R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-26-2010, 05:53 AM   #1
Tech Addict
 
bluer322's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 579
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Sirio power clutch

The sirio site is under construction, im tring to find out were can i get one from.
__________________
T. Nicholson
Murnan Modified Motors
Matrix Tires
Serpent, 748tq
bluer322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 06:12 AM   #2
Tech Apprentice
 
blackyblackman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 66
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Hi!

Its the same like Capricorn clutches...!!!

Its the same manufacturer, i think!

Greets,

Black
blackyblackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 06:33 AM   #3
Tech Addict
 
bluer322's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 579
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackyblackman View Post
Hi!

Its the same like Capricorn clutches...!!!

Its the same manufacturer, i think!

Greets,

Black
Thanks
__________________
T. Nicholson
Murnan Modified Motors
Matrix Tires
Serpent, 748tq
bluer322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 06:37 AM   #4
Tech Master
 
DS Motorsport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 1,440
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackyblackman View Post
Hi!

Its the same like Capricorn clutches...!!!

Its the same manufacturer, i think!

Greets,

Black
The Sirio and Capricorn clutch aren't the same and aren't made by the same manufacturer!!.

The WCE 2010 Capricorn clutches are better then the Sirio clutch.
With the WCE clutch you can use your own pinions instead of having a lot of trouble getting some Sirio pinions.
Also the red capricorn shoe is better then the sirio shoe, it gives more low end punch and is less critical on setup.
__________________
P1-RC.com
DS Motorsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 07:01 AM   #5
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 265
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DS Motorsport View Post
The Sirio and Capricorn clutch aren't the same and aren't made by the same manufacturer!!.

The WCE 2010 Capricorn clutches are better then the Sirio clutch.
With the WCE clutch you can use your own pinions instead of having a lot of trouble getting some Sirio pinions.
Also the red capricorn shoe is better then the sirio shoe, it gives more low end punch and is less critical on setup.
The WCE 2010 Cap clutch is awesome. I'm using it on my 966 and I have to say that it's the best 1/8th clutch I have ever used. The red shoe last forever, lightweight, easy to adjust and has great punch. They are available for MRX-4/5 and S966.
__________________
Desoto Racing
Novarossi America, Serpent America, TOP Engines, Matrix Racing Tires, ProCircuit, Titan/Blitz Products, Xceed Products, KO Propo, Enneti, ArrowMax

[email protected], www.serpentamerica.com
jdesoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 07:02 AM   #6
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Melbourne,Australia
Posts: 339
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

you can use kyosho pinions on both clutch systems i have found
__________________
ARC R10/2015 - HOBBYWING - PROAMPS - ORCA

BRCCC
elche_83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 07:22 AM   #7
Tech Addict
 
bluer322's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 579
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I spoke to someone from Serpent/Desto racing last week. I was told early Jan. They should have them in, I want one before the Winter Nats.
__________________
T. Nicholson
Murnan Modified Motors
Matrix Tires
Serpent, 748tq

Last edited by bluer322; 12-26-2010 at 10:13 AM.
bluer322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 07:46 AM   #8
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 265
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluer322 View Post
I spoke to someone from Serpent/Desto racing last week. I was told early Jan. They should them in, I want one before the Winter Nats.
We have them in stock already including shoes and parts.
__________________
Desoto Racing
Novarossi America, Serpent America, TOP Engines, Matrix Racing Tires, ProCircuit, Titan/Blitz Products, Xceed Products, KO Propo, Enneti, ArrowMax

[email protected], www.serpentamerica.com
jdesoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 09:37 AM   #9
Tech Champion
 
Roelof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Holland
Posts: 6,269
Send a message via ICQ to Roelof
Default

I can be wrong but when you get the right parts for your current clutch you probably will end up with a same clutch.

Most standard clutches come with a setup which will work but can be improved a lot with only a different shoe and a harder spring. Personally I do not see an extra value for all the other parts.
__________________
The quality of an answer comes with the quality of the question.
Roelof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 09:52 AM   #10
Tech Master
 
DS Motorsport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 1,440
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roelof View Post
I can be wrong but when you get the right parts for your current clutch you probably will end up with a same clutch.

Most standard clutches come with a setup which will work but can be improved a lot with only a different shoe and a harder spring. Personally I do not see an extra value for all the other parts.
Try it and you will be convinced.

Everyone who I spoken to who had tried the Capricorn clutch said it was the best clutch they ever had. Build it correctly and you have it dialed in within 5 minutes.
__________________
P1-RC.com
DS Motorsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 10:01 AM   #11
Tech Adept
 
RoyalPalmRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Royal Palm Beach
Posts: 152
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

will the Xray pinions fit on the Cap clutch? just wondering
__________________
Sean B.

#86
RoyalPalmRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 10:15 AM   #12
Tech Addict
 
bluer322's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 579
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdesoto View Post
We have them in stock already including shoes and parts.
Ill call again Monday, Do you have a part number.
__________________
T. Nicholson
Murnan Modified Motors
Matrix Tires
Serpent, 748tq
bluer322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 10:22 AM   #13
Tech Master
 
DS Motorsport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 1,440
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalPalmRacer View Post
will the Xray pinions fit on the Cap clutch? just wondering
The Xray pinions will fit the Capricorn WCE 2010 for NT1 clutch.

__________________
P1-RC.com
DS Motorsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 11:43 AM   #14
Tech Champion
 
Roelof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Holland
Posts: 6,269
Send a message via ICQ to Roelof
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DS Motorsport View Post
Try it and you will be convinced.

Everyone who I spoken to who had tried the Capricorn clutch said it was the best clutch they ever had. Build it correctly and you have it dialed in within 5 minutes.
Explain to me the difference in flywheel, pressure plate, flywheel nut, steel clutchbel and bearings, no real difference to me. As mentioned before, the most difference is made with the spring and shoe and I know many do experiments with the flyweights.
__________________
The quality of an answer comes with the quality of the question.
Roelof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 02:14 PM   #15
Tech Elite
 
lil-bump's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: The Cold Great Lakes
Posts: 2,963
Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)
Default

Does the Cap clutch work with the 733 WC pinions??? Last I checked it does not.


Pass you soon...
__________________
Elliott Hart
Serpent America
Desoto Racing Team
Chicky fan club member #9
One Eighth Racers of Toledo
lil-bump is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:55 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net