PURSUIT PT1

Old 12-08-2007, 07:48 PM
Tech Rookie

Default PURSUIT PT1

Hi all do you want to looking the new PURSUIT PT1 running go to gratLA track thsi sunday you can see how good this new car running, Daniel alvarado is runing it and Terry deSouza to
you can see it to on Team Pursuit web saite www.pursuitracing.com
Old 12-10-2007, 12:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default GLA Toys for Tots

Hi,

My name is Daniel Alvarado and was asked by Terry DeSouza if I would be interested in running the new PT1 this past weekend. I showed up to the track on Saturday never having the seen the car in person and from first glance I will say that I was somewhat impressed by design and overall look of the car. From my understanding, the car was designed by the same engineer that designed the PRP chassis. So if by looking at the car you see some similarities, that is why. Do note that the PRP and PT1 are two entirely different cars altogether.

Unfortunately due to the weather and time contraints there was not much track time. I was able to hit the track on Saturday afternoon for the second round of qualifying. I went out on 35's all around and a base setup I thought would work given my past experience at this track. I have to admit that before having run the car I was a simply unsure about how the chassis might perform but I was immediately surprised at how well the car was worked after just a couple of laps. The car was good, real good to be honest. The car had steering, rear forward and side bite as well. It may have been a halfway decent qualifier except the motor was needing to be tuned since it had not been used all day.

So all in all, I believe this car has potential. More testing needs to and will be done in the coming weeks as to learn more about the car and what it needs. As soon as Terry gets back we will post the chassis setups on his site.

Daniel

Last edited by KOPROPO TECH; 12-11-2007 at 12:11 AM.
Old 12-13-2007, 04:16 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Pre Order your PURSUIT PT1 Today

Now you can pre order your PURSUIT PT1 today go to http://www.pursuitracing.com/index.php
Old 12-25-2007, 03:52 PM
Tech Apprentice

Just wanted to give a brief update. I performed some testing at Crystal Park last weekend. Not sure of what to expect, I left the car as I had run it the week before at the GLA Toys race. With 35's on all four corners and central body the car needed more steering on power, especially the front chicane.
The only major changes I made to the suspension was adding more castor, about .5 degree of front camber, stood up the rear sway bar, removed 1mm shim from under rear upper a-arm and added 1 degree of rear camber. The changes were one at a time until the car had the front traction it needed.
By the end of the testing, the car was able to go through the front chicane without lifting. Overall, the car was working pretty well with just a few changes. I will be posting some more updates soon.
Old 12-26-2007, 12:25 PM
Tech Master

Daniel, when will you guys bring the PT1 tour to SV Speedway
Old 12-27-2007, 06:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by 007kel
Daniel, when will you guys bring the PT1 tour to SV Speedway
Hey Kel, I expect that we will show the car sometime in January or February. Terry has some ideas lined up for next season so we will keep you updated. Hope your holidays are going well.

Daniel
Old 12-28-2007, 09:08 PM
Tech Rookie

Default PURSUIT PT1 Road Show!!

Hi all Team Pursuit will be on the first race of the year @January 12th and 13th, 2008 - Fort Myers Civic Center and the next one will be 2008 winternats - FEB. 10TH ThrOugh 16TH 2008
Old 12-30-2007, 05:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I saw the PT1 at Mike's in houston today, the build quality is there and it seems like the geometry options are there so this car should be able to compete. Can't wait to see it on a high traction day.
Old 12-30-2007, 08:47 PM
Tech Adept

Default PURSUIT-PT1 On Sale Now!!!

Any one want to get the new PURSUIT PT1 is on sale now go to www.pursuitracing.com/index.php
Old 12-30-2007, 11:58 PM
Tech Addict

Hey BRAZIL! its V hows everything! Cant wait to see your new car. Cant wait to whoop you a$$ around the track!
Old 01-01-2008, 10:38 AM
Tech Adept

Default Check the prices on Pursuit PT1 Parts!!!

now you can check the prices on pursuit PT1 parts http://www.pursuitracing.com/catalog/index.php
Old 01-03-2008, 04:21 PM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up Instruction Manual

Thanks all for your support!!!
now you can download the PURSUIT PT1 Manual www.pursuitracing.com/pt1manual.pdf
Old 01-24-2008, 11:42 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Racing Update

I hope that everyone is enjoying the new year so far. It has been a while since I posted and I wanted to catch up on some of the racing Team Pursuit has been up too these past few weeks.

At the begining of the year Terry and I headed out to Ft. Myers, Florida for the FORGASS season opener. There were quite a few drivers from different parts of the US getting ready for the Winterntionals. This was my first time to this track and it was pretty impressive. Since this would be the first major race with the PT1, their would be a lot of learning to do with a fairly limited time frame. I was working on chassis setup as well as learning what the clutch needed.

The track felt loose on Friday afternoon and by Sunday the traction had come in pretty nice. I managed to get a pretty decent setup by the third round of qualifying and while on what would be my best qual of the weekend I managed to clip the wall on the back straight taking out the right front upright. That was the first time I had hit anything all weekend and they are not lying when they say you do not want to hit anything here! But what could I expect, I was full throttle when I hit. Fortunately, I didn't break anything else the rest of the weekend. In the end, the weekend ended up being a test and tune more than anything else. The car was responsive to the changes that were being made to it throughout the weekend and in the end we had come up with a good balanced setup as well as a clutch setup that worked well too. Team Pursuit will head back to Ft. Myers in a couple of weeks for the Winternats and hopefully with what we learned on our first outing we will have a good run.

Last weekend Terry and I were off racing again but at two different tracks. Terry was back in Houston for a club race and I headed out to Vegas for the Airtronics GP. I felt more confident after having just come from Florida with some more knowledge about the car. Thankfully, the weather in Vegas was not to brutal. It was a bit chilly on Friday with a steady breeze blowing through but Sat and Sun were really nice. The track was green on Friday but like Florida, the traction gradually became better. I spent most of Friday dong some R&D, trying out some different setups and by Friday afternoon, the car was working pretty good. By the time qualifying started, I had found a nice setup for the car. I was having a problem making run time in the heats and ended up qualifying sixth overall.

The main started out good for me. I was sitting in third after a couple of laps. The car felt good and I thought that it would only get better as the tires wore a little more. Just a few minutes into the race I ran into someone who had stalled on the back straight. My car went airborne and landed upside down. Just as the car landed someone came by at full bore and drilled my car. As I drove the car back to the pits, something felt wrong. I ran down to see what the damage might be and didn't find any. It wasn't until I came home did I find the front bumper had been bent down and was dragging causing the car to feel different than it had been before I hit the parked car.
I have to say that I was impressed by the durability of the car. First with me driving into someone and second with my car getting hit by someone else.
By the end, I had driven some good hard laps after I got used to the car again. I was able to put the car anywhere on the track I wanted. After the crash on the backstraight, I just wanted to finish the race. I believe I finished 5th overall. Good job to Terry too. I spoke to Terry after the race and he told me had finished third over in Houston.

The Vegas race showed me that the PT1 is adaptable to different track layouts and surfaces. And after running both Vegas and Ft. Myers I learned that the setup is fairly easy to find too. I will get the setups for both tracks posted asap on www.pursuitracing.com.

I wanted to tell Gus from Utah Thank You for pitting me in the main. Thanks also to Walter Diaz and Mark "I only wear shorts in the winter" Cruz for their help and congrats to Walter and Mark for taking the wins in Vegas.

Last edited by Danny A.; 01-25-2008 at 09:45 AM.
Old 01-28-2008, 07:11 PM
Tech Regular

Team Pursuit will be at SVM Raceway this coming weekend. Track will be prepped and there will be practice Saturday and racing on Sunday. This will be the first time we run the PT1 at SVM and look forward to everyone coming out to join us.
Old 02-01-2008, 04:08 PM
Tech Regular

Default Sun Valley Race this weekend

Just in case you didnt already know, the race date for this weekend has been changed from Sunday to Saturday. Rain is expected on Sunday so it has been decided to run on Saturday instead. Track will be cleaned and prepped with VHT. Signups at 9:00 racing starts at 10.30
See you there.

Danny

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.