R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 02-01-2011, 11:35 PM   #16
Tech Regular

Default BRakeS

ok people did a lil bit more on it today .. mocked up the brake set up .. need to do a lil more to it ... so basicly

i used a CEN buggy twin rotor brake set up i had already from another build i did . i mod'd it with nut spacers because it has no top deck to sit through like in the buggy . also off my other build used a himoto brake hub and 2x rotors because well there cheap .. i drilled out the hub 8mm to slip over the axle. the plan is to run 2 servo's so iv got one sitting there , where im gunna run it, next to the tank and gunna mount it up higher than the throttle one to suit the brake set up .. think its all gunna work very well. once it works gunna buy a mbx6 set up and make that work .. looks so much better than this .. to me its ugly but just to get me rolling il roll with it ..

sorry for the pics , there off my phone ..
PROJECT: Nitro kart ..... turnigy ...  :D-photo0066.jpg
PROJECT: Nitro kart ..... turnigy ...  :D-photo0067.jpg
PROJECT: Nitro kart ..... turnigy ...  :D-photo0068.jpg
PROJECT: Nitro kart ..... turnigy ...  :D-photo0072.jpg
PROJECT: Nitro kart ..... turnigy ...  :D-photo0074.jpg

c/F SC10 -- C/f MS MBX"carbon-R" -- c/f nitro-kart
sly6t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 11:41 PM   #17
Tech Regular

pull alot of the parts like brakes and lil stuff off this thing . built it a few yrs ago when i was 19 .. my first ever project lol was fun but was way to much power for the cheap china car lol just kind fun junk project.

himoto st 1/10
bb axial .28 massive mods modded custom slotted in there
custom 4-link drag rear end using a wheelyking live rear end and
axial crawler uni-driveshaft ..full spool locker diff.
cen twin rotor brake set up .

PROJECT: Nitro kart ..... turnigy ...  :D-15032010149.jpg
PROJECT: Nitro kart ..... turnigy ...  :D-15032010143.jpg

PROJECT: Nitro kart ..... turnigy ...  :D-15032010152.jpg

Old 02-02-2011, 05:01 AM   #18
Tech Regular

Last edited by sly6t; 02-02-2011 at 12:00 PM.
Old 02-03-2011, 08:53 PM   #19
Tech Regular

ok did a lil on this after work today ... its pretty much all done now brakes are done and its all mounted and they WORK ! hahha in the pics just for now using one rotor cos i waiting for 2 new fiber glass rotors to come then il run 2 rotors. ummm the wiring is messy , but for its first outing it will be ok . i wanna try and hide as much wiring as i can . as u can see im running 2 servos one for each side. i had to, with the room i had . they go through a servo Y to the rec ... i also i wanna replace all the cheap as hell screws in the chassis floor with m3 button head with lock tite. i wanna try and take it to a car park tomoz and video it. was raining today hopfully tomoz is better ..

also that air cleaner is just for now ... i wanna run a ON-road air box like a real kart .. should all look good .
PROJECT: Nitro kart ..... turnigy ...  :D-photo0081.jpg
PROJECT: Nitro kart ..... turnigy ...  :D-photo0086.jpg
PROJECT: Nitro kart ..... turnigy ...  :D-photo0083.jpg
PROJECT: Nitro kart ..... turnigy ...  :D-photo0087.jpg
PROJECT: Nitro kart ..... turnigy ...  :D-photo0088.jpg

Old 02-07-2011, 01:34 AM   #20
Tech Regular

ok ok i no im not getting much intrest in this thread but oh well il keep posting ..

got sum vids of its first lil outing after work today .. had a mate filming on my phone so sorry for the bad quallity oh well ...

every thing went awwwwwsome .. it needs a tune bad but i could not be bothered, i just wanted to see if it worked and drove and did not die lol .. soo yeah i hope u enjoy the vids let me know what ya think ... man when this thing hit power band it get all loose lol its mad .. i think saying NOVA powering it later is a bit much lol hahahahah

oh and the 2nd vid right at the end it locks up and sounds like a real engine seize in a real race go-kart ( if any one has seen a kart blown an engine ) but it was ok just flamed out cos of the tune ...

more vids to come
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qNb2fp0-jw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adzXH9pZyg4

Old 02-07-2011, 01:41 AM   #21
Tech Regular

oh and in the first vid ,, the belt fell off that all that happened that why it free reved

Old 02-07-2011, 02:00 AM   #22
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sly6t View Post
oh and in the first vid ,, the belt fell off that all that happened that why it free reved
god old aussie creativity right here You might want to change those tyres though. plastic rims will just wear out really quick. maybe superglue a thin layer of foam froma used tourer tyre to it.
TomB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 02:16 AM   #23
Tech Regular

cheeeers brah

already got the tire problem worked out man , it runs 14mm hex and will fit these
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...P?I=LXFAT9&P=8

but im thinking letting it wheel spin and drift will save the drive train and poor lil belt drive .. soo il just see how long befor i bang on the foamies and get the thing hammering

Old 02-08-2011, 12:10 AM   #24
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sly6t View Post
ok ok i no im not getting much intrest in this thread but oh well il keep posting ..

got sum vids of its first lil outing after work today .. had a mate filming on my phone so sorry for the bad quallity oh well ...

every thing went awwwwwsome .. it needs a tune bad but i could not be bothered, i just wanted to see if it worked and drove and did not die lol .. soo yeah i hope u enjoy the vids let me know what ya think ... man when this thing hit power band it get all loose lol its mad .. i think saying NOVA powering it later is a bit much lol hahahahah

oh and the 2nd vid right at the end it locks up and sounds like a real engine seize in a real race go-kart ( if any one has seen a kart blown an engine ) but it was ok just flamed out cos of the tune ...

more vids to come
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qNb2fp0-jw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adzXH9pZyg4
I think you have intrest.I've been watching your build awsme work bro.!!! I don't always comment on everything I read,and probably more do the same .....so keep us up bro....
streetfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 12:41 AM   #25
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

this thing looks sweet. im also an ex kart racer. i want one now.... D:
Tamiya TRF101
ckfactory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 01:15 AM   #26
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetfreek View Post
I think you have intrest.I've been watching your build awsme work bro.!!! I don't always comment on everything I read,and probably more do the same .....so keep us up bro....
cheers bro .. yeah i do think alot of people are watching the build but when they dont post lol ya kinda think well maybe no one cares and rctech is just about guys who race .. any whoo thanks tho

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckfactory View Post
this thing looks sweet. im also an ex kart racer. i want one now.... D:
nice always good to chat to ex karters .. what did ya use to run dude ? u prob would have noticed the CRG stickers on it lol ( a italian kart chassis) .. id love to make my own stickers and sticker it up like a current CRG and then to add to the scale of the thing, put a SIRIO .12 on it . the NAME SIRIO (if people are wondering ) is very big in go-kart racing, they make kart race engines but its a differnt company to the RC engine one but same name ... but the problem is i dont think they make a pullstart or roto which is what i need oh well.. have to put a RB or nova roto on it in the long run ..

anyways todays update is iv now got twin fiberglass rotors on it and the brakes work f'ing awwwwwsome now it just locks up on Q ... when i get sum more time il make a way better vid and tune it in a much bigger area. should be fun .

Old 02-13-2011, 03:24 AM   #27
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

any progress bro..?..no paint or anything...??did those indy foams work at all...?
streetfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 11:25 PM   #28
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I've been watching too with interest but havent posted, keep up the good work man.
One of the more interesting threads this year in my book.

Rock on!
NitoriousRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 07:29 PM   #29
Tech Regular

sorry guys been away drinking piss allweekend :P ..... um nah have done nothing on it since the vids than put twin rotors on it .. im kinda stuck for what to do next.. i wanna put a sticker kit on it looking scale .. the karts sitting in my dads kart racing spare parts showroom and its creating a few bit of buzz around lol . every one wants to look at it .. most karters have abit of money so im waiting for a offer for it :P $$$$ but yeah just dunno what to do next the build kinda all finished way to quick and easy for my liking .. .

Old 02-14-2011, 07:39 PM   #30
Tech Regular

i use to race for CRG and there my fav kart ... soo i wanna sticker it up like one .. like the new crg sticker kits .. got sum pics ... i just need a sticker machine or vinyl cutter

PROJECT: Nitro kart ..... turnigy ...  :D-crgthonon-w.jpg

PROJECT: Nitro kart ..... turnigy ...  :D-crg-kf3-max-e-jos-verstappen.jpg

or a KOSMIC there winning everything in AUS right now .. plus my karts already white .

PROJECT: Nitro kart ..... turnigy ...  :D-cik_sok_rnd2_8097_www_photowagon_com_au_med-344x228.jpg

PROJECT: Nitro kart ..... turnigy ...  :D-ciksok10r4_3766_www_photowagon_com_au-344x228.jpg

PROJECT: Nitro kart ..... turnigy ...  :D-greubel_1746_photowagon_com_au-344x228.jpg