R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 03-01-2011, 05:40 PM   #16
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to stefan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLock View Post
Did a side-by-side pic comparison and Dale is dead-on. They did do a slight trick up with where some of the front-end decals are put by indenting the area a little but the overall design/shape is definitely P37-N. However, I will stick with the tried and true Protoform bodies.
Now this is REALLY funny.

Mr.Epp is linking to the P56 body in his post, but YOU, who has done a side by side comparison, are dead sure that the Bitty Design is clearly a copy of the P37.

That leads me to the conclusion, that the similarities between the Bitty Design Striker and any PF body can't be that big.

But then again, Bitty ain't good ol' American boyz, tight?
stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 08:37 PM   #17
Tech Addict

stefan;

I haven't been on my computer for a few days because I was out of town. I check out what's happening on RCTech when I have the chance. Please check out the older R15-B thread for my responce to your questions on that thread.

Regarding your assertion that the Protoform R15-B is a rip-off of the Blitz R11 ?

Well, I first saw a photo of the Blitz R11 when it was posted on RedRC Nov 9th 2010. for the very first time. My R15-B mold/body had been finished for many weeks already - by the time I saw those photos of the R11 - but of course, these is only my words.
I sent the press release for the Protoform R15-B to RedRC Nov 15th. 2010. http://www.redrc.net/?s=protoform&searchbutton=GO

If what you are saying is true Stefan - I had a grand total of 6 days to copy a body that I had only seen a picture of (because Blitz is somwhere in Asia) - produce a pattern and a finished mold, send it 5000 kilometers to California (Proline), have a body pulled, have that body sent to Wes my painter in Seattle WA, have him do an intricate paint scheme, send the body 5000 kilometers back to me out here in eastern Canada - and finally - mount, trim and photograph the body on a chassis, to complete the press release for RedRC.

Even God wouldn't have given me the many miracles that would be needed - for all that to happen in 6 days.

Dale Epp - Protoform

Last edited by daleepp; 03-01-2011 at 09:14 PM. Reason: freudian slip
daleepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 08:44 PM   #18
Tech Addict

stefan;

Regarding JLock's confusing of P56 vs P37? I'm assuming: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freudian_slip
A normal part of being human.

Dale
Old 03-01-2011, 09:22 PM   #19
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rcrevolution

aww these pictures always make the body look soo good and when I buy them and I put my paint job on them they look crappy
rcrevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 07:33 AM   #20
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by daleepp View Post
stefan;

Regarding JLock's confusing of P56 vs P37? I'm assuming: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freudian_slip
A normal part of being human.

Dale
Thank you Dale. As an older racer, I do make the occasional slips at times. But unlike some folks on this forum, I support the tried and true products that you produce over some cheaper knock-off that many love to support.
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.
There are 2 things in life that are infinite: the universe and stupidity.
JLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 02:11 AM   #21
FRP
Tech Adept

Actually Blitz R11 has show up in USA Homestead track in the middle of September for testing. By the time, already many racers come and ask about the new Blitz 1/8 bodyshell.

In the Novarossi Challenging Paulo Morganti also use Blitz R11 to win the championship.

The Blitz R11 and PF R15-B who shows up the first idea I think everyone should know by now.

So Dale, you have about 2 months to make the molds and publish them. Not 5 or 6 days.

In Sept 20th already someone post and seen the new Blitz bodyshell.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-ro...tz-bodies.html

http://www.novarossi.it/eng/racing/r...gid=141&brand=
FRP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 04:33 AM   #22
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRP View Post
Actually Blitz R11 has show up in USA Homestead track in the middle of September for testing. By the time, already many racers come and ask about the new Blitz 1/8 bodyshell.

In the Novarossi Challenging Paulo Morganti also use Blitz R11 to win the championship.

The Blitz R11 and PF R15-B who shows up the first idea I think everyone should know by now.

So Dale, you have about 2 months to make the molds and publish them. Not 5 or 6 days.

In Sept 20th already someone post and seen the new Blitz bodyshell.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-ro...tz-bodies.html

http://www.novarossi.it/eng/racing/r...gid=141&brand=
Not you Dale
Geberit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 08:36 AM   #23
Tech Addict

FRP;
Nice try, however you're quite simply "barking up the wrong tree." I live in Canada, and I'm pretty much out of the loop with the 1/8th on-road scene. I've only attended two or three 1/8th on-road races in my entire life - the last one being the ROAR Nat'ls in Ohio in 2009.

That Sept 20th RCTech thread you attached was about gas sedan racing.

Like I said, the first photo I ever saw of the R11 was on RedRC on Nov 9th 2010. Think whatever you want to. You have that freedom.

What I find a bit confusing is that you and angry Stefan are throwing out these allegations about wrongdoing, when I'll bet that neither of you have probably even had the two racebodies if front of you - side by side. That, in itself would tell the real story.

I've still not actually seen a "real" Blitz R11 in person, but it appears in photos that the only real similarities are the "airflow management fins" on the nose and tail. The R11 appears to have 4 and the R15B has 5, and the profile on those things are not even the same. Beyond that, it doesn't appear that anything is the same. The R15 is a dual cockpit, the R11 is a single cockpit - etc etc.

When designers are working toward the same goal and working within the framework of the same rules - similarities are inevitable. Have you looked at the crop of formula 1 cars in recent years?

What prompted me to want to expose Xceed and BittyDesign is that they (and many others) sometimes fall to the temptation to do things the easy way - on the back of someone elses hard work and R & D. When a "new" body design starts it's existence on a worktable inside a PROTOform body - to then be left "as-is" or slightly modified is where I feel an ethical line has been crossed. I would bet my last dollar that this is what these two companies did - in this situation.

Even at my age, I'm still trying to listen to my concsience. Winning at "life" is much more rewarding than winning at a racetrack.

Dale Epp - Protoform
Old 03-03-2011, 08:40 AM   #24
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default Bitty

Quote:
FRP;
Nice try, however you're quite simply "barking up the wrong tree." I live in Canada, and I'm pretty much out of the loop with the 1/8th on-road scene. I've only attended two or three 1/8th on-road races in my entire life - the last one being the ROAR Nat'ls in Ohio in 2009.

Like I said, the first photo I ever saw of the R11 was on RedRC on Nov 9th 2010. Think whatever you want to. You have that freedom.

What I find a bit confusing is that you and angry Stefan are throwing out these allegations about wrongdoing, when I'll bet that neither of you have probably even had the two racebodies if front of you - side by side. That, in itself would tell the real story.

I've still not actually seen a "real" Blitz R11 in person, but it appears in photos that the only real similarities are the "airflow management fins" on the nose and tail. The R11 appears to have 4 and the R15B has 5, and the profile on those things are not even the same. Beyond that, it doesn't appear that anything is the same. The R15 is a dual cockpit, the R11 is a single cockpit - etc etc.

When designers are working toward the same goal and working within the framework of the same rules - similarities are inevitable. Have you looked at the crop of formula 1 cars in recent years?

What prompted me to want to expose Xceed and BittyDesign is that they (and many others) sometimes fall to the temptation to do things the easy way - on the back of someone elses hard work and R & D. When a "new" body design starts it's existence on a worktable inside a PROTOform body - to then be left "as-is" or slightly modified is where I feel an ethical line has been crossed. I would bet my last dollar that this is what these two companies did - in this situation.

Even at my age, I'm still trying to listen to my concsience. Winning at "life" is much more rewarding than winning at a racetrack.

Dale Epp - Protoform
Very well put Dale
Old 03-03-2011, 09:34 AM   #25
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
FRP;

Dale Epp - Protoform
+2

I had the pleasure of talking to Dale some time back on developing a new body for the 8th scale GT car (to go along side his PF8-GT). He educated me on the body development process as well as the licensing process. It opened my eyes to why it takes so much time to get bodies to market for us to buy. He never came across as someone who operates in an unethical manner. So, to say that Dale is doing something unethical is rather bold; especially if you have no proof to back up said claim(s).
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.
There are 2 things in life that are infinite: the universe and stupidity.
JLock is offline   Reply With Quote