R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 05-30-2005, 06:00 AM   #2701
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to buboy28 Send a message via Yahoo to buboy28
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyT
Yep the Protoform Mazda 6 is very good indeed....is the Dodge Stratus 3 released in 200mm?.....I`d only seen the 190mm.
supposed to be yes but like you i've only seen the 190mm and it came from your country painted here by one of our top body painter heard that Proline might have a problem with Dodge seems that Proline did not inform Dodge that they will be using the Stratus 3 so they say that they momentarily stop production of the Stratus 3
buboy28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 12:03 PM   #2702
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I got the brand new Protoform Stratus 3 200mm at my local shop here in Minnesota on Friday, I know they have had them backordered for awhile, should be available everywhere within the week or so. It looks good, I won't run it till next weekend so not sure how it works yet.....
Ffejdat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 12:37 PM   #2703
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

When building your centax clutch, how many washers did you have to use to space the the end bell out enough so it wouldn't rub on the clutch shoe? The manual didn't say anything about this but some of the centax building articles say this is a necessity

BTW, I have a Mugen X12 engine.
rodneybarrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 01:10 PM   #2704
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Racing4Evo

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodneybarrett
When building your centax clutch, how many washers did you have to use to space the the end bell out enough so it wouldn't rub on the clutch shoe? The manual didn't say anything about this but some of the centax building articles say this is a necessity

It varies from engine to engine. I do it by trial and error. You can put what you think is more than enough and then take out one shim at a time till it rubs then put one back in. Your shoe will last a lot longer and the clutch will work more consistently after doing this.
Racing4Evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 03:27 AM   #2705
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ffejdat
I got the brand new Protoform Stratus 3 200mm at my local shop here in Minnesota on Friday, I know they have had them backordered for awhile, should be available everywhere within the week or so. It looks good, I won't run it till next weekend so not sure how it works yet.....
They mustve landed here in Australia recently ...just noticed them for sale at rcaddict.com.au
AndyT  is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 03:46 AM   #2706
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyT
They mustve landed here in Australia recently ...just noticed them for sale at rcaddict.com.au
Where did you see them I cant find them!
AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 05:32 AM   #2707
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to buboy28 Send a message via Yahoo to buboy28
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ffejdat
lucky you we have been waiting for that body for almost two months now both the 190mm and the 200mm
buboy28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 11:51 AM   #2708
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

JEFFERYLIN YGPM
DickemDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 12:14 PM   #2709
Tech Master

Getting the car dialled in to my driving style.
main set up is as on the WC set up but with the following changes:
Spool in front
TCD in rear
Silver front springs
3degree rear camber
2 degree rear toe in
Medium length ball cups on rear shocks to give 8mm ride height, so it can ride the bumps on the banking without decking out.
Rear roll bar removed

no other changes, so the WC set up is about right for a base set up.
I have yet to make up a new shell so I've dug out a 2 year old Protoform Vectra shell which used to be on my V-one R, but I think the Dodge 2.1 will suit my track best on this car.
Cant believe the cornering speeds, you can go faster in, and still put the power down earlier, guess it's goodbye to the FW05.
NiMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 01:17 PM   #2710
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

man, am I jealous? I wanted to run my car, too. I only got about half done, and my wife got bored on the long weekend. I was forced to stop and had to go to palm spring(shopping) with her
silverM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 06:12 PM   #2711
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMGRacer
Where did you see them I cant find them!
Oops, i must need glasses.....i was looking at the Nemesis 200mm....looks like the Stratus 3 hasnt reached here yet
AndyT  is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 08:52 PM   #2712
Tech Adept

The RRR clutch instructions are wierd.
Just stick with common sense and it all works out.
rcrossco_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 10:18 PM   #2713
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiMo
Cant believe the cornering speeds, you can go faster in, and still put the power down earlier, guess it's goodbye to the FW05.
Thats what I was saying half a year ago on the fw-05 thread. After the first day i drove my RRR i put the FW-05 up for sale and never even thought twice about it. (I did regret my hasty packaging of all the gears and spare parts as the fw and rrr share cb gears and shocks and other assorted stuff. Oh well it is still way faster) Im fighting the urge to overdrive my car right now, a fine line between being dialed and pushing too hard making it feel loose when it really isnt. The agility makes you want to push it like you would a lola shell!
rcosmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 05:15 PM   #2714
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrossco_1
The RRR clutch instructions are wierd.
Just stick with common sense and it all works out.
hmmm...that's weird. i followed every word the manual says and i did not have any problems with my rrr clutch. works great. you need the right tools to install the clutch properly though...
doki_doki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 05:22 PM   #2715
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodneybarrett

hold the engine sideways with the pilot shaft pointing up. spin the clutch bell and keep tightening the adjustment nut until the clutch bell is spinning free. after you do this. add or take off shims in front of the clutch bell untill you have approx .5 mm of enplay on the clutch bell. that should get you started.