Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Los magnificos rc GT2

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 02:22 PM
Tech Rookie

Hi all
Very sorry for bad English, i am from Lithuania.
I buy for my son Inferno GT2. Engine- GXR28SG.
Can this engine operate good at all without any modifications? After google searching about this engine i am shocked about hard tuning, overheating. Or I just must to search new engine like OS, Sirio? I don't need performance, i need realiability.
Many thanks, waiting for Your answers.
Old 06-28-2011, 02:33 PM
Tech Regular

Default stock engine

if you are not going to race it against superior engines you should be fine
i think the engine is delicate not hard to tune good luck
Old 06-28-2011, 02:40 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks tony for the fast answer. I'm lucky about this information.
So, one question more, Byron 20% is good fuel for this engine? Plug must be original or maybe i must order OS plug (8)? This car will be used only in summer.
Old 06-28-2011, 05:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Congrats on your victory TQ! Now bring your crew to BD this Sunday! Let's get it on...
Old 06-28-2011, 05:06 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by TONY-Q
How you like me now?

Nice tony, shit is cute !
Old 06-28-2011, 06:23 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by igoris
Thanks tony for the fast answer. I'm lucky about this information.
So, one question more, Byron 20% is good fuel for this engine? Plug must be original or maybe i must order OS plug (8)? This car will be used only in summer.
Byron is a great fuel brand. Glow plugs depend on tunning and ambient temperature, altitude and relative humidity. For fuel if you are at high altitude most of the time higher nitro is used but for your application 20% will do. Another thing is that the carburetors in these engines have a very fine thread in the needles. So a little goes a long way. I would suggest that you read your instructions and start at the factory settings. Then start the engine and bring it to operating temps (about 2 minutes of engine running). Now imagine that the high end needle or main needle is a clock. Then try to give it gas and see how the engine responds. It should be kind of sluggish and with lots of smoke coming from the pipe. If it stalls then close the main needle (top end needle) about an hour. Now you can do this until the engine revs freely and the engine temperature do not go above 240 degrees Fahrenheit (sorry I don't have it in Cs). Another thing is to run the car between needle changes to allow for the change to be noticeable. If you don't give it time then the changes will be superficial and you risk of damaging the engine. When you determine that the engine is doing good and the speed and temperature are ok then it is time to tune the bottom end needle. What I do and I recommend new people do is to bring the car to a complete stop in front of you (pointed towards the area you are running not at your legs or anyone else). Then count to 10 and go to full throttle if the engine dies then you are too lean and need to open a little bit the low end needle. If the engine sputters and does not want to go then you are too rich and need to close a little. You must repeat this until you can get the full 10 seconds without problems. Also try to count to fifteen and if it doesn't sputters then you are too lean as well. Then after you complete this you can pinch the gas line (you need the body off for this) about an inch from the carb and if it accelerates before 3 seconds you are too lean on the low end. If it goes for more that 5 seconds you are too rich on the low end. Another thing with engines that are hard to tune or for new tuners is to use a hotter glow plug. I don't remember if the OS 8 is medium or what is but if it is then try a hotter plug. This will help you out in the tuning of the motor. Hope this helps you.

Last edited by jneg; 06-28-2011 at 06:52 PM. Reason: More info...
Old 06-28-2011, 06:55 PM
Tech Addict

How you like me now?

Nice! So Tony when are planning to travel PR to race with us? Let me know...
Old 06-28-2011, 08:41 PM
Tech Regular

Default pr is my next stop

im planning on coming to pr for the next cup my parents leave there so im already talking about date is there any big event coming in august?
Old 06-28-2011, 11:36 PM
Tech Rookie

Thumbs up

Tony, congradulations on victory from Lithuania !

This is cars of my son .
One question more about GXR. Maybe good thing is to use 16% byron and O.S No.6 glow plug (or this fuel has too low nitro/ glow plug is too hot)? I don't need performance, i need realiability...
I am very pleased that you are so attentive.
Attached Thumbnails Los magnificos rc GT2-1.jpg  

Last edited by igoris; 06-29-2011 at 12:21 AM.
Old 06-29-2011, 07:00 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

congrats on the tq and win tony .........
Old 06-29-2011, 07:21 AM
Tech Regular

Default ill sugest 20%

Originally Posted by igoris
Tony, congradulations on victory from Lithuania !

This is cars of my son .
One question more about GXR. Maybe good thing is to use 16% byron and O.S No.6 glow plug (or this fuel has too low nitro/ glow plug is too hot)? I don't need performance, i need realiability...
I am very pleased that you are so attentive.
20 will be better for this engine remember its not a high performance motor
glow plug you will have to try diferent until you happy with one unfortunatley lots of things come in place when it comes to tuning a motor so try to keep it simple use a 6 to start then go from there
Old 06-29-2011, 08:56 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

How you like me now?

I do like green
Old 06-30-2011, 07:33 PM
Tech Addict

im planning on coming to pr for the next cup my parents leave there so im already talking about date is there any big event coming in august?
We race once a month, saturdays we run 2 qualifyers most of the time maybe 3. But most just use saturday as setup day. On Sundays we run 2 qualifyers and mains. This is every month the second weekend. That is unless it is July where we race the Latin Cup that runs from friday to sunday andwe get about 11 qualifyers or more and a long (45 minutes minimum) A main. Or if it is December where the Winter Cup runs almost the same days as the Latin Cup but we have a nice dinner and show for the racers. I would suggest that you race with us in December and bring some of your crew since we are hosting the 2012 Worlds and the best time to get huge track time is in December plus we are expecting some international drivers to come visit us for a great time. Plus on these dates we also race 1/10 sedan, 1/8 Lola and 1/10 novice class. This way all can have a good time. Of course in March is GT and only GT racing for the World Champs.
Old 07-01-2011, 08:23 AM
Tech Regular

Default novarossi challenge

my fellow GT racers as you next weekend. 8-9-10 of july control freakz will be hosting a big event and we need to show our presence is the only way we can get noticed please let's try our best to make this race
Old 07-01-2011, 09:33 PM
Tech Regular

Default got u

Originally Posted by Joseph16
put me on the list!
i will be on the track aorund 7:30am...

i will try to get the numbers of some friends from manhattan to try to take them to the race too.
i know you will be there

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.