R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 07-04-2011, 01:44 PM   #121
Tech Elite

Happy 4th Guys........ A great play day at the track yesterday must have had 20 guys out there turning laps.....

Eddie always great having our friends from up north... going to be great.

Alright we will get some official verbiage typed up from Troy and the other GT guys, but the opinion is we want all who can to come race their GT cars so we want to formulate the rules around the Midwest series rules with the motors being buggy based with a maximum retail cost new from a major retail or online store of $200 at the normal non-blowout special... so bring them out guys but be prepared to sell your rocket to the guys you beat for a $200 claimer rule: lol:

this is a demo class and rather new to the NW, let's make it fun and affordable.....

We will post some photos of the track improvements later this week, stay tuned for some cool happenings.
MAD916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 02:28 PM   #122
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks for the clarification on gt motor rule. I have a buggy base motor under 200.00, and a rtr motor so game on.
Old 07-04-2011, 05:39 PM   #123
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

[QUOTE=MAD916;9344291Alright we will get some official verbiage typed up from Troy and the other GT guys, but the opinion is we want all who can to come race their GT cars so we want to formulate the rules around the Midwest series rules with the motors being buggy based with a maximum retail cost new from a major retail or online store of $200 at the normal non-blowout special... so bring them out guys but be prepared to sell your rocket to the guys you beat for a $200 claimer rule: lol:

this is a demo class and rather new to the NW, let's make it fun and affordable......[/QUOTE]

Nice call on the motor rule ........ wish I could make the race .........
www.darksidems.com www.igthobbies.com www.IGT8.com
Grenade10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 09:28 PM   #124
Tech Regular

Are we running World GT too??? If so the what the basic rules we will be following??
Team STPN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 11:53 AM   #125
Tech Elite

We had WGT and Mod GT on the online entry form from last year. the class had some interst last year but had not seen a single car this year... we had mostly ran a 235mm class of them with some of the carpet guys taking their CRC and putting the 235 kit's on them, mod motor single cell.

The event is looking like it will be pretty big and I get concerned about time. I had not seen anyone else ask yet about the class so if there is not more than like 5 or more it would be tough to add the class.
Old 07-05-2011, 10:02 PM   #126
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAD916 View Post
We had WGT and Mod GT on the online entry form from last year. the class had some interst last year but had not seen a single car this year... we had mostly ran a 235mm class of them with some of the carpet guys taking their CRC and putting the 235 kit's on them, mod motor single cell.

The event is looking like it will be pretty big and I get concerned about time. I had not seen anyone else ask yet about the class so if there is not more than like 5 or more it would be tough to add the class.
Okay I won't bring the car with me, thanks...
Team STPN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 03:18 PM   #127
Tech Fanatic

I used to run dirt oval car claim races back in the day, and it was a great way to keep anyone from digging deep into the pockets. I think the claim rule is great. Maybe I can slip in my old modded Nova Rossi and let someone have it for $200 after the race. Kidding, let's just run what it takes to get you there and have some fun.
Old 07-06-2011, 07:51 PM   #128
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher

I waited a few days and my plane ticket price went DOWN $96. See you guys in a few weeks.
Old 07-07-2011, 08:35 AM   #129
Tech Elite

Morning: Well after 11 years of thinking about it we finally stepped up and sealed the track. after enough N.W. winters it was time, we used a 12% rubber based product from a supplier in Seattle. went on nicely with great coverage, just need to hit a couple thin spots, re-stripe the track and paint the curbs and we are ready to roll. will have a better idea after this weekend regarding tire wear, but it should go down...

We throughout the E-Mugen 8th scale last night and it was pretty grippy.... we have our Thursday Night Club Race so should have a good idea of the grip on the rubber TC tonight.

Thanks to Rick, Richard, Kimmie, Chad, Dana, Dave, Tom , and Conner... a big old hard day, but it is done.....
Attached Thumbnails
TIMEZONE GRAN PRIX July 22,23,24 2011-dsc_5422.jpg   TIMEZONE GRAN PRIX July 22,23,24 2011-dsc_5427.jpg   TIMEZONE GRAN PRIX July 22,23,24 2011-dsc_5431.jpg  
Old 07-07-2011, 10:34 AM   #130
Tech Fanatic

Nicely done. Thanks for the time and efforts to make this good for the likes of us racers.
Old 07-07-2011, 02:26 PM   #131
Tech Regular

Hey Mark and Rick. I'm trying to put a ride together to come back and race the timezone GP and all your club races. I have raced off road 2wd at TRCR for the last 4 years. It's fun but not the same as outdoor gas cars. The rush you get with a 8th scale is like no other and I want to come back and race with u guys. I wanted to thank you guys for all your hard work on your track and I hope to be back for the GP.

Marty Barnes
snakebarnes960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 02:28 PM   #132
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

That's pretty cool you guys. How exciting. I see that you even filled in couple of my favorites bumps in the front left. They got pretty hairy when the the tires got low. I am headed up to Victoria tomorrow and I will let the boys know they better be ready for a great race!
Team Orca orcharc.com
Slapmaster6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 06:37 AM   #133
Tech Elite

We had a great first night on the new surface.... Can you Say 18.9 sec. with the 17.5 TC ... WOW the grip in Rubber TC is definitely much better you can feel it going in and also when you get back on the throttle.....

Put the E-Mugen's out and they feel about the same.. good grip and I think the tire wear may have dropped just a tad also....

So COMPLETE SUCSESS...

Marty Would be cool to see you back out here... hoot you held the track record for about 7 years 15.2,,, been up'd a bit to a 13.9 with the new school stuff.

Brian have fun up there was trying to get the little women to travel north this weekend with me so I may be able to race up there, but too much to do around here to get ready. We will be painting up the Curbs and Steel and some other items Saturday and Practice on Sunday.... We are getting close guys....
Old 07-08-2011, 07:44 AM   #134
rjr
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakebarnes960 View Post
Hey Mark and Rick. I'm trying to put a ride together to come back and race the timezone GP and all your club races. I have raced off road 2wd at TRCR for the last 4 years. It's fun but not the same as outdoor gas cars. The rush you get with a 8th scale is like no other and I want to come back and race with u guys. I wanted to thank you guys for all your hard work on your track and I hope to be back for the GP.

Marty Barnes
Mahty, Mahty Bahnes!
rjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 09:20 AM   #135
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Mark, that is exciting news. It's awesome to see the pride you n the crew take in your tracks. I know that I am looking forward to the GP once again this year and with all the big guns coming, I am also looking for a good ole fashion wood shed thumpin. You should have handed me the paint roller to tune up the curb last year..... right after I took the go-cart to the front wall! You guys going to bust those things out again? I think that burn finally healed.

The return of Marty Barnes???? Hmmmm....... is it time to put the band back together.

Robert! Behave yourself, settle down or I will get Behzad on the phone. Say hi to the crew.
Team Orca orcharc.com
Slapmaster6000 is offline   Reply With Quote