R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 07-25-2011, 05:20 PM   #241
Tech Adept

Default HUGE Thank you very nice!

TZR Grad Prix is the race of the year! We will be back with more of our Cannuck friends next year!

Big hats of to the TZR crew for a fab weekend!!!

Love the new sealed track and all the improvements. Lap times are gonna drop next year, once we get more rubber on the track.
Super Mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 05:35 PM   #242
Tech Addict

Default Monkey F#$King a Football

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADHAT View Post
Fabulous event! Well organized and well run. I too would like to say thanks to all of you who put this race, and the meals together, I know its a huge effort.

p.s. I have a pic of Clete on the bar stool but I'm having issues getting it uploaded. I'll have to work on that later.

HA... That thing was twitchy!..I could see some road rash coming....

TIMEZONE GRAN PRIX July 22,23,24 2011-bar-stool-2.jpg
Old 07-25-2011, 06:27 PM   #243
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Way too much fun! Like Rick said: "if you don't plan on having some fun, you may as well pack up". I got a lot of chances to use the fuel gun with the 8 minute quals. And even more chances in the mains. Got to pit lots of guys. The bbq diner was amazing as usual. I don't know how the St.Cyrs can do such a tasty meal for that many, but my hat's off! Thanks for the hospitality and for keeping my belly full.

Mark Day must ready for a new car after he wore it out in 3 mains. Nice finish in the end.

Prop's to Richard for the number 2 spot on the 8th scale podium!

I bet Ryan's thumb is still throbbing after the stabbing incident. Great race in IGT with the top 3 on the same lap! Congrats to Jeff Holt. Although marshaling needs to have complimentary ear plugs.

I couldn't believe how fast Scott's nitro touring car is. What was that fast lap? 14.6! Crazy. Ralph showed us why he's WC, by pulling off a narrow victory on a tough course. I rolled up to a 3rd place late in the main and blinked for a moment running off into the grass. That later turned into a 7th eventual finish, but it was still fun.

The trophy presentation was too funny. Drew once again steels the show by stepping in for Scott's 2nd place in the nitro tc claiming: I'd like to thank Team Serpent for this opportunity. Funny stuff.

Kody was solid on the mic as well as behind the trigger all weekend. Too bad he's trying to straighten us all out.

Great to see Rich Browne make it back up and bring the rest of the SoCal boys up for romp in the woods.

Tilley; I now know why my camera ran out of battery. What did you do, hold down the button?

I'd like to thank Drew and Ralph of Xray for putting up with all the questions. And I'd like to especially thank Dave Ehrlick for all the pit work.

Brian
Attached Thumbnails
TIMEZONE GRAN PRIX July 22,23,24 2011-img_1351.jpg   TIMEZONE GRAN PRIX July 22,23,24 2011-img_1352.jpg   TIMEZONE GRAN PRIX July 22,23,24 2011-img_1353.jpg   TIMEZONE GRAN PRIX July 22,23,24 2011-img_1354.jpg   TIMEZONE GRAN PRIX July 22,23,24 2011-img_1355.jpg  

Team Orca orcharc.com
Slapmaster6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 06:29 PM   #244
Tech Elite

more...
Attached Thumbnails
TIMEZONE GRAN PRIX July 22,23,24 2011-img_1356.jpg   TIMEZONE GRAN PRIX July 22,23,24 2011-img_1357.jpg   TIMEZONE GRAN PRIX July 22,23,24 2011-img_1358.jpg   TIMEZONE GRAN PRIX July 22,23,24 2011-img_1365.jpg   TIMEZONE GRAN PRIX July 22,23,24 2011-img_1378.jpg  

Team Orca orcharc.com
Old 07-25-2011, 06:30 PM   #245
Tech Elite

And for Devin.....
Attached Thumbnails
TIMEZONE GRAN PRIX July 22,23,24 2011-img_1386.jpg  
Team Orca orcharc.com
Old 07-25-2011, 06:45 PM   #246
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Great race guys!!! Really fast drivers!!!
Is this an annual event?
panayos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 08:40 PM   #247
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slapmaster6000 View Post
Oh there's pics! Cheri tq'ed over Kimbrow who failed to launch. Tilley was most likey to topple. Drew had best post race pose.
This is the best pose I caught on camera. I'm still going through the pics; I have about 700 of 2000 left to scan

I also attached a couple others. More to come later...
Attached Thumbnails
TIMEZONE GRAN PRIX July 22,23,24 2011-tzgpiii_214_med.jpg   TIMEZONE GRAN PRIX July 22,23,24 2011-tzgpiii_084_med.jpg   TIMEZONE GRAN PRIX July 22,23,24 2011-tzgpiii_128_med.jpg   TIMEZONE GRAN PRIX July 22,23,24 2011-tzgpiii_134_med.jpg   TIMEZONE GRAN PRIX July 22,23,24 2011-tzgpiii_247_med.jpg  

Bruce Grembowski, ROAR #11-115675
Rose City Scale Racing (http://www.rosecityscaleracing.com)
Bruce Grembowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 09:49 PM   #248
Tech Regular

Wow what a weekend!! This was my very first out of state race and I can proudly say I had an awesome time!!! You people at TZR put on a great race and that BBQ was to die for!! I will for sure be there next year and again Thank you so much!!
Team STPN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 08:16 AM   #249
Tech Elite

Well it feels as if I slept through all of Monday I went to the track and met Rick and Richard and did some cleanup last night. We want to say THANK YOU to all who attended and especially to those who traveled quite a distance to attend. Where do I start…. Needless to say it was quite a busy few weeks before the event when we decided to seal the track, and get it all painted up for the event. All I can say is wow it worked flawlessly with great grip all weekend.

A very big thanks to Kody for helping out on the Race RD all weekend. I think we had it covered nicely and the program moved right along. Sorry about the second pit lane monitor tried like heck to get it to clone the desktop so all could see the race info, it took till Monday before the light bulb went on and realized I should have connected my laptop and routed Live RC to the monitor... oh well next time sorry guys.

A super big thanks to Rick's wife Karen and the whole family and my in-laws for putting on the meal and getting registration dialed in and the T-shirts sold...

It was amazing to see all the top level drivers at our track and also a bit heartwarming to see them battle with the challenges of TZR.... it is like no other track in the US and it will keep you honest no doubt. Thanks to RC America, Mugen USA, and Serpent USA, Sweep Racing and Top USA.

Big Thanks to the mechanics and pit crew's Rick and Richard helping me keep my car ready while I assisted with the RD duties, and to Brian Bodine and Andy Wells for the pit duties as I took the very long road to the A-main... man my car looks worn out....

Also big thanks to Jerry Tate, and Ryan's Nefew for the endless volunteer corner marshalling duties, same with all the others like Rob Undrill that were out there anytime we called. Also thanks to all the Holligans that “I saw helping with cleanup and garbage detail

And what a great after hours party each night.... what better reason to get 4 hours sleep each night ...

Thanks to everyone who made this the absolute biggest and best TZGP yet...
112 entries... WOW yes it is an annual event and we have already started to plan for next year.

I am sure I forgot to thank all that help make this a great weekend.... Oh yeah and thanks or the perfect weather.
MAD916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 10:39 AM   #250
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hats off to all the TZR family that made this event. You are incredible. The hospitality was great and the racing was intense. What a track. Nothing else like it. All the Utah bunch had a super time. The food was delicious and the racers there are fast. Super good time and I am planning to come again. This is one you don't want to miss.
Thank you for everything.
Old 07-26-2011, 10:42 AM   #251
Tech Master

Great race, great food, fun time , great people = one hell of a time.

Thanks to all that helped with the race. Loved the track, loved the food.

If you didn't make it to RC Woodstock 2011, you better start planning to attending RC Woodstock 2012.

Thanks Rick and Mark for letting me play with your cars. The 1/5 were so fun and the E cars were real fast.

You guys really made us feel like it was or home.

See you at the 2012 TZGP "RC Woodstock"

Thanks Drew
Old 07-26-2011, 11:54 AM   #252
Tech Elite

See I knew I would forget to give a special thanks to someone...

John Lee from Sweep had sent us a great bag of giveaway Items like traction compound and bottles, and CA's Plus a set of 50 Shore GT tires for the TQ of the class. so thank goodness that was our local new guy Ryan and we will make sure he gets them as well as make sure we get the traction bottles out to some deserving NW drivers....

Also had 2 Rose City Scale Racing Shirts sitting there. total failure on my part

SORRY GUYS we will make up for it next year......
MAD916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 12:18 PM   #253
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Doesn't Get Any Better!!!!

For my first big race, this was BAD ASS!!! I would like to thank the St. Cyrs and Markie Mark Day for making this the Greatest Race! Also a BIG thanks to all the Hooligans for helping me on and off the track with their support and good natured fun. Special thanks to Dana Mckee for getting me started and up to speed with this addictive sport.
Next year the barstool will definately have a transponder on it! looks like Drew and Uncle Ricky might be some competition! Great to see all the big boys and everyone who made the long trek to our little piece of heaven in the big city of Battle Ground! Hope to see everyone, and a bunch more for next years shaningans and great racing!!!!

P.S. The Hudy 2mil through the thumb was Dana's experiment to put a hook through and shave 3 tenths off his pit stop

FNG Ryan Newbury
T-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 12:25 PM   #254
Tech Adept

Default Thank you Timezone!

Can't say thank you enough to Rick, Mark, Richard, Karen, Kody, and the whole crew from Timezone Raceway that put on a fabulous race!! Not only was incredible to be part of the racing, but just watching the action on track was exciting at any given time. You can't ask for a better place to be when you're pitting back in the trees, smelling the tress andBBQ grills going, and at the same time smelling nitro fumes drifting in from the track!

It was awesome to meet new friends from Canada, and race with many old friends from around the country.

If you missed it this year, DO NOT miss next year. We can't wait to get back.

A special thank you to Drew Ellis for always being the center of attention, and stepping in to accept my awards in my absence.... Thanks Drew!
Old 07-26-2011, 12:56 PM   #255
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Can't wait for next years race. Fun track, great food, great racing and people.

Thanks to Richard and JJ Wang for the front tires for the A main you guys really bailed me out and are a class act all the way!!! Thanks to Dennis and Tony Clark for letting me use there fuel gun as the one I brought was a complete POS!!! and I left it there in the trash. And thanks to my fuel bottle holder Scott Fisher.
POWER MASTER Fuel, 2mm Designs
Protoform Bodies, Avid Bearings, AMR Engines
YBSLOW is offline   Reply With Quote