R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-10-2005, 04:12 PM   #2086
Tech Apprentice
 
V1R racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: UK
Posts: 56
Default

http://www.awmcc.com/gallery/picl06.html

Have a look at my local track
V1R racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 04:12 PM   #2087
Tech Fanatic
 
AndyT 's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Sydney Australia
Posts: 862
Default

The results of the RRR in the Worlds is certainly testimony as to how well it handles a bumpy track.......some of the Ray Woods video footage is just amazing where the cars are shown in slow motion actually with all four wheels off the ground in certain parts of the track.
AndyT  is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 05:01 PM   #2088
Tech Regular
 
jrabbito's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 265
Default Setup

Hi Guys,

Just wanna get some feedback on a low traction setup...

Like what oils you have tried, front diff setups etc...

Thanks everyone in advance..


John

Last edited by jrabbito; 04-10-2005 at 06:36 PM.
jrabbito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 07:41 PM   #2089
Tech Master
 
TRAJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 1,203
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by doki_doki
can you post the stock number of the kyosho white shock diaphrams??? thanks
Here you go : http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXFBZ2&P=7

These are surposed to be softer than the black ones stopped the leaking
TRAJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 08:21 PM   #2090
Tech Regular
 
Timox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 314
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Someone asked about the RRR in a bumpy track. Well I raced at one today and the RRR was AWESOME. The track was so bumpy I started my main with 6mm/7mm ride height and still scratched my chassis. I was probably the least skilled driver in the A main (qualified 9th, and I think almost everyone else has some sorts of sponsorship) but I had the 3rd or 4th fastest lap in the group, only 0.03 sec behind the fastest guy. I ended up 6th but probably could've done better if my RL wheel did not fall off (my own fault not tighting it before the race). This car worked great and no wonder it did so well at the Worlds in Brazil which was another very bumpy track.
Thats GREAT to hear....

I am about to try my new RRR for the first time next weekend It is also a very bumpy track. It is cracking up real bad all over and the cracks are raising up from water geting in under the surface Hope it goes as well as yours..
Timox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 10:41 PM   #2091
Tech Fanatic
 
AndyT 's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Sydney Australia
Posts: 862
Default Re: Setup

Quote:
Originally posted by jrabbito
Hi Guys,

Just wanna get some feedback on a low traction setup...

Like what oils you have tried, front diff setups etc...

The RRR which took 2nd at Sydney Nitro GP (on a fairly low traction surface) was apparently running a solid front diff.....as were the RRR`s at the Worlds....which also ran the stock diff oil (30,000wt rear) and i`m pretty sure they ran the stock (500wt) shock oils.
Cheers
AndyT  is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 11:52 PM   #2092
B
Tech Master
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: NorCal
Posts: 1,159
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by jeffreylin
Here is the track:

http://www.team-titan.com.tw/titantrack-e.htm
That track is to die for!
makes me proud MIT
B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 03:28 AM   #2093
Tech Elite
 
doki_doki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Cebu City, Philippines and Ocala, Florida, USA
Posts: 3,840
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by AndyT ?
The results of the RRR in the Worlds is certainly testimony as to how well it handles a bumpy track.......some of the Ray Woods video footage is just amazing where the cars are shown in slow motion actually with all four wheels off the ground in certain parts of the track.
i agree...i have also experienced that in our local tracks... still the car maintains it's current headings once you have set-up the car properly... the car is very agile as to making it adapt to the different track conditions...
doki_doki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 03:30 AM   #2094
Tech Elite
 
doki_doki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Cebu City, Philippines and Ocala, Florida, USA
Posts: 3,840
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by TRAJ
Here you go : http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXFBZ2&P=7

These are surposed to be softer than the black ones stopped the leaking
thanks....
doki_doki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 03:33 AM   #2095
Tech Elite
 
doki_doki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Cebu City, Philippines and Ocala, Florida, USA
Posts: 3,840
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Re: Setup

Quote:
Originally posted by jrabbito
Hi Guys,

Just wanna get some feedback on a low traction setup...

Like what oils you have tried, front diff setups etc...

Thanks everyone in advance..


John
for my set-up i used a 50,000 weight diff oil up front then 1,000 weight diff oil in the rear. 500 wt on all for shock. gold springs up front and copper springs in the rear...
doki_doki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 11:16 AM   #2096
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Campinas
Posts: 362
Send a message via ICQ to piorc
Default part to convert ruuber tires to foam tires

Hey guys, i just bought my v-one rrr rubber tires edition, and i want to convert it into foam tires version.
What parts i need to do this??
Any one knows??
Thanks.
Marcelo.
piorc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 11:47 AM   #2097
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: So Florida
Posts: 937
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by jeffreylin
Someone asked about the RRR in a bumpy track. Well I raced at one today and the RRR was AWESOME. The track was so bumpy I started my main with 6mm/7mm ride height and still scratched my chassis. I was probably the least skilled driver in the A main (qualified 9th, and I think almost everyone else has some sorts of sponsorship) but I had the 3rd or 4th fastest lap in the group, only 0.03 sec behind the fastest guy. I ended up 6th but probably could've done better if my RL wheel did not fall off (my own fault not tighting it before the race). This car worked great and no wonder it did so well at the Worlds in Brazil which was another very bumpy track.
i thought you were sponsored by skyline?
Joe Chaplow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 11:48 AM   #2098
Tech Elite
 
jeffreylin's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Traction Roll!
Posts: 2,564
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by joemugen
i thought you were sponsored by skyline?
Same name, different person.
jeffreylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 02:33 PM   #2099
Tech Apprentice
 
sweet wasabi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 83
Default

I heard that Great Planes will not carry Kyosho products anymore.
Where else that I can get parts then?
sweet wasabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 02:39 PM   #2100
Tech Regular
 
dougday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 353
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by sweet wasabi
I heard that Great Planes will not carry Kyosho products anymore.
Where else that I can get parts then?
Try www.kyoshoamerica.com
dougday is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FOR SALE - Mugen MBX5T ProSpec and Kyosho STR with chassis conversion and Kyosho big MattWells R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 04-28-2017 10:25 AM
1986 1/12 Kyosho Plazma MKIII With Kyosho LeMan 600E Motor Funkymojo R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 05-17-2012 11:11 AM
Custom painted Kyosho SP2 and Kyosho STRR bodies.... RC3 Graphics SWEET W/ PICS CRFXXXT R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 01-07-2008 07:38 PM
MACH. 28/NEW PS, KYOSHO MINI INFERNO ST/W/3NEW IB1400 8 CELL PACKS, KYOSHO 1./8 BUGGY newbie2 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 11-18-2007 06:07 PM
Convert Kyosho Quick Start system on Kyosho QRC to Pullstart Morpheus2be Monster Trucks 0 02-16-2005 11:26 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:50 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net