Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Problems!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 09:35 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Problems!!!!

I have just bought a nitro car(secondhand) and i dont have a clue how to use it, the car is a CEN. Firstly the remote control or receiver i have is the one shaped like a L with the wheel in the middle, is the wheel supposed to control the throttle or the steering? on mine it controls the throttle and the trigger does the steering? i thought it would be the other way round and i have messed about with the settings on the receiver and its still the same.Secondly it came with a glow stsrt heater and on the top of the glow start it has numbers 0,2,4,6 etc i have had it on charge for 2 hours and it still reads zero? how can i tell if the glow start heater works? Oviousley i cannot get the car to start as well which i will save for another thread lol, thanks in advance!!!!
Old 02-16-2011, 09:44 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

The problem with the radio is the servo wires are reversed in the receiver so you just need to unplug them and swap there positions. For the glow ignitor it seems like you have one that reads if the glow plug is good when put onto the plug. So you can test the ignitor with a good plug and see if the element in the plug turns orange. If that is good then take the plug out of the engine and test it to make sure it is good.