R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 01-26-2011, 08:43 PM   #16
Tech Adept

Thanks

There are some cosmetic touches to finish off and some cable management to do in there.
Gladly the battery pack came charged so i took it for a spin in the house albeit at extremely low speeds. the throttle is very sensitive on the remote and believe it or not, it left skid marks on my wooden floor when i accidentally put pedal to the metal.

The only weird thing now is the noise that is coming from the battery pack when i activate the lights or do anything that draws power from it. It does the capacitor whine like when a camera flash is charging but it does it constantly. Is that normal?
omegaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 08:58 PM   #17
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Are you sure it's the battery pack and not the electonic speed controller?

MUGEN / NOVAROSSI / MATRIX
CHRISP76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 09:04 PM   #18
Tech Adept

yea because my car has a separate controller for the lights. i don't even have to turn on the receiver and servos.
with all the main components off, i can switch on the lights because they feed straight off the battery pack and at that point it starts whistling.
now i am not sure if the whistling comes from the light controller or the battery pack itself but given that it sounds identical when i draw power from the pack with the other electronics, i would put my money on the pack making the noise.

however, the pack is fully drained now after about 10 min run in the house. so i will charge and come back when i know more.
Old 01-27-2011, 11:47 AM   #19
Tech Regular

If you want a shell painting there are quite a few awesome custom painters in the uk, charge you about 40 quid, have alook in the painting section on this forum n look up Jon miller at RCS and mike Parker at number five designs, they will blow you away mate, you've still gota cut the shell out mate, but half the jobs done for you!
www.DHmodelsport.co.uk
jas1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 07:06 PM   #20
Tech Adept

at the moment i am flirting with some of the upgrade parts for my TT-01 Type E.
I would love to get all the upgrade parts for it but I cannot find anywhere some shock dampers made of aluminium for it. They made those for the TT-01 but not for Type E and I am worried they might not fit.
Also, I can't find any wide wheel axles for it. They are mentioned in the manual but nowhere to be seen in online shops.
Old 01-29-2011, 12:30 AM   #21
Tech Regular

Hey mate, any more info on your battery noise issue?

Old 01-29-2011, 12:32 AM   #22
Tech Adept

Indeed!! It is actually coming from the LED power hub and not from the pack. Because I had them installed close to each other, I could not tell where the noise was coming from. But today I set them apart and it is clearly the LED power supply that makes the noise.

Random questions:

If I buy a digital servo do i need to buy digital transmitter and receiver? And then do I have to buy a digital ESC too?
Old 01-29-2011, 12:39 AM   #23
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by omegaf View Post

Indeed!! It is actually coming from the LED power hub and not from the pack. Because I had them installed close to each other, I could not tell where the noise was coming from. But today I set them apart and it is clearly the LED power supply that makes the noise.

Random questions:

If I buy a digital servo do i need to buy digital transmitter and receiver? And then do I have to buy a digital ESC too?
What radio gear do you have at the moment??

Old 01-29-2011, 12:45 AM   #24
Tech Adept

hmmm
tough question for a newbie. i got Acoms Techniplus 27Mhz AM, 2 channel.
In the box there was one servo and the receiver. It came as a kit with my TT-01E. The existing servo is the Acoms AS17 and the receiver is Acoms again 2Ch
27MHz AM Mini receiver.
Gotta admit the controller and receiver kit is kinda dodgy because it tends to behave oddly even at a couple of meters away and I have to extend the antenna to get it to behave. The batteries are fully charged by the way.

The other issue I got is that if I do lots of quick manoeuvres it kinda gets confused and then with the controller idle i can hear the servo doing lots of tiny movements and the motor trying to go forward or back.
I don;t think it can keep up with my driving skills
Old 01-29-2011, 01:04 AM   #25
Tech Regular

you may be right!!! I am not sure on the ESC question as I only race nitro.

Old 01-29-2011, 01:11 AM   #26
Tech Adept

Ah, no probs. I will figure it out eventually. I am just curious, I don't really plan on throwing any more money on the TT-01. I think it is plenty fast as it is.

By the way, I am correct in thinking that nitro cars can't do reverse? 2 speed gearbox 'n all...
It's just that I remember from my childhood a nitro car that belonged to a friend and we used to play but that one could reverse. Unless my memory tricks me
Old 01-29-2011, 01:16 AM   #27
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by omegaf View Post
Ah, no probs. I will figure it out eventually. I am just curious, I don't really plan on throwing any more money on the TT-01. I think it is plenty fast as it is.

By the way, I am correct in thinking that nitro cars can't do reverse? 2 speed gearbox 'n all...
It's just that I remember from my childhood a nitro car that belonged to a friend and we used to play but that one could reverse. Unless my memory tricks me
No, they definitely don't have reverse.

Old 01-29-2011, 01:26 AM   #28
Tech Adept

logic vs memory : 1-0
Better start taking those memory pills
Old 01-29-2011, 01:28 AM   #29
Tech Regular

I think I'm in need of them sometimes too so don't worry.

Old 02-12-2011, 12:42 AM   #30
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

good luck with your car
pimprice is offline   Reply With Quote