Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Vintage On-Road  Collectors Corner >

Vintage On-Road Collectors Corner

Like Tree26Likes

Vintage On-Road Collectors Corner

Reply

Old 02-23-2011, 01:02 AM
  #31  
Tech Adept
 
Jay7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: NYC
Posts: 215
Lightbulb

I have a Yokomo GT4 Pro with Wolf chassis in great condition. Is that considered classic? I'd sell her for the right price. I'll upload some pics if you guys say shes a classic lol...
Jay7 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 12:38 PM
  #32  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (18)
 
magnus213's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 243
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Jay7 View Post
I have a Yokomo GT4 Pro with Wolf chassis in great condition. Is that considered classic? I'd sell her for the right price. I'll upload some pics if you guys say shes a classic lol...
The more the merrier, post 'em up!
magnus213 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 12:48 PM
  #33  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (70)
 
Wanabrc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Bay area, California
Posts: 4,828
Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)
Default

Impact M2 with ball differential
Attached Thumbnails Vintage On-Road  Collectors Corner-8th_scale-003.jpg   Vintage On-Road  Collectors Corner-8th_scale-004.jpg   Vintage On-Road  Collectors Corner-8th_scale-005.jpg  
Wanabrc is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 05:23 PM
  #34  
Tech Regular
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
NytroNutz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 404
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Wanabrc... what are you gonna do with that beast. I bet it would look awsome with some new tires and a good bath.

RC cars have feelings too... a little love goes a long way

Originally Posted by Wanabrc View Post
Impact M2 with ball differential
NytroNutz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 05:45 PM
  #35  
Tech Initiate
 
92gsr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 23
Default

This is my old Kyosho TF2 typeR.






More pics here:
https://sites.google.com/site/kyoshotf2typer/

My Cen SP1




More pics here:
http://rcstreetsource.blogspot.com/2...per-gts-r.html
92gsr is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 07:40 PM
  #36  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (18)
 
magnus213's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 243
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

I held off on posting my older HPI electrics since this is the nitro forum. If anyone wants to see those, let me know...
magnus213 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 09:42 PM
  #37  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (70)
 
Wanabrc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Bay area, California
Posts: 4,828
Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by NytroNutz View Post
Wanabrc... what are you gonna do with that beast. I bet it would look awsome with some new tires and a good bath.

RC cars have feelings too... a little love goes a long way
That was the plan but now the beast needs a new home.Check my for sale threads
Wanabrc is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 09:44 PM
  #38  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (70)
 
Wanabrc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Bay area, California
Posts: 4,828
Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)
Default

The skyline looks nice. Are those anime painted on the viper body?
Wanabrc is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 07:59 AM
  #39  
Tech Initiate
 
92gsr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 23
Default

The anime on the Viper are decals.
92gsr is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 10:54 AM
  #40  
Tech Regular
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
NytroNutz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 404
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Wow.. Im lovin those gold suspension arms, where did you get them? Also nice touch on the bodies... even the pink one.

BTW that looks like a Chicago skyline over Lake Michigan... yes? Oh and nice touch on the Volk Wheels... just ordered some for my drift project. Did you get them locally?

Originally Posted by 92gsr View Post
This is my old Kyosho TF2 typeR.




More pics here:
http://rcstreetsource.blogspot.com/2...per-gts-r.html
NytroNutz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 10:58 AM
  #41  
Tech Regular
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
NytroNutz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 404
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by magnus213 View Post
I held off on posting my older HPI electrics since this is the nitro forum. If anyone wants to see those, let me know...
Hey... we are not anal retentive here, vintage is vintage! Post whatever you have... gas, electric, hamster dirven, wind-up ( well maybe not wind-up).

Bring it on... we wanna see it!
NytroNutz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 03:16 PM
  #42  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (18)
 
magnus213's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 243
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by NytroNutz View Post
Hey... we are not anal retentive here, vintage is vintage! Post whatever you have... gas, electric, hamster dirven, wind-up ( well maybe not wind-up).

Bring it on... we wanna see it!
You got it! I've got a couple of HPI Super F1s that I bought from a member here.



This one's set up for 200mm bodies. Very quick





This one's all-new parts





Compared to the Formula 10





Had a Pro 2 for about a week, just sold it



And while it's not vintage, it's pretty rare: HPI Pro-D. Only ever sold in Japan





And I have an RS4 Rally in the mail!
magnus213 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 04:46 PM
  #43  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (4)
 
Pit-racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Cali/Texas
Posts: 2,352
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Man I have to post my slightly modified orig. RS4
Pit-racer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 08:21 PM
  #44  
Tech Regular
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
NytroNutz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 404
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

[QUOTE=magnus213;8704960]You got it! I've got a couple of HPI Super F1s that I bought from a member here.



I didnt know HPI made F1 cars... so kewl. I have an RS4 too... absolutely love that car. Smooth, easy to handle and Freakin Bulletproof.

I was messin around with it in a parking lot and I didnt see the 2000 pound car behind me with the little old lady behind the wheel... She RAN OVER my RS4!!! My heart stopped untill I pulled the trigger out of reflex and it kept going. All I needed was a new body

The spur gear was imprinted on the body from the pressure... beleive it or not!
NytroNutz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 10:35 PM
  #45  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (18)
 
magnus213's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 243
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by NytroNutz View Post
I didnt know HPI made F1 cars... so kewl. I have an RS4 too... absolutely love that car. Smooth, easy to handle and Freakin Bulletproof.

I was messin around with it in a parking lot and I didnt see the 2000 pound car behind me with the little old lady behind the wheel... She RAN OVER my RS4!!! My heart stopped untill I pulled the trigger out of reflex and it kept going. All I needed was a new body

The spur gear was imprinted on the body from the pressure... beleive it or not!
That's ridiculous! Yeah, the Super F1 is actually the first HPI car ever made. Most people don't know that they ever existed, I know that it took me a while to learn about them as well!
magnus213 is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service