R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road-3/)
-   -   BSR 1/8 Foam Tires Experience? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road/483006-bsr-1-8-foam-tires-experience.html)

mhavlena 02-16-2011 06:30 PM

BSR 1/8 Foam Tires Experience?

Has anyone tried BSR 1/8 foam tires?
Just looking for everyone's experience with them?
Do they wear well? Chunk/unglue easily?

I had a bad experience with Matrix foam tires where they unglued from the center...weird...

thx

joejoe 02-16-2011 07:26 PM

great tire give them a try!

Winner's Circle 02-17-2011 02:50 AM

Originally Posted by mhavlena (Post 8665060)

I had a bad experience with Matrix foam tires where they unglued from the center...weird...

thx

They are great. They do a really good job of gluing the rubber to the rim which helps prevent chunking.

Lee

Erock 02-18-2011 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by mhavlena (Post 8665060)

thx

Very good tire, some of the best I have run.

mhavlena 02-18-2011 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by Erock (Post 8673267)

I appreciate the responses.

I asked the question mostly due to the fact that it seems that these tires are difficult to obtain (not many shops carry them, in fact I only found one).

I was wondering whether they lacked popularity, or whether they had a bad wrap.

Good to hear that they seem to be quality tires and at the same time, less expensive.

Regards,

Winner's Circle 02-18-2011 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by mhavlena (Post 8673387)
I appreciate the responses.

I asked the question mostly due to the fact that it seems that these tires are difficult to obtain (not many shops carry them, in fact I only found one).

I was wondering whether they lacked popularity, or whether they had a bad wrap.

Good to hear that they seem to be quality tires and at the same time, less expensive.

Regards,

I have them in stock. 1/10 and 1/8.

Lee

Winner's Circle 02-18-2011 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by Winner's Circle (Post 8673404)
I have them in stock. 1/10 and 1/8.

Lee

I also have 17mm GT car BSR foams in stock.

Lee

dfilo456 02-18-2011 05:11 PM

Just so everybody knows Bsr makes regular weight and light weight tires for 1/8 and 1/10 tires also mike and I and others have been helping john to get a product that works really well. Mike and I have tested all the brands of tires on the market and find that johns tires are as or if not better than other brands on the market.

Im also a dealer for johns tires shoot me a pm and I will get you some prices

Grenade10 02-19-2011 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by Erock (Post 8673267)

I agree as well. I've run them on my electric oval cars for years and thank's to Monti, gave the 1/8 scales a try at nationals 2 years ago and I have been running them ever since. Glued well, no chunking, good grip and consistant from batch to batch and wear. Plus some of the nicest people to work with.

Need to try the light weight 1/10 tourning, as that is about the only thing that i have not tried or run.

Woodlands Racer 02-19-2011 01:37 PM

The BSR Tires for 1/8th Nitro are as good as any brand and better than most. They do not chunk and there regular weight wheel is very durable.
Give them a try.
Roger