R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 03-31-2005, 07:20 AM   #1951
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by joemugen
jefferylin,
let me see if i understand correctly. the only difference with the two mm offset is that if you set your car up to 200mm with the 2mm offset, but for the main (for whatever reason) i want my car to be 196mm i just put on rim without an offset. also, even though it has a 2mm offset, running rims with no offset will work fine? (assuming you make your track width using the no offset tires)
Yes, you can also do finer adjustments like running different size shims to adjust the width. So for example if you want your car to be 199 mm (1mm narrower) you can put 1.5mm shims between the wheel hex and a 0 offset wheel. It's a useful quick tuning option. The Tamiya sedens like the TRF415 works the same way.
jeffreylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 07:30 AM   #1952
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by jeffreylin
Yes, you can also do finer adjustments like running different size shims to adjust the width. So for example if you want your car to be 199 mm (1mm narrower) you can put 1.5mm shims between the wheel hex and a 0 offset wheel. It's a useful quick tuning option. The Tamiya sedens like the TRF415 works the same way.
thank you. my own personal opinion would be that is more useful in the front. but it is very good in the fact that if you set your car up and it is ready to race, then you go to tech and your track width is a tad too long, you can put 0mm offset and a 1.5 mm spacer. this way you are not changing all your settings.
Joe Chaplow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 05:15 PM   #1953
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by Kyle Hazell
Hi Andy,

The problem you are describing here is not the rears going off from heat. What basically is happening is that the rear tyres are sliding more than the fronts, hence the greater tyre wear (4mm ride height at the finish). What then happens is the split you started with then goes out of whack which then changes the overdrive ratio. Our experience tells us that this happens when the balance of the car is not right. Ie there is something wrong in the setup.

Its a low grip track that one, not an easy place to find a good balance. The geometry of the RRR is designed for high traction tracks.

Regards

Kyle
Yep, agree with you 100% there Kyle.
I`ve certainly found it hard to find a good setup at Eastern creek.....its got quite a few decent cracks starting to appear in the track and the surface is just so totally different to the one at Moorebank.
Congrats on excellent result in the State Titles too Kyle
Cheers
AndyT  is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 05:28 PM   #1954
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by markp27
The once piece engine mount will make the chassis a bit stiffer, which is good for many circuits which are so bumpy - Brazil was a bit extreme. Also a big advantage of the one piece is that it reduces the stresses on the engine - with the two piece engine mounts, the engine twists a lot more - which isn't so good.

So it isn't just the one advantage, there are quite a few for the one piece.
Another bonus of the one piece engine mount is that it helps to sit the engine "square" and hopefully if you`ve done everything else correctly have a nice even gear mesh.
Cheers
AndyT  is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 05:59 PM   #1955
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Racing4Evo

Quote:
Originally posted by AndyT
Another bonus of the one piece engine mount is that it helps to sit the engine "square" and hopefully if you`ve done everything else correctly have a nice even gear mesh.
Cheers
This is the biggest reason for the one-peice mount.
Racing4Evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 06:22 PM   #1956
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Racing4Evo

I just installed the 2 deg. front hubs on my car. Couldn't tell much of a difference just yet. I only ran the car in a parking lot while breaking in a motor. From what I can tell I lost some of the responsiveness of the front end(read as nervousness to some people).
Racing4Evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 07:01 PM   #1957
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by Racing4Evo
I just installed the 2 deg. front hubs on my car. Couldn't tell much of a difference just yet. I only ran the car in a parking lot while breaking in a motor. From what I can tell I lost some of the responsiveness of the front end(read as nervousness to some people).
what are the 2 degree front hubs?
Joe Chaplow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 07:53 PM   #1958
Tech Master

This is the product..

http://rc-union.com/product_info.php...oducts_id=2541

Got mine few days ago, havent installed it yet. I supposed you lose a little off power steering but will gain on power steering.??
BundyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 08:01 PM   #1959
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by BundyMan
I supposed you lose a little off power steering but will gain on power steering.??
So that's no good for the FW05R then...
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 08:07 PM   #1960
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
So that's no good for the FW05R then...
Actually, the FW05R will benefit from this as it has plenty of off power steering but pushs on power.
jeffreylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 08:12 PM   #1961
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by jeffreylin
Actually, the FW05R will benefit from this as it has plenty of off power steering but pushs on power.
That's exactly what I had in mind when I bought it If it works, then it will be a MUST BUY item for the FW05RR

Last edited by BundyMan; 04-01-2005 at 01:28 AM.
BundyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 09:00 PM   #1962
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default VHT CORRECTION

We here at Australia like to think that we are the innovators and have come up with this unique product, (VHT Very Hot Tar).
We have laid this product at the JGIRaceway in Sydney (Scene of world championships 1/8 ) and what it does is keep a constant track temperature of 29.69 degrees celcius + or - 5 degrees.
This is unique because the ambient temperature has minimal effect of the Very Hot Tar surface temperature.
Preety cool aye.
Another unique characteristic of this product is that is an deterant for kangaroos which leave dung around the track when they come in from the wild for grazing.
This is a common problem on all Australian tracks.
One memorable incident that comes to mind at the 1/8 worlds is in a practise gun heat Josh Cyrul narrowly avoided disaster by swerving a piece of dung that was not cleaned up that morning, entering the sweeper at 120 KM.
It was only his brilliant driving that triggered his last second swerving manouver to avoided a trip into the Koala proof fencing at the end of the straight. Truly one of the most memorable moments of r/c racing.

I hope this clears up the VHT thing.
Cheers
Alex.K
kickass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 12:40 AM   #1963
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: VHT CORRECTION

Quote:
Originally posted by kickass
We here at Australia like to think that we are the innovators and have come up with this unique product, (VHT Very Hot Tar).
We have laid this product at the JGIRaceway in Sydney (Scene of world championships 1/8 ) and what it does is keep a constant track temperature of 29.69 degrees celcius + or - 5 degrees.
This is unique because the ambient temperature has minimal effect of the Very Hot Tar surface temperature.
Preety cool aye.
Another unique characteristic of this product is that is an deterant for kangaroos which leave dung around the track when they come in from the wild for grazing.
This is a common problem on all Australian tracks.
One memorable incident that comes to mind at the 1/8 worlds is in a practise gun heat Josh Cyrul narrowly avoided disaster by swerving a piece of dung that was not cleaned up that morning, entering the sweeper at 120 KM.
It was only his brilliant driving that triggered his last second swerving manouver to avoided a trip into the Koala proof fencing at the end of the straight. Truly one of the most memorable moments of r/c racing.

I hope this clears up the VHT thing.
Cheers
Alex.K
reminds me of the other week of when i collected a kookaburra and a wallaby on the same lap last weekend at eastern creek just because VHT was not laid down.
Old 04-01-2005, 12:45 AM   #1964
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: VHT CORRECTION

Quote:
Originally posted by Team-RTR
reminds me of the other week of when i collected a kookaburra and a wallaby on the same lap last weekend at eastern creek just because VHT was not laid down.
Yer i agree lucky the Sydney track has the VHT otherwise i would have collected a wombat on the back straight

VHT really does work!
TRAJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 08:56 AM   #1965
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: Re: VHT CORRECTION

Quote:
Originally posted by TRAJ
Yer i agree lucky the Sydney track has the VHT otherwise i would have collected a wombat on the back straight

VHT really does work!
What is a kookaburra and a wallaby . Also what is a wombat?
dougday is offline   Reply With Quote