R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 04-25-2005, 01:41 PM   #301
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by R40Victim
Does anyone know of another Hobby Shop that carries parts for these cars? My LHS can't seem to get them, and happytimehobby.com doesn't even list some of the parts I need...
What part(s) is it ? I can provide a part numbers for you.
Old 04-25-2005, 03:03 PM   #302
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Roll Center Adjustment Bushings(plastic, stock sizes, angles, ect...) Front Right Side

Linkage for the steering(outside ball and socket type) right steering linkage(I just need the plastic socket, or eye, I can punch out the metal insert)

Stock front sway bar(I think I found the part #s for this one)

These are all that I need. My LHS said they ordered them, they just didn't make it in on this shipment.

But if you could find part #s for them, that'd be awsome. None are listed in the instruction manual or the parts list. I'm assuming they are in the two bags of stuff, the haredware set: X81172, or the bag of linkage parts...
R40Victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 03:50 PM   #303
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wagnerov Send a message via Yahoo to wagnerov

XR/8's and XR/80's are now shipping with new parts lists.

X81083-1 Roll Center Bushings
X81041 6mm Ball Ends
X81033 Front Turnbuckle Set

I talked to that shop today, and they ordered the parts above for you. We're also sending them updated parts lists.
Old 04-26-2005, 12:21 AM   #304
Tech Champion

Thanks man, I actually got a call from one of the employees there. He confirmed my parts are on the way. A good thing too, I'd really like to run it in this weeks race. If there's enough of them there, it'll be the first 1/8th scale class race at our track. We've all been itching to see a bunch of these cars on the track at once. The lanes are a little narrow for them, but most of us are pretty familiar with the track.

The Race Coordinator has also been talking about hosting major races, including an 1/8th scale class. I'll post if I hear anything concrete...
Old 04-26-2005, 09:00 AM   #305
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to fraz

Quote:
Originally posted by R40Victim
I was curious, are there any lower gears available? This is our track: http://www.hobbycentralrc.com/images/frtpgtrak.JPG
In addition to the gearing selection Cam made, you can also cut your tires smaller. Just make sure you don't go so small that you can still get the proper ride height with the given droop setting without binding your springs.
fraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 10:14 AM   #306
Tech Champion

Oh yah, I may do that as well, but more or less just to re-true the tires. I wore my front left tire in a single day of playing.(The wheels/tires that came with it were very soft, but don't offer too much traction at our track). So I replaced the fronts with a set of Jacos, very impressive turn in, almost too good. None the less, I plan to gear it way down first, and true the tires as needed...these things are expensive $!$!$!
Old 04-27-2005, 04:40 AM   #307
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default finished

Well guys, I have finally finished assembling my car, minus the pipe( hmmm, Cameron?

These are my comments on the build. First the manual is not as bad as people make it out to be. If you are building this car as your first gas car, then you shouldnt be building it. Ask someone to help you. There are a few modifications that I have made to my car along the assembly here we go.

I used the bronze bushings on only the lower roll centers, glued in with thick CA. Instead of the "B" servo saver, I used the "A"
I had to trim 3-4 mm off of the brake rotor pins in the hub of the pulley because they rubbed the bulkhead, and not allowing the rear belt to sit square pulley to pulley. Spaced the upper rear shocks 2mm off the tower because the collars rubbed the bulkhead using the aluminum rear tower. The clutch,,,,,,,,,,,,,, well let say this. I am using a Nova Rossi JP mod, came with the collet. The kit did not come with a collet, it really needs to. I used other spacers than what came with the kit, from the Team MAgic G4. These spacers fit inside of the upper bearing of the clutch bell to fill the space between the shaft, and the thrust bearing pilot, so they need to be small. I used just enough spacers to space the pilot up to get adequate clutch be movement. Mounted the brake rod under the brake arm witht he collet on top to hold the brake shaft into the bulkhead. I am going to make a keeper for the shaft though. Lastly, I took some advice from a teammate(Carlos), and he suggested notching the aluminum quick release for retaining the spring clip in the axle. So I did it. Thanks Carlos.

I set up the car like this:
frt
4mm clip infrt of arm, rest behind
sway flat
low roll center up and down
60 wt oil, stock piston and spring
inner hole on tower
-2deg camber
0 toe
droop set to 4 on hudy gauge
width 253mm

rear
-2 deg toe
-2 deg camber
inner hole on aluminum tower
50 wt oil stock piston and oil
droop set to 7 on hudy
width 263mm

All in all the car is awesome. I hope the weather hold out for the weekend here so we can run this missile then. Any questions or suggestions please feel free to speak. Thanks.
Team and Sales Manager for USRC Imports, home of Sworkz! Looking for drivers for 2017-2018, KingMax Servos www.kingmaxhobby.com Gens Ace www.gensace.com, MIP www.miponline.com,Schelle , WWW. Schelleracing.com, Slavich Designs, GARCIA GRAPHIX

CHECK OUT GARCIA GRAPHIX ON FACEBOOK -LOOKING FOR 2017 TEAM DRIVER'S!
Raul Garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 07:56 AM   #308
Tech Master

Is the XR8 a copy or a design from the ground up?
performula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 08:44 AM   #309
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default copy ?

Well,
to say this is a copy is untrue. To say it is original is not true either. All manufacture incorporate someone elses design(s) into their own in one way or another. The XR8 uses some inovative features though.
Team and Sales Manager for USRC Imports, home of Sworkz! Looking for drivers for 2017-2018, KingMax Servos www.kingmaxhobby.com Gens Ace www.gensace.com, MIP www.miponline.com,Schelle , WWW. Schelleracing.com, Slavich Designs, GARCIA GRAPHIX

CHECK OUT GARCIA GRAPHIX ON FACEBOOK -LOOKING FOR 2017 TEAM DRIVER'S!
Raul Garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 09:50 AM   #310
Tech Master

No, I was not accusing them of copying a design. I should have phrased it differently.

Is this car the same as any other cars on the market (compatible parts) or is it it's own car?

For instance: I found today that the Delta XP 4 and Evolva are the same.
performula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 10:44 AM   #311
Tech Champion

I've been checking out other 1/8th scale cars, and they all seem to be very similar. The only one that seemed all that different, was the Veteq, and only the shock locations were different.

To say it resembles other cars is no biggy, kinda flatering, considering any other kit would be almost double the price of the RTR...
Old 04-27-2005, 10:57 AM   #312
Nitro Tech

Default Re: finished

Quote:
Originally posted by Raul Garcia

I set up the car like this:
frt
4mm clip infrt of arm, rest behind
sway flat
low roll center up and down
60 wt oil, stock piston and spring
inner hole on tower
-2deg camber
0 toe
droop set to 4 on hudy gauge
width 253mm

rear
-2 deg toe
-2 deg camber
inner hole on aluminum tower
50 wt oil stock piston and oil
droop set to 7 on hudy
width 263mm

All in all the car is awesome. I hope the weather hold out for the weekend here so we can run this missile then. Any questions or suggestions please feel free to speak. Thanks.
How about springs? The stock 1.8mm spring seems too soft to one-eight. They have 1.9 optional now(yellow?). I felt the kit is too stable to me. Maybe our track is tighter. So I use 296mm wheelbase and front width 251mm/rear width 258mm.
dino.tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 11:33 AM   #313
Tech Elite

Default Current pix of the XR/8

Hey guys, here are some pictures I would like to share with you. Enjoy.

Last edited by Roger; 10-24-2006 at 12:13 AM.
Roger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 11:34 AM   #314
Tech Elite

Photo 2

Old 04-27-2005, 11:34 AM   #315
Tech Elite

Photo 3