Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
NTC3 Rear Exhaust Engine Pipe Options? >

NTC3 Rear Exhaust Engine Pipe Options?

NTC3 Rear Exhaust Engine Pipe Options?

Old 01-17-2011, 12:59 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default NTC3 Rear Exhaust Engine Pipe Options?

edit

Last edited by Laguna Blue; 05-02-2011 at 06:00 PM.
Old 01-17-2011, 01:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Laguna Blue
Hi All,

I'm returning to the hobby after a 10 year leave; very excited to get back into racing.

I'm building a NTC3 and most likely will install a rear exhaust engine. I've searched all over the web, and on this forum, however, I was unable to find an answer to this question. I saw a few rigged examples, some exiting the rear of the chassis, but I'm looking for more of a traditional setup. Is the only pipe option for a rear exhaust engine the Associated pipes? I can't believe there are no aftermarket pipes for the rear exhaust configuration...

I was toying with the idea of mating 2 rear exhaust manifolds and then using whatever pipe I choose, however, I'm not sure what effect a manifold setup such as that will have on performance...

Thanks in advance for any input.

-Mark
First, nobody races the NTC3 anymore, its an outdated design. That said, the only other pipe that worked for it in a rear exhaust configuration other than the AE pipes was the RD Logis NTC3 pipe. If you can find one of those, then you'd be set.

If you put any of todays engines on it, be prepare to replace diff gears often, that was one of the bigest problems with NTC3.

Last edited by nitrodude; 01-17-2011 at 05:45 PM.