Wiki Posts
Search

New 1/8 on-road "XR8"

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2007, 01:20 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default the pieces in the other kit

here is a pic of the pieces in the other kit i have.....
i know how to install them into the XR-80 allready built, but i wanted the manual of the XR-80 so i can build the other kit.....
tell me guys, if u see any pieces in the picture below (except an racing engine....that i dont have) that might help me turn my XR-80 into an XR8
Attached Thumbnails New 1/8 on-road "XR8"-picture.jpg  
Old 02-23-2007, 03:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default XR8

From what it looks like in the picture, you have most of the parts for the XR-8 not the XR-80
Carbon fiber radio tray,shock towers, upgraded chassis.
It is hard to see all the parts through the plastic, but most of what I see is for the XR-8
I dont believe that you would have these parts for the XR8, and actually have the XR-80.
Old 02-24-2007, 01:45 PM
Tech Initiate

I told you, i had no idea about the things an onroad 1/8 can do, except the movies that i saw arround, and it does not compare with the real thing......i drive/drove only on road nonracing 1/10 and savage wich i still like very much, but with this XR8 (wich i dindnt know anything about, until i found you guys).....the "kid" inside me is really satisfied......considering i havent even started the engine yet....i hope at the first roar of my engine i'll get goosebumps.....actually i'm sure i will

I still need some guidance from you guys....if you have the pacience to help me......thank you
Old 02-25-2007, 12:01 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Since this is your first 1/8 onroad you may want to start with the car that is built allready. You appear to have the drill start motor so you will not need a starter/bump box. This xr/80 setup will handle very similar to the upgraded setup but as you learn with it you would be able to wear out the RTR parts and upgrade them later if you felt you want to continue and learn more of the setup tweaks. You have a standard buggy clutch on the car which will be one less headache to learn as a beginner.

I don't mean that it not worth the upgrade, just try your current build for a while.
Old 02-25-2007, 12:49 PM
Tech Initiate

Thank you, i will drive it like this for a while, but i have the parts to make it an XR8....except an engine powerfull ....i'm not saying that this one is no good, but i saw that are some more expensive and powerfull one you guys have.....until then i'll stick with what i have....doesnt anyone have the building manual pleaseee!!!
Old 02-26-2007, 07:37 AM
Tech Addict

Diesel Power

If you go to Mugen website and find a pdf manual for the MRX4-r you will have a nearly identical assembly procedure. The shocks are like the Mugen shocks short front, long rear. The Mugen manual has a better description of the centax clutch setup when you get to that point. The PRP manual is not as clear and specific as the Mugen manual. I have not seen a xr/8 manual download on the net but I will try and convert mine to pdf and archive it here. May take a while.
Old 02-26-2007, 08:35 AM
Tech Addict

XR8 manual has been created and is 3-4 meg. Was easier to create than I thought it would be. My manual has some stains and useless notes in it but all the images are clear. I will upload later if rctech allows files this large. Be patient.

Last edited by DogboneS; 02-26-2007 at 07:21 PM.
Old 02-26-2007, 08:53 PM
Tech Addict

PM me with your email and I will send it direct to you
If anyone has a recommend file hosting site send me a PM. This was a rush job.

Last edited by DogboneS; 04-15-2008 at 06:23 PM. Reason: File was removed, now new address
Old 02-26-2007, 10:53 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Thank you

I'm at work now, but no matter, i'll start studying it right now
Old 02-26-2007, 11:05 PM
Tech Elite

cool.
Old 02-26-2007, 11:08 PM
Tech Initiate

Now i have a problem, the document is saved on my pc, but the acrobat wont open it because "there was a problem in opening this document, it was damaged and could not be repaired".......now what???

I tried to open the file, and iti didnt work also....open and save and it still does not work
Old 02-27-2007, 05:34 AM
Tech Initiate

done......i'm learning
Old 02-27-2007, 08:31 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I just rebuilt the rear suspension on my xr8 and even with new parts(bulkhead,lower control arms, etc.) I still have too much movement front to back ( the kind that changes rear toe) than my friends 960. I know PRP has softer plastic than other cars. I know the xr8 uses parts from Serpent, Mugen and Kyosho with some changes to these parts. Has anyone had success finding out whose parts work where on the car. I know Mugen spur gears fit and the Serpent 960 centax II clutch bell and pinion gears also work. I found this out at a Heart of America race when all the tranny gears failed and I went poking around the pits to find help. Also whats Happy Time Hobby's ph.number. It seems to have been removed from there website. I hope were now losing support(technical and parts) from them.
Old 03-28-2007, 05:50 AM
Tech Regular

Default Is PRP still in business?

I went to the website today to get some info on the car and there is not contact information/customer support at all? No e-mail or phone listed. Anyone know how to contact them?

my bad...just say the phone number at the bottom of the page
Old 03-28-2007, 06:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default XR-8

I have their phone number at home. When I get in today, I will post it for you.
Things are still going strong at PRP Happy Time Hobbies, so dont worry there.
I talk to them at least once to twice a week, and there are no problems.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.