R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 04-26-2002, 05:40 PM   #1
Tech Apprentice

Default tamiya nitro

anyone here drive tamiya nitros? tg10r, tg10pro, tgx,tgr etc...

I drive a tg10 and I need some setup info on it. It likes to spin. Stock setup right now
drool monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2002, 10:38 PM   #2
Tech Regular

i have a tg10 that i play around with. theres not much you can adjust on a tg10 so i would just make sure everything is even on both sides of the car and then play around with tires, springs and oil. cos i dont race this car i run real hard tires so they last as long as possible. so i run a pretty soft setup with lots of ride height so i can drive it in my street without worrying about scratching up the chassis. do you plan on racing your car or just driving it around? if you want to race good luck the car isnt very competitive and to get it even near the top cars it would bring the cost up to almost the same as a new serpent, kyosho or mugen and it still wouldnt be as good.
ausracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2002, 11:50 PM   #3
Tech Elite

use the tg10 to learn how to drive, then upgrade.

if it spins it is either the following;

front tires too grippy, rears not enough grippy. try flipping them around. front's at the rear, rears at the front

-front is too high, back too low, weight is all towards the back, or it is really low at the front toooooo high at the rear, causing all weight to go to the front. make it flat, or a little inclined to the front or rear.

-fron't springs are way too soft, it is bitting too much.

-maybe it is your front toe in/out. make it zero.

maybe it's becouse it's a tg10
VenomWorldOrder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2002, 12:20 AM   #4
Tech Apprentice

there is nothing wrong with a tg10. Actually, they will beat a serpent if hopped up right. Anyway, I know about weight transfer and droop, ride height etc... but i was wondering if there is a way to make it drive decent without putting any more money into it. Im not racing yet. For racing, I am going to buy a tg10r and a tgr. but i want to br fluent in dealing with what I have just in case I cant come up with funds. thanks

oh, And the tg10 will beat a serpent! ive seen it.
Old 04-27-2002, 12:33 AM   #5
Tech Elite

rear toe has ALOT to do with how your car handles whilst taking the corner. if you can't adjust rear toe, you've got one very handy tuning tool lost. 1 degree of toe makes a big difference.

so? i've seen a NEO top qualify over mugens, serpents, v1r's tc3's etc etc etc... it's all about the driver, and their knowledge.
VenomWorldOrder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2002, 12:44 AM   #6
Tech Apprentice

sorry for not specifying. thats what i wanted to say!
Old 05-02-2002, 09:40 PM   #7
Tech Rookie

You shouldn't compare the Serpent to Tg10 Mk.1 cause they are to way different cars.One is based on Entry level,so it doesnt have that many adjustments for the serious racer.The Serpent is far more advanced in setup and will not hook up properly and unless you set it up properly.Also it doesnt matter if you saw somebody beat a serpent with a Tg10,you have to compare the cars in the same hands of the same driver.There could be a guy that doesnt have the driving skill and owns a more advanced car,and just cant get it working right,so guys with easier cars to setup will end up beating him.All im trying to say is if the serpent and the Tg10 Mk.1 are in the hands of an experienced driver,they will for sure achieve higher positions with the serpent.
Try using a ball diff in back and also try not to run a rossi cause that car is very instable with a fast engine like that.Use the stock engine or something along the lines of it and just throw a big bore carb on it with a decent tuned pipe and your set.

Its not always the fastest car that wins,but the most consistent One.
CRAZY SPEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2002, 05:37 AM   #8
Tech Initiate

yer if u r a good drive with not much money and u have a tg10 with cx12 and ure racing agaist a crppy driver with an impulse or somthing u can guess whos gonna win!!!

with r/c my opinion is 90% driver 10% car(to a certainextent)
tamiya451 is offline   Reply With Quote