Capricorn LAB C801 1/8 scale

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Capricorn LAB C801 1/8 scale

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2011, 12:01 AM
Tech Elite

Default There's aluminium and there's Aluminium..

Having been dominated by Capricorn tourers on their home track have no doubt they will make a competetive car as well. Many cars have evolved similarly, as for Alu bulkheads, no they wont break, Alu is brittle and stiff, Ive even drilled a steel screw out of a losi with a makita handrill and didnt even scratch it. There is however Alu that seems more to be like recycled soft drink cans...

I doubt theres gonna be any of that on the 1/8. Witnessed local top runners dial in a pair of Shepherd V8's, waiting onr the Capricorn, is the 1/8 coming out soon ?

Would be cool if before August.
Old 02-23-2011, 12:11 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by blis
Having been dominated by Capricorn tourers on their home track have no doubt they will make a competetive car as well. Many cars have evolved similarly, as for Alu bulkheads, no they wont break, Alu is brittle and stiff, Ive even drilled a steel screw out of a losi with a makita handrill and didnt even scratch it. There is however Alu that seems more to be like recycled soft drink cans...

I doubt theres gonna be any of that on the 1/8. Witnessed local top runners dial in a pair of Shepherd V8's, waiting onr the Capricorn, is the 1/8 coming out soon ?

without being an expert on the manufacturing of these cars, if the alu they use is aircraft grade then it is quite flexible and can bend. Having said that, it should have far higher tensile strength than plastic parts so it should be far more durable in the end.
Old 02-23-2011, 05:02 AM
Tech Adept

Why go aluminum??

Cheaper to produce...
Easier to make modifications... (Change design)
Profit on replacements can be twice the cost...
Perfect Eye candy for all those who like "looks"...

A few years back, manufacturers wanted to make engine mounts lighter... Now today they want to make them heavier...

A few years back, the bigger the heat sink, the better... Now every one is trying to make them as low and small as possible...

They just produce what the market wants or expects...
Old 02-23-2011, 05:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wingracer
Any pics? I'd like to see that.
Sorry no link. Go to www.forgass.com look at the left bar. You will see the last state race in Homestead, click pictures. I got some real good shots.
Old 02-23-2011, 05:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by blis

Yes it will way before August. Mid march
Old 02-23-2011, 09:31 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dj apolaro
At the moment I do not know. I will find out more today or tomorrow as to what is the update. I will say that if I get the car, I might have to go to Homestead the same weekend to test it out for the Worlds. The track is closing for a few weeks and will not open again till that same weekend. That might be my first chance to even test the car. Will have to see.

DJ
DJ
When you get the car and start assembling can you take pictures and post at different stages?

I am currently using a Kyosho M3 with a Mugen Clutch.
I would be interested to know if I could still use the mugen clutch ( will it mesh with the Capricorn gears)
I have a ton of spare Kyosho spur gears will they work with the Capricorn 2 speed? Look forward to hear your comments on the car.
Old 02-23-2011, 09:51 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bmclean
DJ
When you get the car and start assembling can you take pictures and post at different stages?

I am currently using a Kyosho M3 with a Mugen Clutch.
I would be interested to know if I could still use the mugen clutch ( will it mesh with the Capricorn gears)
I have a ton of spare Kyosho spur gears will they work with the Capricorn 2 speed? Look forward to hear your comments on the car.
I will see. There is a chance that I will get the car already built, but not sure.

DJ
Old 02-28-2011, 09:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Hey DJ your 1/8th arrive yet?
Old 02-28-2011, 02:30 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Serpent-Dan
Hey DJ your 1/8th arrive yet?
Not yet! Not sure when it is coming at the moment. Will just have to wait and see....

DJ Apolaro
Old 03-06-2011, 06:10 PM
Tech Regular

Any further news on this car.

Will it be ready for the worlds?
Old 03-06-2011, 08:46 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dougday
Any further news on this car.

Will it be ready for the worlds?

Dj
any new on the 1/8
& will you be running 1/10 at Kissimmee KRaceway ??
Old 03-07-2011, 03:43 AM
Tech Elite

No update news on the 1/8. Yeah, It appears I will be running the sedan at Kissimmee. Already booked the travel.

DJ Apolaro
Old 03-09-2011, 03:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Kits will be send out on 15th of march!!.

So everyone interested get your orders in quickly to have your car before the start of the season.
Old 03-17-2011, 10:27 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by dj apolaro
Not yet! Not sure when it is coming at the moment. Will just have to wait and see....

DJ Apolaro
tomorrow i make the shipment
your car is ready here
Attached Thumbnails Capricorn LAB C801 1/8 scale-c801-dj.jpg  
Old 03-17-2011, 10:39 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by CapricornRC
tomorrow i make the shipment
your car is ready here
NICE..... I should get it Monday and I will post some close up photo's when I do.

It took me a minute, but it looks like the motor and pulley are way different. I had to take a double take.

DJ

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.