R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 03-30-2005, 02:21 AM   #1936
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Oh, one last question.

Are there any parts on the WC edition even worth having to put on a normal rrr ? Things that will make it handel better and put in faster lap times is what i am after. Things that make it stronger do not concern me. hehe i dont crash... much
Timox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 02:35 AM   #1937
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by Timox
Oh, one last question.

Are there any parts on the WC edition even worth having to put on a normal rrr ? Things that will make it handel better and put in faster lap times is what i am after. Things that make it stronger do not concern me. hehe i dont crash... much
The one piece engine mount will make your chassis stiffer and dissipate heat better.

The side plate will move your belt tensioner toward the rear so your side belt won't touch the header.

The new upperdeck has a design that help prevent the tank air leak problem.

The universals could be more efficient than dogbones.
jeffreylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 02:53 AM   #1938
Tech Initiate

Send a message via ICQ to SpeedsterRRR

Hey Guys!!! Just started the assembly of a WC kit

Did any of you, who have the WC kit, use the front diff as a rigid axis?
Are the new ball ends provided with the WC kit lower enough to fit with the diff, or is there still the problem with the ballcaps hitting the diff case?
SpeedsterRRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 05:15 AM   #1939
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
The one piece engine mount will make your chassis stiffer and dissipate heat better.
I thought the idea of a 3mm chassis was to flex a bit for bumpy track handeling.
Timox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 07:16 AM   #1940
Tech Elite

Quote:
I thought the idea of a 3mm chassis was to flex a bit for bumpy track handeling.
I agree. But if you look at your car there is really only one plastic bar supporting the front and rear section of the car. If you remove (or if the screw comes loose) you can actually bend your chassis slightly. The engine mount helps that a bit.
Old 03-30-2005, 02:52 PM   #1941
Tech Fanatic

hi,
i have installed the new radio tray on my car. are you suppose to put rubber groumets (spelling) inbetween the gas tank and radio tray on the front and rear screw? thanks in advance i did but it seems as though it makes the tank bind a bit... it is not as free.
Joe Chaplow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 03:19 PM   #1942
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to markp27

Quote:
The once piece engine mount will make the chassis a bit stiffer, which is good for many circuits which are so bumpy - Brazil was a bit extreme. Also a big advantage of the one piece is that it reduces the stresses on the engine - with the two piece engine mounts, the engine twists a lot more - which isn't so good.

So it isn't just the one advantage, there are quite a few for the one piece.
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 06:38 PM   #1943
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by joemugen
hi,
i have installed the new radio tray on my car. are you suppose to put rubber groumets (spelling) inbetween the gas tank and radio tray on the front and rear screw? thanks in advance i did but it seems as though it makes the tank bind a bit... it is not as free.
The fuel tank should install the same as the stock, which means you should place an o-ring (front and rear) between the upper deck and the tank. You should not tight the screws all the way but leave them a bit loose (but not too loose) so the tank can slide back forth if pushed.
Old 03-30-2005, 07:45 PM   #1944
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by jeffreylin
The fuel tank should install the same as the stock, which means you should place an o-ring (front and rear) between the upper deck and the tank. You should not tight the screws all the way but leave them a bit loose (but not too loose) so the tank can slide back forth if pushed.
thanks jefferylin!!!
Old 03-30-2005, 09:14 PM   #1945
wad
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wad Send a message via MSN to wad

Quote:
No I have a regular one but it's been upgraded to full WC spec except the rear shock tower. I am also using the longer rear universal so I don't have to get tires with offset.
Do I have to run offset with the WC??
Old 03-30-2005, 09:25 PM   #1946
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by wad
Do I have to run offset with the WC??
The rear universal in the WC edition is 2mm shorter thus you will need to run 2mm offset rear tires or put 2mm spacer outside the wheel hex to make it 200mm. However, this is not necessary a bad thing as it is yet another tuning option that allow you to narrow your rear quickly without touching the pivot ball screws and thus affecting rear toe.

You can also replace it with the regular universal if that's what you prefer.
Old 03-30-2005, 09:53 PM   #1947
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to buboy28 Send a message via Yahoo to buboy28

Quote:
The rear universal in the WC edition is 2mm shorter thus you will need to run 2mm offset rear tires or put 2mm spacer outside the wheel hex to make it 200mm. However, this is not necessary a bad thing as it is yet another tuning option that allow you to narrow your rear quickly without touching the pivot ball screws and thus affecting rear toe.

what's the part number of that longer rear universal
buboy28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 10:01 PM   #1948
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by buboy28
what's the part number of that longer rear universal
VSW007
Old 03-31-2005, 02:22 AM   #1949
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to buboy28 Send a message via Yahoo to buboy28

Quote:
VSW007
OK THANKS, SO THIS IS ALREADY A HOP-UP OPTION
buboy28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 07:12 AM   #1950
Tech Fanatic

Quote:

jefferylin,
let me see if i understand correctly. the only difference with the two mm offset is that if you set your car up to 200mm with the 2mm offset, but for the main (for whatever reason) i want my car to be 196mm i just put on rim without an offset. also, even though it has a 2mm offset, running rims with no offset will work fine? (assuming you make your track width using the no offset tires)