Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Could you convert a Pro 4 to...

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2004, 07:06 PM
Tech Adept

Default Could you convert a Pro 4 to...

...a Nitro RS4? I mean, here are some questions...

If you took away the bottom chassis and top chassis and just have the shaft and the front and rear 100% intact. Could that be a basis of making a Shaft drivin Nitro RS4?

The only thing I see that would be wrong is maybe that shaft being to low for the engines transmission gears to connect to it.

Would front and rear diffs hold up on the car if it where Nitro powered?

So basiclly HPI could just take that and make the shaft higher if it needed to be or even lower and go from there and make it more like a Nitro TC3.

I really hate the way the Shaft Driven RS4 3 looks like. I think it looks terrible and the RS4 is better for having a "Sport" verison Nitro car.
Old 08-06-2004, 09:12 PM
Tech Master

the shaft in the ntc3 is fairly low to.

the ball diff in teh rear would loosen really easily (more than it does in an electric pro4) and the bevels on teh one-way would probably strip just under the power.

also it has chubs, i heard chubs can break just under accel of a nitro car

if you have a spare pro4, you could make it a project
Old 08-06-2004, 11:50 PM
Tech Addict

anything is possible with money.
Old 08-07-2004, 12:18 AM
Tech Adept

Default Re: Could you convert a Pro 4 to...

Hello J Smith,

I really admire your vision and the persaverance you have re this. It could be your great Summer project ones. You see thing differently and this is how Japanese love to see things.

Never follow, but always try to come up with something new--don't have to be better as long as it's from you and truly uniqueness.

I wish you best of luck.

Originally posted by J Smith
...a Nitro RS4? I mean, here are some questions...

If you took away the bottom chassis and top chassis and just have the shaft and the front and rear 100% intact. Could that be a basis of making a Shaft drivin Nitro RS4?

The only thing I see that would be wrong is maybe that shaft being to low for the engines transmission gears to connect to it.

Would front and rear diffs hold up on the car if it where Nitro powered?

So basiclly HPI could just take that and make the shaft higher if it needed to be or even lower and go from there and make it more like a Nitro TC3.

I really hate the way the Shaft Driven RS4 3 looks like. I think it looks terrible and the RS4 is better for having a "Sport" verison Nitro car.
Old 08-07-2004, 09:41 PM
Tech Adept

Default Re: Re: Could you convert a Pro 4 to...

Thank you for the kind words. Yes Japanese people are crazy when it comes to modding this stuff.

If a Nitro TC3's shaft with the 2 Speed with fit the length of the car I can easily get a custom made chassis made through Penguin RC and go from it from there.

I don't own a Pro 4, but I currently trying to sell and save up to get one. Looks like an outstanding and well performing car!

Originally posted by RC Dumb
Hello J Smith,

I really admire your vision and the persaverance you have re this. It could be your great Summer project ones. You see thing differently and this is how Japanese love to see things.

Never follow, but always try to come up with something new--don't have to be better as long as it's from you and truly uniqueness.

I wish you best of luck.
Old 08-08-2004, 01:05 PM
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

If you have to "save up" for a Pro4, this probably isn't a project for you. Converting a car meant for electric over to nitro would definately take quite a bit of money on totally custom parts.

...and who wants a 190mm nitro car anyways?