R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 03-28-2011, 01:49 AM   #1
Tech Adept

Default has anyone here got a hard h6 starter box

Has anyone here got a hard h6 starter box on here as I'm thinking of getting one.however I would like to connect a 12v to the starterbox.can u fit just a normal 12v banna leads to them.

Cheers
kyoshoevolvam3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 03:08 AM   #2
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyoshoevolvam3 View Post
Has anyone here got a hard h6 starter box on here as I'm thinking of getting one.however I would like to connect a 12v to the starterbox.can u fit just a normal 12v banna leads to them.

Cheers

i would highly recomend you stay away from hard starter boxes i brought one and had nothing but problems with mine and it got replaced three times in the end i just brought a nother brand its a pity as the build looked the goods
rufazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 03:24 AM   #3
Tech Adept

Thanks for ur help what starterbox do u have I have to get a starterbox that's suits a 1/8 on road car.

Thanks
kyoshoevolvam3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 03:37 AM   #4
Tech Adept

i know use hudy ones for every thing 1\10 and just started using one for my 1\8 not a issue however i dont think you can use jumper leads
rufazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 03:00 PM   #5
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufazz View Post
i would highly recomend you stay away from hard starter boxes i brought one and had nothing but problems with mine and it got replaced three times in the end i just brought a nother brand its a pity as the build looked the goods
bullshit!!! I used hard sbox H6 for 2 years is nice Sbox
i thing u are fool racer man
Old 06-09-2011, 03:07 PM   #6
Tech Adept

i had the HARD H5s starter box and it wasnt great. over time everythnig just broke. i mostly had proplems with the switch not working when you needed it to work. im not to sure if the H6 has a similar switch setup but if it does i would stay away from them.
ugglasdav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 03:21 AM   #7
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Default 2 more cents

Hmmm, I run a h5 and it's a kickass motor in mine and yes it does need some maintenance.
On the h5 there are Banana options. To be true, get a gel cell 12v like on motorbikes if you can afford the weight penalty or Lipo it. It's a simple mod to add 12v.

The key to the H6 is it uses a RELAY... Which in theory is a great idea, I hate the sparks on my H5 of raw contacts.If the build was crap, then that'd be a different story but it's not the norm. TM has a better history in RC accessories than they do their cars..

Personally I'd avoid the dual 540 and get a H5... and better still get a mugen or hudy

Quote:
blis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 03:52 AM   #8
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

NOT YOU AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!

MUGEN / NOVAROSSI / MATRIX
CHRISP76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 10:40 AM   #9
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

i've had the TM version of this starter box since 2005 and it's still going strong
Old 06-11-2011, 11:15 AM   #10
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher

I have a couple of the TM Alpha boxes myself and they are great starter boxes. My Alpha boxes are over 4 years old. I have had to lube the motors once, clean the contacts once and change the rubber wheel once. Almost everytime I have seen somebody burning motors in a starter box it is because of improper alignment. Nobody admits to it, but that is the #1 cause that I have seen. The only reason I switched to the Hudy box is sponsorship reasons. The Hudy box is great as well.

To answer your question, I don't see how a 12volt battery will fit into that box unless you get a 14.4v lipo. I ran my Alpha on a Losi lipo battery for over 18 months before switching to the Hudy box.
Old 06-14-2011, 12:42 AM   #11
Tech Rookie

Default blue ofna box

Just stop working? Check bother motors both working. Bought a new switch can't figure out the problem ... should I rewire it? Whats the next step
ny187blacksheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 10:06 PM   #12
Tech Fanatic

12v gel cells fit in there, you just have to take the starter box apart somewhat to fit it in. In over 5 years, only had to replace the gel cell once
Old 06-15-2011, 02:03 AM   #13
Tech Rookie

I figured it out.. On the push down trigger there is a circle disc thats hits the two metal tabs to complete the circuit. There was plastic shavings or dirt from the wheel that melted on one of the tabs. Cleaned it up and the box is working perfectly.
I have the gel cell. The only thing I don't like is the charge time... I'm going solder those clips from those nimh battery, sorry don't know the name (newbie) so I can use my rapid charger...
Old 06-15-2011, 02:11 AM   #14
Tech Rookie

Can i even do that? What setting on the rapid charger. Can I just use two 7.2v battery's
or a lipo anything a rapid charge ...
Old 06-16-2011, 07:16 AM   #15
Tech Fanatic

can't rapid charge a gel cel-also, a gel cell fully charged should last quite a while (like several race days) before needing a charge again