R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-04-2012, 06:35 AM   #736
asc
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 29
Default

Thanks Capricorn, this is the answer I was looking for. It's funny however that the standard hook doesn't seem to fit Capricorn's own tires?

Crashnco thanks for your reply, I have flanges on opposite sides exactly how it is shown in the manual and the rear axle is set in the 'b' position (standard) on both sides. I have disassembled the rear end multiple times to try and rectify this, however the belt always seems to want to ride off to the side of the rear pulley, and I can't understand why.

I am worried that if I run the car like this it will strip the belt or pulley..
asc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 08:33 AM   #737
Tech Regular
 
P2gee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: TX
Posts: 378
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by asc View Post
.....on both sides. I have disassembled the rear end multiple times to try and rectify this, however the belt always seems to want to ride off to the side of the rear pulley, and I can't understand why.

I am worried that if I run the car like this it will strip the belt or pulley..
I am assuming you belt is running off the rear pulley. You may just need to adjust the front pulley driver over to the left a little bit. Just make sure the grub screw stays on the jack-shaft flat when you do this.
__________________
Airtronics M-12
BYRONS Gen2 fuel
Capricorn C802
www.motorists.org
P2gee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 10:51 AM   #738
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 34
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapricornRC View Post
the front hook are perfect for the matrix tires
for all other brand short hook 2064b
I have the hook problem with original matrix carbon tires. How much shorter are the 2064b hooks?
crashnco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 10:59 AM   #739
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 34
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by asc View Post
Thanks Capricorn, this is the answer I was looking for. It's funny however that the standard hook doesn't seem to fit Capricorn's own tires?

Crashnco thanks for your reply, I have flanges on opposite sides exactly how it is shown in the manual and the rear axle is set in the 'b' position (standard) on both sides. I have disassembled the rear end multiple times to try and rectify this, however the belt always seems to want to ride off to the side of the rear pulley, and I can't understand why.

I am worried that if I run the car like this it will strip the belt or pulley..
Here is a link where you can see the mounting of a C801 in pictures.

http://www.yome3000.com/forums-lire.php?id=7968&f=2

It's a very interesting site (in french)
crashnco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 02:13 AM   #740
Tech Adept
 
RC-Netshop.dk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 182
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashnco View Post
Here is a link where you can see the mounting of a C801 in pictures.

http://www.yome3000.com/forums-lire.php?id=7968&f=2

It's a very interesting site (in french)
I had the same problem first time I build a C801.. I fixed it by a little spacer between pulley and pulley holder... In later kits I build there wasnt the same problem, one time I just flipped the rear belt 180 degress and problem solved...

Otherwise amazing car, handles really well... So balanced
__________________
http://rc-netshop.dk/en/

Capricorn, REDS, CRC, Orcan, JP GIMAR, Ielasi Tuned, Tesla, JQ, Sanwa
RC-Netshop.dk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 07:22 AM   #741
asc
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 29
Default

Thanks for the suggestions. I tried flipping the belt and moving the pulley on the 2 speed shaft, however it is hard up against the circlip/eclip so it can't move any further to the left. The belt still slips off.

Interestingly, the side to side play in the rear axle seems to have disappeared somewhere in the disassembly/reassembly.. I guess I'll just have to try and run the car like this and see how it goes...
asc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 09:48 AM   #742
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Moreno Valley, Ca.
Posts: 1,937
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to motojon
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by asc View Post
Thanks for the suggestions. I tried flipping the belt and moving the pulley on the 2 speed shaft, however it is hard up against the circlip/eclip so it can't move any further to the left. The belt still slips off.

Interestingly, the side to side play in the rear axle seems to have disappeared somewhere in the disassembly/reassembly.. I guess I'll just have to try and run the car like this and see how it goes...
I know i had this problem when i built mine.....i had to sand down the rear pulley on the left side a little so there was some play when everything was put together
__________________
My Gpa(RIP)
motojon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 10:49 AM   #743
Tech Adept
 
RC-Netshop.dk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 182
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by asc View Post
Thanks for the suggestions. I tried flipping the belt and moving the pulley on the 2 speed shaft, however it is hard up against the circlip/eclip so it can't move any further to the left. The belt still slips off.

Interestingly, the side to side play in the rear axle seems to have disappeared somewhere in the disassembly/reassembly.. I guess I'll just have to try and run the car like this and see how it goes...
Sometimes its a bit difficult to explain correctly what is meant, but if the spacer are installed as I meant there will be no problem with the circlip spacing and belt trouble is solved. I'll try to take a picture tomorrow and post it :-)...

Thanks
__________________
http://rc-netshop.dk/en/

Capricorn, REDS, CRC, Orcan, JP GIMAR, Ielasi Tuned, Tesla, JQ, Sanwa
RC-Netshop.dk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 05:13 PM   #744
asc
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 29
Default

Thanks that would be great!
asc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 06:20 AM   #745
Tech Master
 
chicky03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 1,993
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to chicky03
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by asc View Post
Thanks for the suggestions. I tried flipping the belt and moving the pulley on the 2 speed shaft, however it is hard up against the circlip/eclip so it can't move any further to the left. The belt still slips off.

Interestingly, the side to side play in the rear axle seems to have disappeared somewhere in the disassembly/reassembly.. I guess I'll just have to try and run the car like this and see how it goes...
Check the eccenter in the rear bulk heads and make sure the tab is in the same position left and right.
__________________
Serpent America, Picco, Desoto Racing, Motiv, J Concepts, Nitro Pro fuel, PT RC Racing Oils, TQ Wire(best wire ever!), BSR tires, Arrowmax, Xceed, Sanwa, Amain Hobbies, MIP, Getcustomized, EZ Customs
chicky03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 03:50 AM   #746
asc
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 29
Default

Does anyone have any pictures or instructions on assembling the reverse clutch?

My kit came with one but something seems wrong. Is there supposed to be 2 bearings in total or 3? If I install it with the 2 10x5x4 bearings supplied with it, I need more than 2mm of shims on the outside to take all of the end play out. Is there something missing?
asc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 04:42 AM   #747
Tech Elite
 
dj apolaro's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Miami, Fl.
Posts: 2,399
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by asc View Post
Does anyone have any pictures or instructions on assembling the reverse clutch?

My kit came with one but something seems wrong. Is there supposed to be 2 bearings in total or 3? If I install it with the 2 10x5x4 bearings supplied with it, I need more than 2mm of shims on the outside to take all of the end play out. Is there something missing?
It is just the 2 bearings and then you add shims for the gap to make it what you are looking for. I use .8 GAP with the super hard spring. I to have to tighten the spring down just to check the gap, as the bell needs to be completely against the shoe and that is the only way I see possible. I then tighten that super hard spring to only .2 of thread showing. I then just make sure there is very little end play.

DJ Apolaro
__________________
Capricorn RC, Capricorn Tires, Novarossi World, Spektrum, Horizon Hobby, PROTOform, RCTarget, IGT8.
dj apolaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 05:13 AM   #748
asc
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 29
Default

Thanks, is it normal to have to use so many shims to remove the play? without any shims in front of the thrust bearing the clutchbell can move backwards and forwards >2mm (not 0.2mm but 2mm)
asc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 05:17 AM   #749
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Denmark
Posts: 56
Default

I have bought 3 reverse clutch kit as optionparts, and am not using anaything else. I have also noticed, that it need a bit more shims to adjust the end play than the normal clutch. I typically have to use between 1.2 and 1.4 mm of shims.

How many shims you need to adjust the end play is affected by the distance between the crank case and the flywheel (wich ideally should be close to 0.5 mm) and the cluch bell cab (wich you typivally adjust in the range from 0.5 to 1.0 mm regarding to wich spring you use, the level of bite, the track layout and the engines torque in the low rpm range).

So it seems to be ok what you are dooing

Best wishes; Jens


Quote:
Originally Posted by asc View Post
Does anyone have any pictures or instructions on assembling the reverse clutch?

My kit came with one but something seems wrong. Is there supposed to be 2 bearings in total or 3? If I install it with the 2 10x5x4 bearings supplied with it, I need more than 2mm of shims on the outside to take all of the end play out. Is there something missing?
jensroland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 01:52 PM   #750
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 20
Smile

Hello ,

I just bought a new capricorn ,but before i was driving mugen MRX5 for 2 years and i know everything about Mugen , but about capricorn i don't know too much .
What is the distance for body Protoform prf18 ?
What is the parts that braking faster then other and what about belts.
What is the best solution to hide all cables from servos ? Is there any radiobox that possible to adapt for this car ?

Thank you!
Skem61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:41 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net