R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-29-2004, 03:56 AM   #1
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: republic of singapore
Posts: 56
Default GS vision pro.

anybody knows about GS vision pro 1/10 scale car?
nitro killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 06:55 PM   #2
Tech Elite
 
tkhoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Somewhere in Penang Island, Malaysia
Posts: 3,495
Trader Rating: 45 (98%+)
Send a message via MSN to tkhoo
Default Re: GS vision pro.

Quote:
Originally posted by nitro killer
anybody knows about GS vision pro 1/10 scale car?

what the problem??
tkhoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 07:32 PM   #3
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: colorado springs
Posts: 225
Default

What do you want to know about it?

4mm chassis standard, direct steering system, 3 belt drive, front and rear gear diffs (front one-way is available), universals all around.

I currently use it as a spare car, which reminds me that I need to put it back together . Handles pretty good, the suspension geometry on this car is just as good as the current set of cars on market. It is not quite as adjustable though, no changing front roll center, changing of the rear lower arm to change the rear roll center, or steering ackerman (you can mod this though). If put side by side with a MTX3 you would barely tell the difference (besides the direct steering system).

The only reason why I'm running the MTX3 Prospec now is because of the availability of GS parts (GS decided to distribute their own products) was lacking and it didn't appear that I could get parts for it anymore. Fortuneatly/unfortuneatly Horizon Hobby will be carring parts once again.
darkangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 08:00 PM   #4
Tech Elite
 
tkhoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Somewhere in Penang Island, Malaysia
Posts: 3,495
Trader Rating: 45 (98%+)
Send a message via MSN to tkhoo
Default Sell

MY FRIEND WOULD LIKE TO SELL ONE OF HIS VISION PRO KIT. IF INTEREST PLS SHOOT ME A MAIL AT [email protected]
tkhoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 08:06 PM   #5
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: republic of singapore
Posts: 56
Default

well thanx bro............ummm can u teach me how to set this car,
for the GS vision pro there's 2 diff rite......front n rear..........

for front diff what number of silicone oil i have to put in and rear diff too..................

can u teach me how to set this car coz this coming sunday i got a race here................

the track is international size and high speed track.........
nitro killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 09:38 PM   #6
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 27,205
Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by nitro killer
well thanx bro............ummm can u teach me how to set this car,
for the GS vision pro there's 2 diff rite......front n rear..........

for front diff what number of silicone oil i have to put in and rear diff too..................

can u teach me how to set this car coz this coming sunday i got a race here................

the track is international size and high speed track.........
i ran my vision pro with the stock set up but i changed the diff lube in the front with a thicker fluid (10,000) and used 5,000 in the rear.
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 09:41 PM   #7
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: republic of singapore
Posts: 56
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Marcos.S710
i ran my vision pro with the stock set up but i changed the diff lube in the front with a thicker fluid (10,000) and used 5,000 in the rear.

well what about the car setting................
nitro killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 09:46 PM   #8
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: republic of singapore
Posts: 56
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Marcos.S710
i ran my vision pro with the stock set up but i changed the diff lube in the front with a thicker fluid (10,000) and used 5,000 in the rear.
well for the the front n rear downstop how to set..........for rear i adjust to +6 and rear about +4 to 5.

well about the shock how many click do i have to turn?
nitro killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 10:07 PM   #9
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 27,205
Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by nitro killer
well for the the front n rear downstop how to set..........for rear i adjust to +6 and rear about +4 to 5.

well about the shock how many click do i have to turn?
i cant remember it was about 2 years ago since i had that car i followed the set up in the instruction,i only changed the diff fluid.
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 10:10 PM   #10
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: republic of singapore
Posts: 56
Default

anybody can help on this GS vision pro car setting................

high speed track.........
nitro killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 10:20 PM   #11
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 27,205
Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by nitro killer
anybody can help on this GS vision pro car setting................

high speed track.........
contact Garen Hagobian at GS racing he is the marketing manager and team driver for gs his email is [email protected]
he will be more than happy to help you with the set up
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 03:46 AM   #12
Tech Elite
 
rcabj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: johor, west malaysia
Posts: 4,682
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

my current setting are :

1. front diff 30,000
2. rear diff 10,000

3. front shock 3000 oil + 2 clicks + medium spring + middle shock tower
4. rear shock 3000 oil + 2 clicks + medium spring + middle shock tower

5 . ride height fr 5 mm , rear 6 mm

6. pinion 14,18 - spur 44, 48

7. bodyshell dodge stratus 2.1

u might also try out the stock setting in the manual for larger tracks and adjust from there...or u could ask garen...hope i have given u some help here
__________________
BLacK cRoW RaCiNg TeaM
JBRCC
TEAM ORANGE
RCCUTM
pemandu upahan ;)
rcabj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2004, 06:57 PM   #13
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: republic of singapore
Posts: 56
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by rcabj
my current setting are :

1. front diff 30,000
2. rear diff 10,000

3. front shock 3000 oil + 2 clicks + medium spring + middle shock tower
4. rear shock 3000 oil + 2 clicks + medium spring + middle shock tower

5 . ride height fr 5 mm , rear 6 mm

6. pinion 14,18 - spur 44, 48

7. bodyshell dodge stratus 2.1

u might also try out the stock setting in the manual for larger tracks and adjust from there...or u could ask garen...hope i have given u some help here
thanx bro.....
nitro killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2004, 07:22 PM   #14
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: colorado springs
Posts: 225
Default

Here's one with a frpmt pme-way. Basically the stock mugen mtx3 set-up.

Front
Tire 37 shore
Width 198 mm
Ride Height 6 mm
Camber -2 deg
Toe out 0.5 deg
Castor 2mm in front
Droop +2 mm (using hudy)
Diff Front one-way
Spring GS Red
Shock hole 3 click open
Shock oil Trinity 70 weight
Shock position middle


Rear
Tire 37 shote
Width 200 mm
Ride Height 7 mm
Camber -2 deg
Toe in 2.5 deg
Droop +6 mm
Rear link position lower inner on tower and upper top on knuckle
Diff oil Ofna 10000
Spring GS Red
Shock Hole 2 click open
Shock oil Trinity 70 weight
Shock Position middle

Worked pretty well for me, very stable on both cornering and straight-away
darkangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2004, 12:44 AM   #15
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: republic of singapore
Posts: 56
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by darkangel
Here's one with a frpmt pme-way. Basically the stock mugen mtx3 set-up.

Front
Tire 37 shore
Width 198 mm
Ride Height 6 mm
Camber -2 deg
Toe out 0.5 deg
Castor 2mm in front
Droop +2 mm (using hudy)
Diff Front one-way
Spring GS Red
Shock hole 3 click open
Shock oil Trinity 70 weight
Shock position middle


Rear
Tire 37 shote
Width 200 mm
Ride Height 7 mm
Camber -2 deg
Toe in 2.5 deg
Droop +6 mm
Rear link position lower inner on tower and upper top on knuckle
Diff oil Ofna 10000
Spring GS Red
Shock Hole 2 click open
Shock oil Trinity 70 weight
Shock Position middle

Worked pretty well for me, very stable on both cornering and straight-away

well thanx a lot bro................

for your info i'm driving with front and rear diff..............
it's hard for me to get the one way axle drive here..........
mostly out of stock.
nitro killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
GS vision Pro Casey Belarde Nitro On-Road 8 10-07-2010 12:57 PM
wtb: GS Vision Pro rodneybarrett R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 0 05-13-2005 03:47 PM
Gs vision Pro icyunvmyrc R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 10 06-27-2004 09:44 AM
Gs Vision Ultra_Magnus Singapore R/C Racers 3 02-17-2004 04:55 AM
GS Vision Pro (Post all your pics of Vision and all your info on it here) NeoT21 Nitro On-Road 17 08-13-2003 01:43 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:44 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net