R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 05-02-2005, 09:58 AM   #2311
Tech Fanatic

also, what steering ackerman do you use? i used the 11 this weekend and felt a little understeering.
Joe Chaplow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 10:39 AM   #2312
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by joemugen
also, what steering ackerman do you use? i used the 11 this weekend and felt a little understeering.
I use the one from the instruction. I haven't had to change ackerman for steering.
jeffreylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 10:49 AM   #2313
Tech Adept

Default Gearing

Hi

Can some one tell me whats the fastest gear combination available for the RRR......

Regards
ZiiZO
uaerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 12:37 PM   #2314
Tech Elite

Default Re: Gearing

Quote:
Originally posted by uaerc
Hi

Can some one tell me whats the fastest gear combination available for the RRR......

Regards
ZiiZO
23T pinion and 55T spur will provide the highest 2nd gear ratio for top speed.
Old 05-02-2005, 01:00 PM   #2315
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Parts

Where are you guys getting your parts? I haven't been able to find a good place to go to get parts.

Thanks,
XrayEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 01:09 PM   #2316
Tech Adept

Default Re: Re: Gearing

Quote:
Originally posted by jeffreylin
23T pinion and 55T spur will provide the highest 2nd gear ratio for top speed.
Jeff

Thanks 4 the quick reply..... would u know what puuleys / belt comb..need to be changed to make the car even faster? actually a guy here has done that ..... so i need to do it as he aint sharin the info......yeah 1 of those types....
Old 05-02-2005, 01:10 PM   #2317
Tech Adept

Default Re: Parts

Quote:
Originally posted by XrayEye
Where are you guys getting your parts? I haven't been able to find a good place to go to get parts.

Thanks,
order thru...champ....
rcmodel hk
rcmart...i think...
Old 05-02-2005, 01:33 PM   #2318
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Gearing

Quote:
Jeff

Thanks 4 the quick reply..... would u know what puuleys / belt comb..need to be changed to make the car even faster? actually a guy here has done that ..... so i need to do it as he aint sharin the info......yeah 1 of those types....
Sorry but can't help you there. Have not tried to get more top end as it's plenty for tracks I run.
Old 05-02-2005, 04:43 PM   #2319
Tech Regular

Quote:
I use the one from the instruction. I haven't had to change ackerman for steering.
The #10 will give more steering in tight turns, like 180's and tight chicanes. On big tracks with lots of high speed sweepers the #12 may be better.

Ted
Ted Flack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 05:31 PM   #2320
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: Gearing

Quote:
Jeff

I think the side pulley/belt changes the front overdrive. We run 2mm tires up front to compensate for the overdrive in the transmission with smaller tires. I don't think going with the bigger pulley/belt will do anything to top speed, but have the same diameter tire front/rear might give a slight bit more roll out equally a tad more top speed (assuming the 2mm smaller tire limits it) So try running bigger front tires and see if the topend changes. It'll probably only change steering and tire wear.
Surge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 05:46 PM   #2321
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Yep, the #11 should provide plenty of steering
AndyT  is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 05:47 PM   #2322
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Parts

Quote:
Originally posted by XrayEye

Thanks,
rcmart.com
rcsquare.com
Have dealt with them both and theyve been good.
Old 05-02-2005, 06:03 PM   #2323
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Gearing

Quote:
Originally posted by Surge
I think the side pulley/belt changes the front overdrive. We run 2mm tires up front to compensate for the overdrive in the transmission with smaller tires. I don't think going with the bigger pulley/belt will do anything to top speed, but have the same diameter tire front/rear might give a slight bit more roll out equally a tad more top speed (assuming the 2mm smaller tire limits it) So try running bigger front tires and see if the topend changes. It'll probably only change steering and tire wear.
Changing the various tyre diameters between front & rear basically alters the % drive each end of the vehicle is receiving.
To get more top end speed out of tyres, you`ll have to go with the largest diameter tyre possible, preferably with a 2mm split between front and rear....according to the Kyosho table, a 64.5mm rear tyre diameter should give a roll-out of 40.51 using a 22t pinion and 55t spur gear, whereas a 60.5mm rear tyre will give a rollout of 37.99.......add a 23t pinion and you`ll add more top end again to this.
Keep in mind these gearings will have an adverse affect on acceleration in tighter parts of the track.
Cheers
Old 05-03-2005, 03:01 AM   #2324
Tech Adept

Default Just a question?

Sir, is there really a play in the lower rear suspension arm of the RRR, just notice that its moving a bit... is this normal? or do i need to put some spacers..

Thanks in advance.
bulletdays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 07:19 AM   #2325
Tech Master

Default Re: Just a question?

Quote:
Originally posted by bulletdays
Sir, is there really a play in the lower rear suspension arm of the RRR, just notice that its moving a bit... is this normal? or do i need to put some spacers..

Thanks in advance.
Every Kyosho I've built has had some varying amount of play in the suspension arm and steering areas, hence my little supply of 3x5mm shims, the FW05 requires 3 on each rear pin (4 makes it sticky).
NiMo is offline   Reply With Quote