Is this a "fast" body?

  • hey, i was looking at the body from hpi. looks pretty aerodynamic. i like the sleek looks aswell. does anybody use this body or think that it will be as aerodynamic as a stratus or alfa body?
    http://hpiracing.com/graphics/new/s7/s71.jpg
  • illegal body at our local track....too LOLA like.

    Try Protoform Mazda 6......if stratus or alfa is boring to you.
  • The few people I've talked to say no. For some reason, the "fast looking" HPI bodies turnout to not be so fast on a track. Maybe in a straight line but not on a track. Oddly enough, the 1 HPI body that most people overlook that is actually pretty fast around a track is the 200mm Escudo body. Of course, this is only if your track doesn't require you to run a ROAR legal body.
  • I have always found the bodies with a great length to them in the rear from the wheel base had a really slow path around the track. If you are going to purchase an HPI body, the escudo or the elise would be choice for fast bodies. The most popular would be the ones that are ROAR legal.
  • to aid all of your responses, my track has no rules on bodies at all. the escudo body looks like it will have alot of downforce, but what about when you try to turn? wont that hinder steering? the elise looks like the best bet for me, it looks sick and as you all say, it has good aerodynamics.
  • Quote:
    Originally posted by macnkitty2002
    to aid all of your responses, my track has no rules on bodies at all. the escudo body looks like it will have alot of downforce, but what about when you try to turn? wont that hinder steering? the elise looks like the best bet for me, it looks sick and as you all say, it has good aerodynamics.
    If so then go with the Lola or even a Loletta ... very fast, high downforce and lots of steering.
  • Actually I tried that body back to back with a Proto Stratus 1 and it handles very similar. I felt it had a little more straight line speed and the turning was slithly better. I was surprised too.
  • Quote:
    Originally posted by Sow&Steady
    If so then go with the Lola or even a Loletta ... very fast, high downforce and lots of steering.
    sorry, but whats the difference between a lola and a loletta?
  • Quote:
    Originally posted by raving-monkey
    sorry, but whats the difference between a lola and a loletta?
    Just the shape of the front end. The Lola is more flat after the wheel arches whereas the loletta curves on round the wheel before coming up to the rear
  • not sure, but just to let you know, i have a 1/10 scale. i think the lola and loletta bodies are for 1/8, i dunno.
  • Quote:
    Originally posted by macnkitty2002
    not sure, but just to let you know, i have a 1/10 scale. i think the lola and loletta bodies are for 1/8, i dunno.
    They are talking about those bodys for touring car. There are places that run 10th scale outlaw where anything goes.

    Anyway, that HPI escudo body works really well on small to medium sized tracks. Lots of steering and rear traction. They are the body of choice at the HPI challenges.

    Almost any body can be made to work if you change the setup of your car. It really depends on your track conditions, car setup and personal preference.
  • my track is really slippery. i use 40 shore in my 1/10 electric, and if you turn to sharply it spins out. the dual rate usually helps there. so i guess the escudo would help to gimme mo traction

Similar Threads