R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 03-10-2005, 08:16 AM   #1711
Tech Initiate

Default Help RRR

After building RRR i notice that 2 speed shoes are binding or rubbing inside two speed housing. I always thought that the second gear is surppose to spin freely until 2 speed is engaged. Can someone please give me some insight on this. Also did any of you guys have to modify the lock nut for two speed shoes to fit on it so that it will fit into 2 speed housing?
kpjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 08:55 AM   #1712
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default cement set-up...

guys: has any one of you tried running the v-one rrr on cement surface??? if so, what are your recommended set-up then... thanks
doki_doki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 11:03 AM   #1713
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

My 2speed shoes were tight when new too. I sanded them a little to loosen them up a bit but after running on the track they wore in just fine. I haven't had any shifting problems.
Surge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 03:38 PM   #1714
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: East Parts

Quote:
Originally posted by Team-RTR
hi andy, the East parts are of a very high quality, they are a japanese aftermarket company. east has an australian importer who you might be able to get those parts off cheaper once you factor in shipping. his website is www.racefactoryrcp.com
Thanks Team RTR, I`ll check out that website
Cheers
AndyT  is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 03:43 PM   #1715
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Help RRR

Quote:
Originally posted by kpjr
After building RRR i notice that 2 speed shoes are binding or rubbing inside two speed housing. I always thought that the second gear is surppose to spin freely until 2 speed is engaged. Can someone please give me some insight on this. Also did any of you guys have to modify the lock nut for two speed shoes to fit on it so that it will fit into 2 speed housing?
The 2 speed shoes certainly shouldnt bind or rub. Check the shoes and make sure that theres no small burrs, and also check to ensure that the 3x3 setscrews are wound in correctly.
You shouldnt have to modify any nuts on the 2 speed.
Cheers
Old 03-10-2005, 03:54 PM   #1716
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Best Engine

Quote:
Originally posted by bulletdays
Hi to all,

Im planning to get a new Novarossi engine, can you advise me if you know some engine which is better than nova.

Thanks in advance.
You`ll probably get all sorts of answers as to what`s a good race engine, but here`s my 2 cents worth
At the recent Sydney Nitro GP there were some seriously quick cars and from what i could see, quite a few of them were running Rody RB V12`s.....i was very impressed with the performance these engines were putting out.
After chatting to a few people around the pits, i`ve also heard very positive comments about the Sirio`s and they seem to give very good performance for the $.
The new JP`s have also had very favourable reports in magazines.
Personally I`m running a stock RB V12, in my opinion its a good club/short track engine, but once its up against some of these mod engines you`re struggling to keep up.
Cheers
Old 03-10-2005, 05:37 PM   #1717
Tech Adept

sorry but I have to disagree slightly.
I think NovaRossi are the best bang for the buck.

Strong as Oxes they are the most reliable engines I have come accross.

I own an NSR S7 and it is so fast it ridiculous.

Even the 3 and 5 ports are quick.

I dont see the point in splashing out on these expensive temperamental mod engines when with a NovaRossi its almost plug and play.

For smaller tracks Ive yet to see an engine that can match the RR12 S5 which won the Japenese championship.
(its a Long stroke)
rcrossco_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 06:18 PM   #1718
Tech Adept

I'm thinking that would be the L5 then.

Dave
DaRollaRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 08:54 PM   #1719
Tech Adept

sorry L5!
Its mental.
rcrossco_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 09:44 PM   #1720
Tech Master

Default Re: Help RRR

Quote:
Originally posted by kpjr
I had the exact same problem! I build the shoe and then sanded down the edges with fine gritt sandpaper untill it fit and spun freely in the 2nd gear spur. Shifts exactly like it should
TRAJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 09:44 PM   #1721
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by rcrossco_1
sorry L5!
Its mental.
FW-05RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 12:59 AM   #1722
Tech Adept

Hi

I had seen a local racer race a RRR and i was the marshal, i could see him manouver his RRR between the S figure of the track without slowing down and the car was actually swaying left and right while on power...and didnt slip at all. He destroyed the other cars at this track ! came 1st at that race and got himself 6000dhs = $1640 and $ 546 for the fastest lap !!

Now while i was building i faced a problem dont know if anyone faced this.......the servo arm touching the radio plate and they have to actually grind it a bit to let the servo arm move freely underneath. Well I had to do that. I dont know if its wrong or not but just wanted to chek if most of them had this problem or only 9451 servos.

The car setup comes as per the one way. can someone let me know a RRR setup with diffs.....someone can post pics of the setup sheets......

Currenlty my RRR is not as stable as the FW05RR which has been to a couple of races.. but the RRR is brand new.....in the process of breaking the new 12tup engine and reaching the perfect setup since the setup is as stock sheet which is probably for the one way.

All help appreciated.

cheers
ZiiZoo
uaerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 01:39 AM   #1723
Tech Initiate

Send a message via ICQ to SpeedsterRRR

Quote:
Originally posted by uaerc
Hi

I had seen a local racer race a RRR and i was the marshal, i could see him manouver his RRR between the S figure of the track without slowing down and the car was actually swaying left and right while on power...and didnt slip at all. He destroyed the other cars at this track ! came 1st at that race and got himself 6000dhs = $1640 and $ 546 for the fastest lap !!

Now while i was building i faced a problem dont know if anyone faced this.......the servo arm touching the radio plate and they have to actually grind it a bit to let the servo arm move freely underneath. Well I had to do that. I dont know if its wrong or not but just wanted to chek if most of them had this problem or only 9451 servos.

The car setup comes as per the one way. can someone let me know a RRR setup with diffs.....someone can post pics of the setup sheets......

Currenlty my RRR is not as stable as the FW05RR which has been to a couple of races.. but the RRR is brand new.....in the process of breaking the new 12tup engine and reaching the perfect setup since the setup is as stock sheet which is probably for the one way.

All help appreciated.

cheers
ZiiZoo

Regarding the servo arm... I am using futaba 9402, which should be the same size... and did not have to grind anything. If the servo arm you attached on the horn is longer than 20mm (hole to hole) then you might have to grind off a bit. You can check lots of pics on this thread where you can see how the servo arm should be...

I would suggest a front solid axis... which works pretty good for allot of guys and even the WC Kyosho guys, from what I heard...
The stock setup is a very good start... and you should be able to run fast with minor mods.

I also have the TUP evo2, and this bad machine has lots of power, and can play with the V12 Rody's... at half the $$$... hehehe

Hope I helped a bit...
SpeedsterRRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 02:54 AM   #1724
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default Re: Best Engine

Quote:
Originally posted by bulletdays
Hi to all,

Im planning to get a new Novarossi engine, can you advise me if you know some engine which is better than nova.

Thanks in advance.
I use a RB Rody V12 and race at Helles Park in Sydney which is a large track.

Certainly can't complain about the speed of this engine as it always seems to be one of the quickest.

It holds it's tune and has been very reliable.
Old 03-11-2005, 03:34 AM   #1725
BG
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by uaerc
Hi

All help appreciated.

cheers
ZiiZoo

I was wondering which club offers prize money? Now that is an incentive to go out there and practice more.

Cheers BG
BG is offline   Reply With Quote