R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 04-13-2005, 10:26 AM   #286
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Congrats to Raul Garcia and goodluck to Kevin Jelich, Josh Alton, and Cameron Wagner at the RD Logics race held in Viva Las Vegas.
Old 04-13-2005, 03:24 PM   #287
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default anxious

Thanks Roger, I cant wait. I just wanted to say that Power Racing/Happytime Hobbies has some of the nicest, smartest customer support in the buisiness. Thanks to Noira for being so nice. Like I said I cant wait....
Team and Sales Manager for USRC Imports, home of Sworkz! Looking for drivers for 2017-2018, KingMax Servos www.kingmaxhobby.com Gens Ace www.gensace.com, MIP www.miponline.com,Schelle , WWW. Schelleracing.com, Slavich Designs, GARCIA GRAPHIX

CHECK OUT GARCIA GRAPHIX ON FACEBOOK -LOOKING FOR 2017 TEAM DRIVER'S!
Raul Garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 08:03 AM   #288
Tech Champion

Default Vegas

Cameron, or Roger,
how did you guys do at Vegas? Just curious.
Team and Sales Manager for USRC Imports, home of Sworkz! Looking for drivers for 2017-2018, KingMax Servos www.kingmaxhobby.com Gens Ace www.gensace.com, MIP www.miponline.com,Schelle , WWW. Schelleracing.com, Slavich Designs, GARCIA GRAPHIX

Old 04-19-2005, 12:04 PM   #289
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hmm, I dunno if I messed up or what, but when I did a search on this car, nothing came back, so I started that: "Who's heard of the..." thread.

I was curious, are there any lower gears available? This is our track: http://www.hobbycentralrc.com/images/frtpgtrak.JPG

It's great for 1/10th scale cars, but feels really small when driving this beasty. I barely touched 2nd gear, twice, and that was running the oval pattern to build up speed. It took off like it does from a stand still too(fast...real fast). I've looked, but it seems the option gears are all taller, opposite of what I need. Are there other gears available for the RTR's clutch, or will I have to replace it?
R40Victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 12:11 PM   #290
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to HarKonnenD

Sweet track. Where is that?

Raul-Sry man, but I'm gonna stay with nitro sedan. No 8th for a while.
Old 04-19-2005, 12:26 PM   #291
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wagnerov Send a message via Yahoo to wagnerov

Josh and Kevin were both in the B-Main, Kevin just missed the A by 2 qual-points. Josh had a radio glitch I think, and Kevin bonked the wall pretty hard and broke a rear arm. I wish we could have done better, but there's still a learning curve with the car. Up until that point it had been a pretty clean weekend.

Brian Bodine used our Lola VDS body to take 4th in the A (driving a Serpent), though.

R40: If your car is barely hitting 2nd gear on that track, try some the following gears. Out of the box, the XR/80 is geared to the moon just for top end. So for smaller tracks it's not going to work too well. Try these gears: 16/19 on the pinion, and 46/50 for the spur. One other little trick would be to make your clutch heavier so that the power doesn't transfer to the tires as harshly, so there is less wheelspin. You can do that by bending the springs a little bit (buy some new ones just in case!) so that there is less tension on the clutch shoes. Of course, with the Centax-style clutch you can adjust it to be heavy. Hope that helps.
Old 04-19-2005, 01:28 PM   #292
Tech Champion

The track is behind University Mall in Pensacola Florida. We are in the middle of a Series Race, results are here: http://www.jlapracemanager.com/cgi-b...e=HobbyCentral

I'm Brad, and I'm only in electric touring for the series.

More Pics: http://www.hobbycentralrc.com/

I was at that benifit race, but I didn't win anything, so I'm not in any of the close-ups. I'm in the middle backround of this one, walking between the blue tent and the driver's stand, wearing a tan hat and shorts: http://www.hobbycentralrc.com/images/eln.jpg

Does that pic make me look fat?...LOL

We get visiting racers from all over the place, stretching from Mobile to Tallahasse, and beyond on occasion.

Thanks for the gearing suggestions, I plan to gear it way down. If it jumps anything like it did when I could get it there, this thing will fly. A very not bad stock motor...for an RTR. The clutch seems to be just right, so once I get the new gears, I'll play with it from there.
Old 04-20-2005, 12:02 AM   #293
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default VDS Lola

Hey All,
I just wanted to take the time to thank Cameron for the body last weekend. I tested a used up PF body that I slapped on the car for practice day. It went 3 tenths faster then what I was using! I made it a mission to find a fresh replacement. Cameron came through big time with a pair of Power Racing Lola's for myself and for Brad Johnson (the HPI Proceed driver). The body was great, it kept the lap times low and the car hooked up. Now don't judge me by the 11:30pm two tone paint scheme, but the body got through the entire race event, 40 minuntes of B main (and victory ) and 1 more hour of A main action. It was clean enough... I took it home!

Thanks Cameron!

Brian
Attached Images
File Type: jpg p1010003.jpg (138.8 KB, 274 views)
Slapmaster6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 12:21 AM   #294
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

That's great news almost one of you guys made it to the A main. You guys are getting better and better with the Xr8 despite it's pretty new. It's just a matter of time this car will start winning races. Keep it going guys!
Old 04-20-2005, 12:31 PM   #295
Tech Champion

Default Its here!

Well I got my car today. I am anxious to start assembling it. Cameron thanks. I sent you a email..

Old 04-21-2005, 10:30 AM   #296
Tech Champion

Did anyone else get the RTR version? If so, I have several suggestions...

And how about the motor that it came with. Does anyone know who actually manufactures it?
Old 04-21-2005, 12:19 PM   #297
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by R40Victim
And how about the motor that it came with. Does anyone know who actually manufactures it?
The .27 motor is virtually the same as the some of the fantom .27 motors, trinity's .27's, team infinity's .27's, and the peak Diablo motors. These motor are manufactured in Japan.
Old 04-21-2005, 12:54 PM   #298
Tech Champion

Cool, I don't have any complaints so far, but I haven't leaned it out yet, it's still breaking in. If not for a "kun-fu" manuver by a newbie, I'd have alot more time on it. I was just curious about what to expect.
Old 04-24-2005, 10:47 AM   #299
Tech Champion

Does anyone know of another Hobby Shop that carries parts for these cars? My LHS can't seem to get them, and happytimehobby.com doesn't even list some of the parts I need...
Old 04-25-2005, 01:31 AM   #300
Tech Initiate

we raced with the new aluminum shock towers today, and I must say that these are a must. gets the rear of the car hooked up, without the need for driilling and spacers, also, i think that the aluminum should be more durable than the stock ones, anyway. also i like the new rear sway bars, they seem to help as well.
anrkii is offline   Reply With Quote