RDLogics Mongoose 2011 >

RDLogics Mongoose 2011

RDLogics Mongoose 2011

Old 05-14-2011, 09:31 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DJ_Shakespear
Hey guys, I have a question about the RD Logics Mongoose/TM G4 Evo:

The only reason I plan to get it is to have it more or less as a practice/basher at my local track before I start racing more competitively (against cars like the HK-1, Capricorn Lab and stuff like that) before getting either the Velox V10 '11 or the new V1 R4.

So, how does it handle/compare against the major players in 1/10 on-road? Does the cheaper price reflect how it's going to be?
It's not a big deal for me since where I plan to race it doesn't require a fairly precise setup - as long as it is in the right area it will be good enough.
OR is it just as good as the big boys? The plan is to either put in an RB T11 Junior or something on the lower-end of the performance scale before getting the big guns But if it's just as good, then it's going to be carrying an RB M3 '11
its a great kit out there either for bashing or for race..im using it from 2000 till now with no problem,the part price is abit cheap,and easy to find..so its no regrad for this kit...even im driving alot of kit from other manufacture but still my best choice will this 3 brand mugen mtx4 /kyosho fw 05rr/TM g4
Old 05-15-2011, 01:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DJ_Shakespear
Hey guys, I have a question about the RD Logics Mongoose/TM G4 Evo:

The only reason I plan to get it is to have it more or less as a practice/basher at my local track before I start racing more competitively (against cars like the HK-1, Capricorn Lab and stuff like that) before getting either the Velox V10 '11 or the new V1 R4.

So, how does it handle/compare against the major players in 1/10 on-road? Does the cheaper price reflect how it's going to be?
It's not a big deal for me since where I plan to race it doesn't require a fairly precise setup - as long as it is in the right area it will be good enough.
OR is it just as good as the big boys? The plan is to either put in an RB T11 Junior or something on the lower-end of the performance scale before getting the big guns But if it's just as good, then it's going to be carrying an RB M3 '11
DJ_Shakespear:

While i haven't raced a Mongoose as yet, they can be still competitive in the right hands against more model cars. Team Magic continued with parts that can be used on this until 2008, although some early parts have now been discontinued.

Andrew
Old 05-15-2011, 04:01 AM
Tech Addict

That's all cool, I wont be racing it super-competitively then, just at my local track for fun

After some time, Ill get the R4 or the Velox 11 later on down the track
Old 05-24-2011, 03:59 AM
Tech Elite

Default Frustrated!!!

I am a really frustrated G4 driver at the moment....

Last time out i felt car lacked a little steering, so I changed tyre combination, to make the fronts softer compound to the rears like others have been successful with.

Haven't touched anything else (not even the dreaded dual rate on the controller) and the rear is now loose.

Andrew
Old 05-25-2011, 01:21 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear

Last time out i felt car lacked a little steering, so I changed tyre combination, to make the fronts softer compound to the rears like others have been successful with.

Haven't touched anything else (not even the dreaded dual rate on the controller) and the rear is now loose.

Andrew

Andrew,

I think you're feeling the front grip now and need less steering... Try turning down the steering rates and measure your turning circle in metres

h
Old 05-25-2011, 03:04 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by blis
Andrew,

I think you're feeling the front grip now and need less steering... Try turning down the steering rates and measure your turning circle in metres

h
Thanks for your reply Harry, starting to feel lonely here in TM land at the moment with my "Old" G4's! Have you tried any rear roll centre options on the Evo yet and have you noticed much of a difference with the narrow rear on the chassis?

I am keen to know what difference the chassis makes with all this RTR talk at the moment.

Take Care
Andrew
Old 05-25-2011, 09:24 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Andrew
Most of the newer cars running the soft front hard rear tire combinations are using diffs or spools up front. Not checking your original post, are you still using the oneway that was original to the G4 kit? If not and you are using diffs, perhaps you need to adjust the oil weights in your diffs.
Old 05-26-2011, 03:54 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by YR4Dude
Most of the newer cars running the soft front hard rear tire combinations are using diffs or spools up front. Not checking your original post, are you still using the oneway that was original to the G4 kit? If not and you are using diffs, perhaps you need to adjust the oil weights in your diffs.
YRDude:

I am running the gear diffs front and rear at the moment. I have 50,000wt in the front and 30,000wt in the rear.

Thanks for any assistance you can be with this. I am thinking i might change tyres back to same compound front and rear and lower the front roll centre.

Thanks
Andrew
Old 06-13-2011, 03:29 AM
Tech Elite

Howdy

Ran my Mongoose again today after making quite a few setup changes. It was on song, compared to earlier with fighting an onpower oversteering handful.

The bad news is the screw came out of the 2 speed shaft on the ED transmission and everything shifted. All fixed now, but one of these days i will be shouting drinks when i get a full 5 minutes run time....

Andrew
Old 06-27-2011, 08:44 PM
Tech Initiate

Andrew

Any updates on your car and how it is going? I still haven't got to do anything with that engine yet, just been too busy!

I am still to decide on what car i am going with and i think my girl friend to getting annoyed with the bits i have bought and nothing to use them on

Thanks
Old 06-28-2011, 02:46 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Mr_Poo
Andrew

Any updates on your car and how it is going? I still haven't got to do anything with that engine yet, just been too busy!

I am still to decide on what car i am going with and i think my girl friend to getting annoyed with the bits i have bought and nothing to use them on

Thanks
Hi Dude,

Great to hear from you... know all about being in trouble with the better half, she is complaining about my box of spare parts on the floor in the kitchen

I ran the Goose last weekend and did a few five minute runs without any issues at all. I changed the castor to get a little more on power steering, catch twenty two is it takes away low speed steering. Thinking softer fronts might be worth a try again and reduce the dual rate on the controller like Harry (Blis) reminded me off. I will have to get some to try again though... I bought myself a new Android tablet, so am enjoying playing with that at the moment for a change of pace.

Have heaps of cars here if I can help you out if you want. My brothers Edam is getting better if he could drive!

Talk soon
Andrew
Old 06-28-2011, 04:27 PM
Tech Initiate

Hi Dude,

Great to hear from you... know all about being in trouble with the better half, she is complaining about my box of spare parts on the floor in the kitchen

I ran the Goose last weekend and did a few five minute runs without any issues at all. I changed the castor to get a little more on power steering, catch twenty two is it takes away low speed steering. Thinking softer fronts might be worth a try again and reduce the dual rate on the controller like Harry (Blis) reminded me off. I will have to get some to try again though... I bought myself a new Android tablet, so am enjoying playing with that at the moment for a change of pace.

Have heaps of cars here if I can help you out if you want. My brothers Edam is getting better if he could drive!

Talk soon
Andrew
LOL... Don't upset her or she might not want to be in the kitchen

Your Mongoose sounds tricky, but keen to now how you go as RDLogics are so good to deal with!

What tablet did you get? If your brother can't drive why don't you use the Edam Andrew?

Stay safe!
Old 06-29-2011, 03:11 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Mr_Poo
LOL... Don't upset her or she might not want to be in the kitchen

Your Mongoose sounds tricky, but keen to now how you go as RDLogics are so good to deal with!

What tablet did you get? If your brother can't drive why don't you use the Edam Andrew?

Stay safe!
Hey

I bought the Acer Iconia A500 with Andriod Honeycomb 3.0... Loving it

Already have a lot of cars and my brother has an electric car, but gave him a gas setup to run a little more with me and my gas cars. He prefers his electric i think, but even that is too fast for him at this stage!

The goose isn't bad, but i think it might be time for a change and get something with local support...
Old 06-29-2011, 06:03 PM
abi
Tech Adept

Hey

I bought the Acer Iconia A500 with Andriod Honeycomb 3.0... Loving it

Already have a lot of cars and my brother has an electric car, but gave him a gas setup to run a little more with me and my gas cars. He prefers his electric i think, but even that is too fast for him at this stage!

The goose isn't bad, but i think it might be time for a change and get something with local support...
What! walk away from TM... That will just leave me, one man standing.

I'd stick with the softer fronts and dial out some steering angle, this is what the guns tend to do.

One question for everyone, what is a target turning circle for a 1/10 scale onroad car? I have been chasing front grip in all of my TM cars since starting in this hobby and have tried everything in all the set-up guides (Xray document is good), due to this I tend to run at or near full lock for good handling however i know the greater lock is hurting car speed. I'm now experimenting with adding weight to the nose of the car with some success. So my question is - What diameter turning circle do most of the top drivers aim for? I guess tight and fast tracks influence this also? Harry, keen to hear what you think tbout this too.

Cheers

Adrian
Old 06-30-2011, 02:18 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by abi
What! walk away from TM... That will just leave me, one man standing.

I'd stick with the softer fronts and dial out some steering angle, this is what the guns tend to do.

One question for everyone, what is a target turning circle for a 1/10 scale onroad car? I have been chasing front grip in all of my TM cars since starting in this hobby and have tried everything in all the set-up guides (Xray document is good), due to this I tend to run at or near full lock for good handling however i know the greater lock is hurting car speed. I'm now experimenting with adding weight to the nose of the car with some success. So my question is - What diameter turning circle do most of the top drivers aim for? I guess tight and fast tracks influence this also? Harry, keen to hear what you think tbout this too.

Cheers

Adrian
Hey Adrian

Sorry to leave you last man standing... Things have been on downward spiral for awhile and not much support here either. Abbey (better looking half) wants me to get something with local support and she likes the sound of the Shepherd seeing Aussie distributor is on the other side of the river.

Will see though....

Andrew

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.