R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 03-04-2005, 07:37 PM   #271
jag
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by wagnerov
I think it's a case of the wheel hole being too small, rather than the axle shaft being too big. It is a quality control problem on Enneti's side, not ours. In all honesty, we went through 25-30 sets of Jaco and Enneti tires at the Winternats, and not a single one was tight...oh well.

Jag: I'm guessing that you might have too much end play in the clutch bell. Try setting the clutch with .5mm between the top of the clutch nut and the adjuster. Then shim the clutch bell so that there is only 1-1.5mm of side-to-side movement. Make sure the 4 clutch shoes are between the flywheel pins, not over them. It should be heavy with that setup.

The "clutch problems" mentioned at the race above were user error...he put the bearings in the clutch bell incorrectly. The two ball bearings go into the clutch from the inside...he put one on the outside and one on the inside like most 1/10th cars. He's all set for the race this weekend!

And the plastic parts are nylon. All companies like to use a different composite percentage to achieve different goals.
I setup the gaps on the clutch as the instructions say. It's very similar to my 710. The problem is that I had to shim the collet and use a clutch nut from a Serpent and shim that also. The nut is about .5mm shorter than the one that came with the car. I think that the shims behind the nut may be holding the clutch disk too far from the 4 shoes but it doesn't matter if the shims are in front of the flywheel or behind it. It doesn't work either way. This is really starting to piss me off. The car is done, it runs great but only goes 2 mph.
jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 09:49 AM   #272
jag
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by wagnerov
I think it's a case of the wheel hole being too small, rather than the axle shaft being too big. It is a quality control problem on Enneti's side, not ours. In all honesty, we went through 25-30 sets of Jaco and Enneti tires at the Winternats, and not a single one was tight...oh well.

Jag: I'm guessing that you might have too much end play in the clutch bell. Try setting the clutch with .5mm between the top of the clutch nut and the adjuster. Then shim the clutch bell so that there is only 1-1.5mm of side-to-side movement. Make sure the 4 clutch shoes are between the flywheel pins, not over them. It should be heavy with that setup.

The "clutch problems" mentioned at the race above were user error...he put the bearings in the clutch bell incorrectly. The two ball bearings go into the clutch from the inside...he put one on the outside and one on the inside like most 1/10th cars. He's all set for the race this weekend!

And the plastic parts are nylon. All companies like to use a different composite percentage to achieve different goals.
I got my clutch working fine by moving the 4 shoes between the pins and shimming the clutch nut a little more.

Thanks for the help.
jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 09:46 PM   #273
Tech Initiate

Default HMSRACING

We got it! we got it!
Assembling it now. Couldnt wait to test it. we gonna use it on our new track at Kolombong.
hmsracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 12:48 AM   #274
Tech Initiate

i found another area for "home inprovement" on the car.

the reason that the front wheels are difficult to install is because the QC lever doesnt swing all the way in, due to the qc spring getting in the way, in fact, i couldnt
install my new setup station, it just wouldnt clear the levers.

its easy to fix, just mark the lever where the spring runs across with an xacto, take the lever out and file a groove big enough for the spring .

now i can use my setup station, and the wheels arent such a pain in the ass

any idea when there will be a side brace availible?

also, where can i find the upgrade rear sway bar? its on the main site, but no stores seem to have them.
anrkii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 11:56 AM   #275
Tech Initiate

i cant believe this thread for this brand new car is dead already, geez

anyway, the improved rear sway bars are now availible through ace, i
ran the cars for the first time this weekend, and i was pretty impressed with the lack of problems that we had with them on the track.

handling was very good, even without tuning the settings, and the zx21 HAULS.

and once everyone at the track saw how well the car performs, and how affordable it is, i think that our 1/8th class wil be growing quite a bit this year.
Old 04-11-2005, 12:00 PM   #276
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to HarKonnenD

I'd get it if I could get parts, however I would just go with Mugen.
Old 04-11-2005, 01:45 PM   #277
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wagnerov Send a message via Yahoo to wagnerov

Kevin Jelich, Josh Alton and I are going to Vegas for the big race there this coming weekend. We have a bunch of new parts to try out so hopefully we'll be right on the pace as soon as practice opens on Thursday.

Maybe this thread is "dead" because it's not full of the usual "HEY such-and-such, DID YOU GET MY MESSAGE? I'M GONNA RACE MY XXXXX blah-blah TOMORROW" garbage that no one really cares about.
Old 04-12-2005, 01:54 AM   #278
Tech Initiate

mr wagner, did you say that youre testing new parts? can you share with us what they are?

i drilled new holes in the rear shocktower, but i didnt move the shocks from their original locations, do i really need to do this? i have noticed a lot of off throttle oversteer...

also harkonnen, acehardwarehobbies.com has EVERY singl e part for this car, at great prices, available for online order, so parts avalibility is no problem.
Old 04-12-2005, 01:58 AM   #279
Tech Initiate

oh also, where exactly is the las vegas race? is there goin to be any coverage online somewhere?
Old 04-12-2005, 05:07 AM   #280
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default xr8 parts

Quote:
Originally posted by HarKonnenD
I'd get it if I could get parts, however I would just go with Mugen.
Harkonnen, lhs Ace's Nitro Hobbies in Bridgeport, CT has every part you need, also Brooklyn Hobbies in Brooklyn NY also is a stocking dealer. Either one can help you. Angel is the owner of Ace's, and Richie the owner of Brooklyn. Check them out. Ace's is approx 30min from you. I work in Port Chester, BMW. So I know the drive.
Team and Sales Manager for USRC Imports, home of Sworkz! Looking for drivers for 2017-2018, KingMax Servos www.kingmaxhobby.com Gens Ace www.gensace.com, MIP www.miponline.com,Schelle , WWW. Schelleracing.com, Slavich Designs, GARCIA GRAPHIX

CHECK OUT GARCIA GRAPHIX ON FACEBOOK -LOOKING FOR 2017 TEAM DRIVER'S!
Raul Garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 09:15 AM   #281
Tech Elite

Hmm sounds good though. I'd spend $200-$300 less going with this route. I know Brooklyn Hobbies has it, but it's if my LHS will order it for me as well as parts. Hopefully they will get it for me if I'll promise to by the spare parts. LOL. Anyone who has it can tell me the Pro's and Con's of the car? After my R40 shipment comes in I may take a look at it.
Old 04-12-2005, 03:27 PM   #282
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wagnerov Send a message via Yahoo to wagnerov

Pro's and cons: well, I think the manual is not very good. That should be improving soon. Hopefully asking questions here will make assembly easier though. Everyone else can answer the rest, of course.

We're going to be trying some new aluminum rear shock towers with the lower shock locations already drilled in. They are machined 7075, and look pretty trick even though they're not carbon. They're already available to the public. We also have a couple of different bars for the rear to try out. Nothing major, really.

Lowering the shocks makes the shock's damping and spring rate more progressive, less prone to chattering around the corner. Chattering=hopping....not necessarily a bad thing, but less hopping makes the car a lot easier to drive. We also use front shock shafts in the rear, but I know you can use the normal shock shafts without any problems.

Vegas is quite a bit different from Fort Myers, a lot bumpier and simply a lot bigger. So we'll probably have a new setup sheet after this race. I don't know if there will be live coverage or not, but here's the site: http://www.4acesracing.com/RD%20Logics/RaceSite.htm
Old 04-12-2005, 03:45 PM   #283
Tech Apprentice

Good luck in Vegas, Cam. May the force be with you.

scontreras
SC Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 07:44 PM   #284
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default Vegas

Good luck to the team at Vegas. I would like to introduce myself. My name is Raul Garcia, I race in the east, from CT. I will be getting my new toy in a couple of weeks and will get all of you up to speed real fast! If I can help you please ask. I will be attending the NERCAR.COM, ACESNITROHOBBIES.COM, Edison NJ, organized by Bruckner Hobbies, and possibly 106 raceway in Nashua, NH. ANy other 1/8th tracks in the surrounding area.?
I'd like to thank Power Racing and Cameron for this opportunity.
Team and Sales Manager for USRC Imports, home of Sworkz! Looking for drivers for 2017-2018, KingMax Servos www.kingmaxhobby.com Gens Ace www.gensace.com, MIP www.miponline.com,Schelle , WWW. Schelleracing.com, Slavich Designs, GARCIA GRAPHIX

CHECK OUT GARCIA GRAPHIX ON FACEBOOK -LOOKING FOR 2017 TEAM DRIVER'S!
Raul Garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 10:18 PM   #285
Tech Elite

Sounds kewl man you get to race and stuff. I just bash at Floyd Bennett field. THey are working on the lap counting system there at the moment. Pretty much all the places to enjoy 8th onroad is in the CT area. Nothing much here in NY.