R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 08-18-2004, 06:22 PM   #1
Tech Initiate

Send a message via Yahoo to Losifreak
New! Good on-road racing car

I want to get into On-road nitro and i want to race with it. Which one is worth the buy and have alot of spare parts.
Losifreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 09:17 PM   #2
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher

First thing, is check which cars you have parts support for locally. There are a lot of good touring cars. I personally own a NTC3 and an MTX3 and like the Mugen better. These are the only two that have local parts support, so I didn't really consider any others. The serpent, G4 and the Kyosho are good as well.
Old 08-19-2004, 12:47 AM   #3
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to MugenMTX3Kid

I am out of the hobby but i used to own a Mugen MTX 3 and i loved it, mugen has strong plastics too.
MugenMTX3Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 02:00 AM   #4
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

mugen is definatly the WAY stronger car. have beat the hell out of it and havent broke anything in 8 races. pretty much bulletproof. handles way better on less than perfect surfaces(parking lots). dont get me wrong, the ntc3 is a fast car, but too fragile for club racing. it is also not as good on temp tracks. barry can make it go fast, but can you? dont think i am just plugging mugen, i raced an ntc3 for over a year. you wont find a product for the mtx3 called "the fix".
GrandeGixxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 05:03 AM   #5
Tech Adept
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

MTX 3 Prospec all the way. This car tops the class. However I am hearing good things about the Kyosho RRR. Still to new to recommend but try the Mugen you wont go wrong.

Thanks
www.twistertires.com
racinghobbies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 11:50 AM   #6
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to suntok2 Send a message via AIM to suntok2 Send a message via Yahoo to suntok2

I have MTX3 and serpent 710 and they are really good car but when I try GP4 hobao this car really run better than serpent n mtx3.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dsc06305.jpg (59.9 KB, 212 views)
suntok2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 09:52 PM   #7
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by suntok2
I have MTX3 and serpent 710 and they are really good car but when I try GP4 hobao this car really run better than serpent n mtx3.
Suntok, I don't think you heard the story about when Miss Mugen and Mr. Magic when out drinking one night ... there was a bad car accident. But 9 months later ... a new hobao was born. It must have been some kind of Immaculate Conception ... or something. Luckily she didn't get bit by the snake at the bar.

But whatever, I bet the little [email protected] is fast ... he's definitely got her @ss.
kidDynomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 03:29 AM   #8
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to suntok2 Send a message via AIM to suntok2 Send a message via Yahoo to suntok2

Quote:
Originally posted by kidDynomite
Suntok, I don't think you heard the story about when Miss Mugen and Mr. Magic when out drinking one night ... there was a bad car accident. But 9 months later ... a new hobao was born. It must have been some kind of Immaculate Conception ... or something. Luckily she didn't get bit by the snake at the bar.

But whatever, I bet the little [email protected] is fast ... he's definitely got her @ss.
HeHeHe I like that Hope Mr. serpent and Miss Kyosho will follow
Old 08-25-2004, 12:54 AM   #9
Tech Fanatic

suntok where can i buy a GP4 from?
Old 08-25-2004, 07:15 AM   #10
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Team-RTR
suntok where can i buy a GP4 from?
This GP4 of mine is just sample kit for all distributors. The kit will be available end of sept.
Old 08-25-2004, 07:24 AM   #11
Tech Fanatic

Suntok, I'm from the PI. I'll be going there next year. Could you send me a pic of your on-road track. I'd love to visit and race there.
kidDynomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 07:39 AM   #12
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by kidDynomite
Suntok, I'm from the PI. I'll be going there next year. Could you send me a pic of your on-road track. I'd love to visit and race there.
OK sure please bring your nitro touring car here and I'm sure you going to love our racetrack here.