Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Kyosho v-one rrr >

Kyosho v-one rrr

Kyosho v-one rrr

Old 05-26-2005, 07:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Grinder
I'm going to try the RRR with the engine and fuel tank 2mm lower.
i am too, once you mill mine out
Old 05-26-2005, 07:08 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jeffreylin
I have not had very good experience with 3Racing stuff. I think they use lower grade material and tend to bend/break easily. If there is a Kyosho one I will always get the Kyosho hop up or just keep things stock. The only 3Racing upgrade I had on my car was the aluminum brake lever and I took that off as soon as Kyosho came out with one.
i have to agree with that since same thing also happenned to me my RR evo front universal bent when it hit the gutter of the track while the kyosho ones did'nt just have some scratches might as well wait for k-factory or kawahara if they going to make one for the RRR
Old 05-26-2005, 10:28 PM
Tech Adept

Has anyone noticed that the roll bar mounts foul the camber links?
They actually stop you applying more droop.
I think the roll bar could do with more angle on the wire.

Mine JUST touch after some fiddling with the way the steel ball end was screwed onto the roll bar, and also turning the ball cups at the top to a different angle.
Have a look and see what you think. They DO touch when the rear arms droop, but while on the ground under normal wieght i think the just clear.
Shocking.

Last edited by rcrossco_1; 06-07-2005 at 07:54 AM.
Old 05-26-2005, 10:35 PM
Tech Elite

Dude you will never need that much droop unless you are running off road. But even before that anti roll bar interfere with your droop it's the length of your shock you need to worry about if you need more droop.
Old 05-27-2005, 12:06 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I thought someone mentioned that the rear wheels need to be toe out by 2 deg. Is this correct? I don't see it in the manual
Old 05-27-2005, 12:08 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I am thinking about buying a setup system. I know. I don't race, and I can't race. But, the rc-toro 5% off coupon is so tempting. And I think the setup system will help me a lot. Hudy is too expensive. How about PMB? Thx.
Old 05-27-2005, 01:08 AM
Tech Master

The PMB is great its what im currently using. Accurate settings
Old 05-27-2005, 01:43 AM
Tech Addict

[QUOTE=rcrossco_1]Has anyone noticed that the roll bar mounts foul the camber links?
They actually stop you applying more droop.
I think the roll bar could do with more angle on the wire.

Mine JUST touch after some fiddling with the way the steel ball end was screwed onto the roll bar, and also turning the ball cups at the top to a different angle.
Have a look and see what you think. They DO touch when the rear arms droop, but while on the ground under normal wieght i think the just clear.
Shocking.

[QUOTE]

move the sway bar mounts in towards the rear bulk head if its a problem, just a smidge, enought so it doesnt touch.
Old 05-27-2005, 04:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by silverM3
I thought someone mentioned that the rear wheels need to be toe out by 2 deg. Is this correct? I don't see it in the manual
Rear wheels need 2 degrees toe-in, not out.
Old 05-27-2005, 06:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by buboy28
i have to agree with that since same thing also happenned to me my RR evo front universal bent when it hit the gutter of the track while the kyosho ones did'nt just have some scratches might as well wait for k-factory or kawahara if they going to make one for the RRR
The K-Factory universals are weak as wood. You don't even have to hit anything and they'll bend. This was back in the V-One RR days, so not sure how they are now. I'd only buy Kyosho universals.
Old 05-27-2005, 06:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kidDynomite
The K-Factory universals are weak as wood. You don't even have to hit anything and they'll bend. This was back in the V-One RR days, so not sure how they are now. I'd only buy Kyosho universals.
i'm with you...the k-factory universal bend easily. i've had a team kyosho universal set on my v-one-r and up to now, no problems with it. my v-one r kit is almost 5 years old...
Old 05-27-2005, 06:57 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jeffreylin
I have not had very good experience with 3Racing stuff. I think they use lower grade material and tend to bend/break easily. If there is a Kyosho one I will always get the Kyosho hop up or just keep things stock. The only 3Racing upgrade I had on my car was the aluminum brake lever and I took that off as soon as Kyosho came out with one.
can you give me the stock number of the kyosho aluminum brake lever??? thanks
Old 05-27-2005, 07:00 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by doki_doki
can you give me the stock number of the kyosho aluminum brake lever??? thanks
VZW063
Old 05-27-2005, 07:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

from rc champ, you can get the universal set for $23 and replacement blades for $7... kyosho brand.
Old 05-27-2005, 07:14 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by hurhur
Is the stock bumper a little too big?
I have trouble fitting a touring car body on the car with the stock bumper mounted. Guess one have to trim the bumper huh? Or are there any other brands of bumper which will allow a body to fit nicely on the car?

what i did was intall the bumper from the v-one r/rr/rr evo. it fits great. no triming required

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.