Kyosho v-one rrr

Reply

Old 05-08-2005, 09:54 PM
  #2356  
Tech Elite
 
jeffreylin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Traction Roll!
Posts: 2,564
Default

Originally posted by wad
No
I was making 4.40 only
You think that can be motor problem??
It could be that. Maybe your bottom is too rich and top too lean? What gear ratio and tire size were you running? At Rev I run 16/50 23/45 with 57F and 59R.
jeffreylin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2005, 10:14 PM
  #2357  
wad
Tech Elite
iTrader: (1)
 
wad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Tustin, CA
Posts: 2,284
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by jeffreylin
It could be that. Maybe your bottom is too rich and top too lean? What gear ratio and tire size were you running? At Rev I run 16/50 23/45 with 57F and 59R.
I was pretty much lean on the bottom than normal, and I was little rich on top than normal.
gears was 17/61 & 22/56, tire size was 58/60
I had really good speed with those gears, if possible I would like to keep them and change something else
wad is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 04:05 PM
  #2358  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
Racing4Evo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,118
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

I think your problem lies with the motor tuning. I've only had run time issues on BIG tracks but so does everyone else. How long is your fuel line Walter? Mine is 7 1/2 inches so try going longer if you haven't already. Next time, don't go full out modified with that motor!
Racing4Evo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 06:16 PM
  #2359  
wad
Tech Elite
iTrader: (1)
 
wad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Tustin, CA
Posts: 2,284
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by Racing4Evo
I think your problem lies with the motor tuning. I've only had run time issues on BIG tracks but so does everyone else. How long is your fuel line Walter? Mine is 7 1/2 inches so try going longer if you haven't already. Next time, don't go full out modified with that motor!
I will try longer fuel line
I have a problem, I don't have any non-full modified motor left
wad is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 10:54 PM
  #2360  
wad
Tech Elite
iTrader: (1)
 
wad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Tustin, CA
Posts: 2,284
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Front Knuckles

If I use the 2 degrees knuckles:
will I get more or less steering?
ON or OFF power?
entering or exiting the corners?
wad is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 11:19 PM
  #2361  
Tech Fanatic
 
redsand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Chicane.
Posts: 855
Default

Hi, does anyone know where get a copy of Cyrul's and Bertin's setup sheets from the last Worlds in Brazil ? Been looking around for it without much luck.
redsand is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 11:45 PM
  #2362  
Tech Elite
 
esham's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: racing line - push to the limit
Posts: 2,942
Default

Originally posted by redsand
Hi, does anyone know where get a copy of Cyrul's and Bertin's setup sheets from the last Worlds in Brazil ? Been looking around for it without much luck.
If i'm not mistaken - posted in kyosho - Japanese website.
Kyosho Team setup - Japanese
esham is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 01:36 AM
  #2363  
Tech Fanatic
 
AndyT 's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Sydney Australia
Posts: 862
Default

Originally posted by wad
I was pretty much lean on the bottom than normal, and I was little rich on top than normal.
gears was 17/61 & 22/56, tire size was 58/60
I had really good speed with those gears, if possible I would like to keep them and change something else
You could try the 23t pinion....if youre running on a large main straight this will help.
AndyT  is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 04:00 AM
  #2364  
Tech Master
 
ziggy12345's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: West Midlands, UK
Posts: 1,596
Default

I got the 23t gear. You can run small tyres and get really good speed with good handleing

Cheers
ziggy12345 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 10:49 AM
  #2365  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
Racing4Evo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,118
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Re: Front Knuckles

Originally posted by wad
If I use the 2 degrees knuckles:
will I get more or less steering?
ON or OFF power?
entering or exiting the corners?
You will get more on power steering. It's most noticable on corner exit. The car is a little lazy on corner entry with the 2 deg. hubs.
Racing4Evo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 11:42 AM
  #2366  
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: So Florida
Posts: 937
Default Re: Re: Front Knuckles

Originally posted by Racing4Evo
You will get more on power steering. It's most noticable on corner exit. The car is a little lazy on corner entry with the 2 deg. hubs.
would you say the 1 deg would be a better option then?
Joe Chaplow is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 12:41 PM
  #2367  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
Racing4Evo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,118
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: Front Knuckles

Originally posted by joemugen
would you say the 1 deg would be a better option then?
It depends on how you feel the car is handling. If you just need a bit more on power steering then the 1deg. hubs should be perfect. It doesn't hurt to try both if you have the time and decide which is better.

Anyone that finds the car really nervous off power should change to the 2 deg. hubs because they get rid of a lot of that. Also, there is nothing wrong with lowering the dual rate on your radio. The less the wheels are turning, the less they are scrubbing which will mean better tire wear. I have mine set at 75% for my home track.
Racing4Evo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 01:30 PM
  #2368  
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: So Florida
Posts: 937
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Front Knuckles

Originally posted by Racing4Evo
It depends on how you feel the car is handling. If you just need a bit more on power steering then the 1deg. hubs should be perfect. It doesn't hurt to try both if you have the time and decide which is better.

Anyone that finds the car really nervous off power should change to the 2 deg. hubs because they get rid of a lot of that. Also, there is nothing wrong with lowering the dual rate on your radio. The less the wheels are turning, the less they are scrubbing which will mean better tire wear. I have mine set at 75% for my home track.
maybe if you put the 12 acerman on with the 2 deg offset hub would be a good idea. the 12 would give too much offpower steering and the 2 deg hub would take some off the offpower steering away and add to the onpower steering????
Joe Chaplow is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 01:41 PM
  #2369  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
Racing4Evo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,118
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

I've already experimented with the 12 ackerman arm but I didn't like the way it handled. The car had very little off power steering. The 11 is best, but I have heard that the Kawahara arm is better since you can adjust the postions forward and back as opposed to narrow and wider with the stock arms.
Racing4Evo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 01:52 PM
  #2370  
Tech Master
 
NiMo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Luton, England
Posts: 1,704
Default

I thought the 11 would hit the diff housing, so I put on the 12.
Not yet finished the car so I cant say if it would work but would this off power feel be anything like the FW05 off power push?
NiMo is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Terms of Service