can help me out? need part numbers for the rrr's front knuckle asy and the rear uprights. much thanks if some one can get this for me.
drfritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 10:19 PM   #2727
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by drfritz
hey guys, think some here can help me out? need part numbers for the rrr's front knuckle asy and the rear uprights. much thanks if some one can get this for me.
drfritz, the easiest way to find a part number is to go to Kyosho's web site and download the manual or exploded view diagram:

http://www.kyosho.co.jp/web/download...e_index-e.html

part numbers are listed next to all the parts on the exploded view.
Old 06-01-2005, 10:35 PM   #2728
Tech Adept

Default SOLID AXLE

JUST WANTED TO SHARE THIS MOD. THOUGHT OF IT AFTER STRIPPING THE PLASTIC INSERT THAT CAME WITH KIT.. IT'S A G4 OR MONGOOSE SPOOL THAT I MODDED ON MY LATHE TO FIT.. LOOKS FACTORY HUH??
Attached Thumbnails
Kyosho v-one rrr-solid-axle.jpg   Kyosho v-one rrr-solid-axle2.jpg   Kyosho v-one rrr-g4.jpg  
SECTION8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 10:36 PM   #2729
Tech Master

Quote:
drfritz, the easiest way to find a part number is to go to Kyosho's web site and download the manual or exploded view diagram:

http://www.kyosho.co.jp/web/download...e_index-e.html

part numbers are listed next to all the parts on the exploded view.
Thanks,I found what I was loking for, just got done putting a order in fro rc mart, that is till I got the shipping price, the shipping was more than what the parts were. looks like I'll look on this side of the pond.
drfritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 01:23 AM   #2730
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to apla
Default g4 vs RRR

For one more time the famous G4 won 2 RRR at at Thessalonikis race track!Both kyosho cars were unable to compete g4 with a very good setup!!Both drivers Foths and diamanths are considering now changing the world champ car for a G4!

best wishes guys!
Team magic
apla is offline   Reply With Quote