Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ntc4???????????????????

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2004, 09:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Ntc4???????????????????

does anyone no if team associated is coming out with the NTC4 , if anyone has any info or pics plz send them...thank you
Old 08-15-2004, 10:28 PM
Tech Adept

My guess, probably next year only......coz the Factory Team NTC was released a short while back in 2004.......and after a FT, what more can you do with that version of the car other than releasing the next version....even if its just for sales

my 3 cents worth......
Old 08-15-2004, 11:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I would think the electric TC4 would be released before a Nitro version. I hope it isnt too soon I have too much $$ tied up in the current car.
Old 08-16-2004, 08:24 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I don't think that will be anytime soon (I mean the NTC4)....because there are no NTC1 or NTC2, suddently there is a NTC3?...

I was just kidding....but by looking at the time track of the elect TC3 and the Factory team TC3.........how long ago when AE released the Factory team TC3...? 2-3 years ago...? and still, FT TC3 is the latest elect TC for AE...

And like 6 months ago, AE released the FT NTC3....if their time table is still the same, you won't see the new NTC3 for another 2-3 years......

For me, that is a good news...........it is not a perfect car, but does WIN races for me, that is a good car....
Old 08-17-2004, 03:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

THE MAIN DIFFERENCE IS THAT THE ASSO CARS STAY TOO LONG ON THE MARKET, THEY AREN'T THE FASTEST BUT ALWAYS ARE FAST AND ALWAYS MAKE THE FINALS, TOP 3 AND ALSO WIN........

I DON'T RUN ASSOCIATED CARS, BUT I MUST AGREE THAT THESE CARS ARE PRODUCED TO WIN.....WIN AND END UP WINNING!!!

SOMETHING LIKE "THE HIGHLANDER"
Old 07-18-2006, 10:17 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well, there have been a few posts, and now that the TC5 is a prototype being tested in large scale races... Any theories on when the next nitro TC from Associated will debut?
Old 07-18-2006, 10:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

When and if they do, hopefully they will get some belts in the car this time.
Old 07-18-2006, 11:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default re

Comes a point in time where you gotta ask yourself how many new NTC3 cars are you selling. When I go to the track I don't see any of these cars!!! When was the last time you saw someone show up at your track with a new NTC3? Been awhile I bet. Most of the time I see used ones for sale....many are great bargains.....but I think serious racers will usually have RRR's and MTX4's.....not slamminig the AE car but just telling it like I see it. Belt drive with a Centax is what most choose.
Old 07-18-2006, 11:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SRAD
Comes a point in time where you gotta ask yourself how many new NTC3 cars are you selling. When I go to the track I don't see any of these cars!!! When was the last time you saw someone show up at your track with a new NTC3? Been awhile I bet. Most of the time I see used ones for sale....many are great bargains.....but I think serious racers will usually have RRR's and MTX4's.....not slamminig the AE car but just telling it like I see it. Belt drive with a Centax is what most choose.
I agree that you don't see too many new NTC3's at the track. Most are loyal AE fans or people that have picked up a NTC3 for a good price used.

I do not agree that the NTC3 is no longer competitive. I took mine out a couple of weeks ago, and was just as fast as the G4's, MTX4's, and RRR's that were at the track. I did not get the TQ, but was only seconds off, using 5 year old technology.

I am sure that AE will release a new nitro car in time, but don't think it will happen anytime soon. It took 10 years to revise the GT, and that was only subtle changes. But when they do, I think it would be safe to say it would be a belt car, given the route they are taking with the "TC5".
Old 07-18-2006, 02:08 PM
Tech Initiate

Default ntc4???

Take a look at the latest issue of xtreme rc they have some vague pics of the new AE car and yes it's BELT DRIVEN(the Reedy race of champions). I think the electric version will come out first and then will be retro-fittted into the nitro version. I also love my ntc3 I just recently switched to the Mugen but I have to say the ntc3 is still a force to be dealt with in the right hands.
Old 07-20-2006, 07:43 AM
Tech Champion

We actually have several NTC3s around our track, and there were at least two new ones at the last race( I know because I spent half my night helping those noobs out!). I still have one, my pit partner has one, and the record lap for a touring car at our track, is held by a NTC3(even faster than the best electric time, but we only recently went from 19T to mod). There aren't many exotics around here though, I don't think anybody has a Mugen, RRR, or a Serpant(we like being able to walk in the LHS and get parts, and none of those really expensive cars are supported here). Everything is R40s, and NTC3s, with a few 4-tecs and such sprinkled in. I'd like to see an updated version, but it's true, there's nothing wrong with the current version. The drivetrain on my pit partner's car is so free, that when he kills the motor using the "pinch the fuel line technique" it revs for a second, and then the drive train rolls free for several seconds, a testament to AE's engineering.
Old 07-20-2006, 11:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Living in north-west FL, where do you race and when?
Old 07-20-2006, 12:55 PM
Tech Champion

We race twice a month, on the Hobby Central Track outside University Mall, in Pensacola.

The site is here:

http://www.hobbycentralrc.com/

Ad you can find out more about the races here:

http://www.hobbycentralrc.com/SNITZ/default.asp
Old 07-20-2006, 03:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Whats the size of this track? Is it 1/8th scale friendly?
Old 07-20-2006, 03:24 PM
Tech Elite

PRETTY COOL TRACK, have a look at fastcats.ca

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.