R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 02-26-2011, 08:55 PM   #1
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rcrevolution
Default What did I miss?

Hello guys, I have been out of the hobby for quite a while and I still have an original Revo with the OS 18TM, Ofna Buggy Hyper 8 Pro, and a brand new never used Team Magic G4RS, I really want to get back into the hobby but what happened to Nitro RC? All the sites I used to order from have almost next to nothing in terms of nitro, did nitro die while I was gone the past 3 years? or is it affect R/C all together?

I am in CT btw, do they still have any tracks around here for nitro?

thanks guys, I am trying to debate on selling and upgrading everything or going electric, or just keeping what I have, what do you think?

I see ofna is on the hyper 10 already for buggy, the revo I have is a grandpa already in terms of r/c age so I can sell it for a few bucks, and my team magic is brand new I always wanted a mugen did they ever release the MTX-5? I see their site is on the MTX4R still
rcrevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 02:15 AM   #2
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrevolution View Post
Hello guys, I have been out of the hobby for quite a while and I still have an original Revo with the OS 18TM, Ofna Buggy Hyper 8 Pro, and a brand new never used Team Magic G4RS, I really want to get back into the hobby but what happened to Nitro RC? All the sites I used to order from have almost next to nothing in terms of nitro, did nitro die while I was gone the past 3 years? or is it affect R/C all together?

I am in CT btw, do they still have any tracks around here for nitro?

thanks guys, I am trying to debate on selling and upgrading everything or going electric, or just keeping what I have, what do you think?

I see ofna is on the hyper 10 already for buggy, the revo I have is a grandpa already in terms of r/c age so I can sell it for a few bucks, and my team magic is brand new I always wanted a mugen did they ever release the MTX-5? I see their site is on the MTX4R still
MTX5 hasn't been released as yet, Mugen has released CAD drawing of it. So it maybe out before the end of the year.
Old 02-27-2011, 03:31 AM   #3
Tech Adept

i think your tm g4rs is just fine.
Old 02-27-2011, 10:24 AM   #4
Dan
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Electric really kicked off as brushless started coming into the mix and lipos become more easily available about 3 years ago. Its what brought me back into RC's after a long time. Nitro won't completely die but its gone about as far as it can go technology wise.
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 10:39 AM   #5
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rcrevolution

aren't lipos still $100+ for a single entry level battery? and did they really improve on battery life?

I was looking at the tamiya

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXWXX9&P=7

just because I own a Subaru sti in real life how is the DF03 for an over all basher as a chassis?

or even sell my revo for the erevo brush-less or the stampede that think looks like it would fly but its not awd
rcrevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 11:42 AM   #6
Dan
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Most of my lipos come from Hobbyking. After shipping, my 4S packs range about $45-50 each.

Lipo prices are slowly coming down.
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote