R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 04-19-2005, 07:50 PM   #2176
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to buboy28 Send a message via Yahoo to buboy28

Quote:
Originally posted by dodo
i think even if u use the correct spacer, you will need to trim so that the servo horn won't touch the battery when it travels toward the battery. but to cut until half of the thickness... i think u got the risk of breaking the servo horn... maybe?
you are right even if you used the correct spacers you have to trim a little bit of the servo horn and i already trim most of it and still touches the receiver batts will try to dis-assemble and re assemble it again today
buboy28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 09:18 PM   #2177
Tech Fanatic

If possible try and move the receiver battery as far back as it will go and hopefully this will provide a little extra clearance.
AndyT  is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 09:41 PM   #2178
Tech Fanatic

Here`s a pic of the 9451 steering servo on my RRR and the clearance between it and the receiver battery (sorry about the low quality pic).......the receiver battery is the red section.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rrrservo.jpg.jpg (13.9 KB, 202 views)
Old 04-20-2005, 12:25 AM   #2179
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Dynamite
Thanks for the info kyle

I was also wondering whats the best way to set your track width? I just use a set of digital calipers and set them according to the manual, the distance from the arm to the hub, then after setting all that i use my setup board to set the front / rear cambers and toe's. But i was also reading somewhere that the best way to do it was to measure from the chassis to the hub for both Left and right... which is the best way to measure it and the best way to go about doing it - or is what i'm doing the easiest way?
Nothing wrong with measuring from the arm to the hub. I dont really worry what the dimension is intitially as long as its the same on both sides. After the car is fully built then i put it on the setup board and adjust it so the track width is 199mm. After this is done i basically never touch the lower pivot balls unless the car has copped a hit.

I have never popped a bone on the RRR at this track width, even 200 mm would be ok, however i have seen accident damage cause bones to come out.
Kyle Hazell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 02:05 AM   #2180
Tech Adept

Default Do you have any idea?

Hi guys im just building my RRR when i notice that the mid belt is touching the manifold, can you help me on this...

Thanks a lot...
bulletdays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 03:12 AM   #2181
Tech Elite

Send a message via Yahoo to dodo

my WC kit comes with the tensioner, i don't know whether the standard kit comes with it or not. If not maybe you may want to consider getting the tensioner.
dodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 03:18 AM   #2182
Tech Initiate

Send a message via ICQ to SpeedsterRRR
Default WC Team Edition kit

Hey guys!

Does anyone know where I can get the RRR WC kit at a good price?
RC Champ Adviser and Futaba pro shop are out.
Do you know any other cheap alternative???

Thanx in advance.
SpeedsterRRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 03:24 AM   #2183
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Do you have any idea?

Quote:
Originally posted by bulletdays
Hi guys im just building my RRR when i notice that the mid belt is touching the manifold, can you help me on this...

Thanks a lot...
Its normal for the standard kit. The belt tensioner setup on the WC kit seems the best option to get it to clear the exhaust manifold. If you scroll back a few pages in this forum you`ll see some pics of how its different to the standard kits.
Tensioning the mid belt tighter can help a little bit with clearance, but i took out the Dremel and "shaved" a little bit off the underside of the exhaust manifold.......even with doing this there`s still some minimal rubbing.
Cheers
Old 04-20-2005, 03:52 AM   #2184
Tech Adept

Quote:
Its normal for the standard kit. The belt tensioner setup on the WC kit seems the best option to get it to clear the exhaust manifold. If you scroll back a few pages in this forum you`ll see some pics of how its different to the standard kits.
Thanks andy
Old 04-20-2005, 05:03 AM   #2185
Tech Adept

Default Andy

Hi Andy,

Do you know which bearing is protectively sealed away from dust, coz here in dubai, as you will expect "dUsty". If you can give me some part number of all the size of the bearing used in RRR, by the way i have the WC Edition.

Thanks.
Old 04-20-2005, 05:53 PM   #2186
Tech Fanatic

Hi Bulletdays...
I`m not really too sure which bearing would be best to use under very dusty conditions....the conditions we race in here tend to not have a great deal of dust, yet somehow the bearings still seem to attract it like a magnet.
Acer Racing seem to have a good variety of bearings, so it may be worthwhile to send them an email and ask their opinion of what bearing would work well in your conditions:-
www.acerracing.com
One bearing to keep a close eye on, is the small clutch bearing (5 x 8 x 2.5).......this bearing is very small and operates in a very harsh environment, being out of sight it`s easy to neglect it.
I`ve had one of these bearings "die" on race day and the metal shards from it also trashed the thrust bearing.....keep it clean and well lubed and it should be okay.
I always keep a spare of this bearing, as well as a spare thrust bearing in my toolbox.
Cheers
Old 04-20-2005, 09:47 PM   #2187
Tech Adept

Hey guys,

I bought the V-One RRR WC but I'm looking for the V-One RRR set up sheet in english. Anyone have a link?

Thanks,

Dave
DaRollaRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 10:02 PM   #2188
Tech Master

One better mate
Attached Files
File Type: pdf v one rrr setup sheet.pdf (167.7 KB, 160 views)
TRAJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 10:05 PM   #2189
Tech Adept

Awesome. Thanks. Do you happen to have the RRR base set-up as well?

Thanks,

Dave
DaRollaRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 10:16 PM   #2190
Tech Master

It should have it in the manual ill have a read for you
TRAJ is offline   Reply With Quote