Community
Wiki Posts
Search

traxxas fuel?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2004, 05:00 PM
Tech Addict

Default traxxas fuel?

i was at my hobby shop the other day inquiring about the best type of fuel to use in my ntc3(o.s.12tr) and the shop owner (who runs nitro cars) told me that his favorite was traxxas fuel. now keep in mind this is a serious r/c shop-dealing in high end power plants and top notch cars-its not some glorified toy store- anyway i was wondering are some fuels better than others? and more importantly are there some fuels to stay away from?
Old 07-29-2004, 06:41 PM
Tech Adept

When I first starting running nitro, I used the Traxxas fuel. I couldn't get any power out of it. Switched to Wildcat and the power picked right up. Not sure what happened with Wildcat but the latest blends weren't holding up to people using the Blue Thunder (which I'm running now). I'm quite happy with Blue Thunder.

There are differences between the blends in each manf. fuels and even between batches. Some use more oil than others and this is what really affects performance. The more oil % the better protection you get (in general) but with more oil there is going to be less of other ingredients like methanol and nitro methane for combustion purposes.

Really haven't found any "bad" name brand fuels, just some that allow the engine to perform better than others.
Old 07-30-2004, 08:09 PM
Tech Addict

i have tried the traxxas fuel,odonnell,blue thunder, and my all time favorite has to be byron race fuels... tunes very well with it in your tank.. and gives great performance..i have been through 10 gallons of it now in my savage 25
Old 07-31-2004, 03:34 AM
Tech Apprentice

I have several friends that work at Traxxas and they say it is the same fuel as Wildcat. I have seen many local people run it with great results and have used it myself.

I now run Rocket Science 30% becuase it has some very high dollar oils used in it and I can get it at a good price.
Old 08-14-2004, 08:52 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: traxxas fuel?

Originally posted by sean
i was at my hobby shop the other day inquiring about the best type of fuel to use in my ntc3(o.s.12tr) and the shop owner (who runs nitro cars) told me that his favorite was traxxas fuel. now keep in mind this is a serious r/c shop-dealing in high end power plants and top notch cars-its not some glorified toy store- anyway i was wondering are some fuels better than others? and more importantly are there some fuels to stay away from?
I speak from experience when I say he's prolly trying to sell it sinse he gets it cheap and can have a better mark up on it. At least the lhs that I work for does that especially when we buy the fuel in bulk. I presonally like Byron. It's relatively cheap and makes the engine very easy to tune. It also seems to out last other fuels.
Old 08-15-2004, 04:42 PM
Tech Adept

The traxxas fuel is actually made by powermaster. I personally like running the traxxas fuel in the quals because it's 20% and then run Powermaster 30% in the main. The advantage to this is it helps save the motor and if you can qualify well on 20 then you can pick it up for the main on ussuspecting racers. Oh yeah there is Zero difference in tune between the traxxas 20 and powermaster 30.
Old 08-18-2004, 01:15 PM
Tech Master

also keep in mind different engines work better with different fuels...which all goes back to oil % nitro content etc...and with some people it comes down to personal preference, like the old question which to you like better Ford, chevy etc...they all do the same thing just some do it better in the hands of the right person
Old 08-19-2004, 09:05 PM
Tech Rookie

Traxxas Fuel works well with my Tamiya Truck. I finished a gallon in two days !
Old 08-20-2004, 07:40 AM
Tech Master

yeah those tonka trucks run on just about anything