R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-26-2010, 03:27 PM   #16
Tech Master
 
DS Motorsport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 1,440
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roelof View Post
Explain to me the difference in flywheel, pressure plate, flywheel nut, steel clutchbel and bearings, no real difference to me. As mentioned before, the most difference is made with the spring and shoe and I know many do experiments with the flyweights.
I agree, the most difference is made by the spring, shoe and flyweight combo. Get this matching perfectly and the other parts have little influence.
And this is just the thing Capricorn has done very well, the spring, shoe and all other parts are matched very well to have a perfectly working package.

You will also save some weight compared to the stock clutch, and as you might know saving just a couple of grams on the clutch equals, let's say 10-15 grams in the differential because of the internal ratio.



Quote:
Originally Posted by lil-bump View Post
Does the Cap clutch work with the 733 WC pinions??? Last I checked it does not.


Pass you soon...
Which clutch did you use to check, the 733 WCE 2010 version?.
I will have to check it to be 100% sure if the WC pinions fit the 733 WCE clutch.

I do know the Serpent WC pinions fit the Xray bell and thus the Capricorn NT1 WCE clutch.
__________________
P1-RC.com
DS Motorsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 03:43 PM   #17
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Henderson, NV
Posts: 4,148
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher
Default

The Kyosho Shimo clutch and the sirio clutch are very similar, if not the same. I know the Sirio clutch shoe fits the Shimo clutch as I tried the sirio shoe on my car at the Nebraska Roar Nats.
__________________
| Capricorn | Ybslow | Proline-Protoform | Johnny Bravo Racing | Desoto Racing | Murnan Modified | Matrix Tires | Powermaster Fuel |
Scott Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 05:22 PM   #18
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 265
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roelof View Post
Explain to me the difference in flywheel, pressure plate, flywheel nut, steel clutchbel and bearings, no real difference to me. As mentioned before, the most difference is made with the spring and shoe and I know many do experiments with the flyweights.
The flywheel is a smaller diameter AND lighter, the shoe angle is different so you get more surface area, it comes with 2 spring, 2 shoes...

part# CAP 468 WCE for S966
475 WCE for MRX-4/5
__________________
Desoto Racing
Novarossi America, Serpent America, TOP Engines, Matrix Racing Tires, ProCircuit, Titan/Blitz Products, Xceed Products, KO Propo, Enneti, ArrowMax

[email protected], www.serpentamerica.com
jdesoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 05:29 PM   #19
Tech Elite
 
lil-bump's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: The Cold Great Lakes
Posts: 2,963
Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DS Motorsport View Post
I agree, the most difference is made by the spring, shoe and flyweight combo. Get this matching perfectly and the other parts have little influence.
And this is just the thing Capricorn has done very well, the spring, shoe and all other parts are matched very well to have a perfectly working package.

You will also save some weight compared to the stock clutch, and as you might know saving just a couple of grams on the clutch equals, let's say 10-15 grams in the differential because of the internal ratio.





Which clutch did you use to check, the 733 WCE 2010 version?.
I will have to check it to be 100% sure if the WC pinions fit the 733 WCE clutch.

I do know the Serpent WC pinions fit the Xray bell and thus the Capricorn NT1 WCE clutch.
I've seen the sales AD for the Cap clutch for the 733; and it says only works with the original pinions. I assume this does not mean the WC pinions.

Pass you soon...
__________________
Elliott Hart
Serpent America
Desoto Racing Team
Chicky fan club member #9
One Eighth Racers of Toledo

Last edited by lil-bump; 12-27-2010 at 05:26 AM.
lil-bump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 05:36 PM   #20
Tech Master
 
DS Motorsport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 1,440
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil-bump View Post
I've seen the sales AD for the Cap clutch for the 733; and says it only works with the original pinions. I assume this does not mean the WC pinions.

Pass you soon...
Ok, I will look into this as I want to know this as well.
But the WC gearbox and pinions are fitted to the 733 as standard right?.
If this is the case I'm pretty sure the clutch will fit, but I will check it with Capricorn.
__________________
P1-RC.com
DS Motorsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 07:57 PM   #21
Tech Elite
 
lil-bump's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: The Cold Great Lakes
Posts: 2,963
Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DS Motorsport View Post
Ok, I will look into this as I want to know this as well.
But the WC gearbox and pinions are fitted to the 733 as standard right?.
If this is the case I'm pretty sure the clutch will fit, but I will check it with Capricorn.


For the 720 it was an upgrade to the WC gears. For the 733 It was stock.
__________________
Elliott Hart
Serpent America
Desoto Racing Team
Chicky fan club member #9
One Eighth Racers of Toledo
lil-bump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 02:47 AM   #22
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2
Default

hello everyone........
__________________
<a href="http://www.kraftseeds.com">Buy Seeds Online India</a>
<a href="http://www.mahajanconveyors.com">Transmission Rubber Belts</a>
<a href="http://www.vikrantholidays.com">Shirdi Tour Packages</a>
<a href="http://www.helpessays.com">Assignment Help</a>
avgadvertising is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:55 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net