R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 08-24-2004, 12:51 PM   #61
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to compaq888

I called elite and they said it's $84.99, it's still more than the HK servo by $15
compaq888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 01:00 PM   #62
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to eddiethefish

sigh...

You can pay $15 more to support your local hobby shop and get the item right away. On top of that, you'll also get the full warranty. Put it in the car and come out to have some fun.

Or, you can save yourself $15, waited 7-14 days or longer for the item to arrive without knowing for sure if it will reach you. If you want to make sure the item will reach you, then you pay more for the shipping fee. What if the servo you receive is defective? Send it back to HK for replacement? Sure, you can. But, YOU would have to pay for the postage and stuff then wait for another 7-14 days or longer for the item to arrive without knowing for sure if it will reach you.

Just wanted to share my $0.02.

Quote:
Originally posted by compaq888
I called elite and they said it's $84.99, it's still more than the HK servo by $15
eddiethefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 01:06 PM   #63
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by eddiethefish
sigh...

You can pay $15 more to support your local hobby shop and get the item right away. On top of that, you'll also get the full warranty. Put it in the car and come out to have some fun.

Or, you can save yourself $15, waited 7-14 days or longer for the item to arrive without knowing for sure if it will reach you. If you want to make sure the item will reach you, then you pay more for the shipping fee. What if the servo you receive is defective? Send it back to HK for replacement? Sure, you can. But, YOU would have to pay for the postage and stuff then wait for another 7-14 days or longer for the item to arrive without knowing for sure if it will reach you.

Just wanted to share my $0.02.
I just posted to tell you how much it was. I'm the one doing most of the sighing

I'd like to support the hobby shops too, hell I would like to even donate money to the red cross, but money doesn't come easy to me. My parents don't pay for my hobby, and I spent more than $1100 in the last 2 months on this hobby. It took me years to save up that money. I just want to get a good deal, since i have to clean and do yucky stuff to get the money.
Old 08-24-2004, 01:13 PM   #64
Tech Master

compaqboy,

I did not want my comment to offend you in anyway. I am sorry if it did. I just want to comment on what I think would be best.

You're sure right that money ain't come easy. heck with it, my wife doesn't pay a dime for my hobby, too!

Quote:
I just posted to tell you how much it was. I'm the one doing most of the sighing

I'd like to support the hobby shops too, hell I would like to even donate money to the red cross, but money doesn't come easy to me. My parents don't pay for my hobby, and I spent more than $1100 in the last 2 months on this hobby. It took me years to save up that money. I just want to get a good deal, since i have to clean and do yucky stuff to get the money.
Old 08-24-2004, 03:12 PM   #65
Tech Addict

I may as well buy it from elite, because I will take it home with me right away.

Also the futuba and KO servos are the same price as that 5925 servo but their torq is a lot lower, why is that?
Old 08-24-2004, 04:19 PM   #66
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Send a message via ICQ to Ah10 Send a message via AIM to Ah10 Send a message via Yahoo to Ah10

Quote:
I may as well buy it from elite, because I will take it home with me right away.

Also the futuba and KO servos are the same price as that 5925 servo but their torq is a lot lower, why is that?
Can u tell the difference between Mercedes and BMW?
Ah10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 04:53 PM   #67
Tech Master

I could tell the difference on my wife's Civic and yours S4!

Quote:
Originally posted by Ah10
Old 08-24-2004, 05:21 PM   #68
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Ah10
yes, BMW is better, because Mercedes cut down their quality of material a couple of years ago so they can save money and build more units.

what is your point?
Old 08-24-2004, 05:28 PM   #69
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by eddiethefish
I could tell the difference on my wife's Civic and yours S4!
yeah, civic is 17.2 seconds in the 1/4 mile while the S4 is 13.6, and he has his modified so it's probably high 12's/low 13's
Old 08-24-2004, 05:45 PM   #70
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Send a message via ICQ to Ah10 Send a message via AIM to Ah10 Send a message via Yahoo to Ah10

Quote:
yes, BMW is better, because Mercedes cut down their quality of material a couple of years ago so they can save money and build more units.

what is your point?
That is just your opinion!
Ah10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 06:47 PM   #71
Tech Addict

no it's not, they actually did a test what broke on new cars and mercedes was worst than BMW. I forgot the where I found the info but they do it on all new cars.
Old 08-24-2004, 06:51 PM   #72
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to Bxclip

Quote:
Originally posted by Bxclip
hows the futaba servo s9252 for steerin my 1/10th 710 serpent? and will those conencts connect straight in to a mx-3s reciver ordo i need to buy plugs
can u asnwer that questiona nd yes bmw has alway sbeen betetr mercedes were picked on the look they suck trust me i got a 535i and my handling is better then the cl500 and clk55
Bxclip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 06:57 PM   #73
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Bxclip
can u asnwer that questiona nd yes bmw has alway sbeen betetr mercedes were picked on the look they suck trust me i got a 535i and my handling is better then the cl500 and clk55
Futaba s9252 servo

that should give you some info on that servo.

Everybody knows mercedes started skimping on quality in order to make more units but for the same price.
Old 08-24-2004, 06:59 PM   #74
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to Bxclip

mercedes could never compete with bm in quality and performance it onyl had looks now bmw caught up and left them behind. u see evryoen drivin the 89 bmwer 5 serie sbut neevr drivin a old mercedes by choice
Bxclip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 08:51 PM   #75
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to mckrooz

Just get the dang servo already! The 5925 has good specs and I doubt you will notice a difference right away. You'd have to be driving HARD(50+mph) while steering to see where a good servo will shine. Any servo will feel the same when you're just learning to drive at medium speeds. I drove with a standard Futaba 3003 on my steering for over a year! That's a $10 servo. And I was still kicking Fish's ass all over the track! (well, not really )

*disclaimer*
Please do not take any of the above comments offensively. It's all in good fun. See ya Sat. And you too Fish. Don't leave early this time.