R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 04-07-2012, 05:54 AM   #646
Tech Initiate

Finally its finished, well almost. Here it is, red billet alloy parts, red washers and all titanium screws everywhere. All I need to do is find some red fuel line.

All i have to do is lenghten the rear shocks somehow to give me more suspension travel, i know there is that extended carbon fibre body bracket but i want it to start at the highest point.
Attached Thumbnails
Capricorn LAB C801 1/8 scale-sdc10943.jpg   Capricorn LAB C801 1/8 scale-sdc10944.jpg   Capricorn LAB C801 1/8 scale-sdc10945.jpg   Capricorn LAB C801 1/8 scale-sdc10946.jpg  
Clinker42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 05:38 PM   #647
Tech Initiate

Default Latest kit

Deleted

Last edited by monaro; 04-16-2012 at 05:51 PM. Reason: Double post
monaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 05:46 PM   #648
Tech Initiate

Default Latest kit

I can se the mainshaft is the new black coated, and the chassis is the WC-edition ... and it has a extra hole for the exhaustspring holder

Hi guys
Buying a c801 and would like to know what comes standed in the kit
Eg Kevlar pulleys also do all the latest kits come with the above new stuff
Just making sure I'm getting the latest kit don't want to buy it an a new one is already out there thanks in advance sk
monaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 03:06 AM   #649
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by monaro View Post
I can se the mainshaft is the new black coated, and the chassis is the WC-edition ... and it has a extra hole for the exhaustspring holder

Hi guys
Buying a c801 and would like to know what comes standed in the kit
Eg Kevlar pulleys also do all the latest kits come with the above new stuff
Just making sure I'm getting the latest kit don't want to buy it an a new one is already out there thanks in advance sk
Hi,

All new kits that we have on stock are delivered with the above mentioned new parts (WC Chassis, Hard Coated 2speed, Kevlar Pulleys always been standard)...

Send me an email if you want a deal on a kit :-).... At sales(at)rc-netshop.dk or nikolaj(at)rc-netshop.dk...

Thanks,

Niko

Capricorn, REDS, CRC, Orcan, JP GIMAR, Ielasi Tuned, Tesla, JQ, Sanwa
RC-Netshop.dk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 07:44 AM   #650
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by yappy View Post
speed6 ,

the 3x16 screws that you said were loose ( they go through the red sleeve and connects to the inner bulkhead ), possibly was your problem.

did you try again after you tighten them? for me when i ran my c801 without the screws and sleeves attached , i stripped 2nd gears.

i didn't connect them just to see how the car would react..
Hey people the screws screwed me Problem solved and now I installed longer screws just to be sure. We had a day event with top local drivers and came second and not first because of a mistake I did due to worn front tires and chassis grinding = heavy under steer still enjoyed it.
speed6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 02:14 PM   #651
Tech Addict

Hey guys what do you think it's best to do to get more traction on a quite bumby / dirty track which is quite slippery.
I also think that my 1st is to low as I really have wheel spin, is this normal?
Old 04-25-2012, 04:43 AM   #652
Tech Elite

Try starting with the first gear of 61 with a 20 pinion. This will help your rear traction also.

For the chassis try the run the softest rear sway bar with the 2 hole pistons and 55wt oil. Then use the red springs and raise them 1 hole from the bottom.

Also try to remove 1 or 2mm from the rear camber link to make the link have more of a straight angle. This will help with on power traction. It will hurt your off power traction a little and you will also loose some rotation as well.

Hope this helps,

DJ Apolaro
Old 04-25-2012, 03:50 PM   #653
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj apolaro View Post
Try starting with the first gear of 61 with a 20 pinion. This will help your rear traction also.

For the chassis try the run the softest rear sway bar with the 2 hole pistons and 55wt oil. Then use the red springs and raise them 1 hole from the bottom.

Also try to remove 1 or 2mm from the rear camber link to make the link have more of a straight angle. This will help with on power traction. It will hurt your off power traction a little and you will also loose some rotation as well.

Hope this helps,

DJ Apolaro
Hey Dj can't afford to loose off power steering as I am already suffering a lot of grip up front. Re RED springs all round wouldn't they be to soft? Thought of going with the black but I noticed that they are much shorter.
Old 04-25-2012, 04:02 PM   #654
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed6 View Post
Hey Dj can't afford to loose off power steering as I am already suffering a lot of grip up front. Re RED springs all round wouldn't they be to soft? Thought of going with the black but I noticed that they are much shorter.
Reds in the rear and less angle will make more grip in the rear and will not be too soft. I have run this before on a track that had to much front bite.
I would use the White mugen or capricorn blue front springs and Reds in the rear. Lay the front down and up one in the rear. Also use the flat front sway bar to help with the stability. Maybe even give it a 45 degree angle.

Trust me it is worth a try.

Question; I assume you meant to say you can not afford to loose off power stability and not steering, since you are saying you have too much front grip. Am I correct or is it under steering going in.

For the bumpy track also try to drill the piston holes to 1mm. This will help a lot over the bumps.

Good luck,

DJ Apolaro
Old 04-25-2012, 04:32 PM   #655
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj apolaro View Post
Reds in the rear and less angle will make more grip in the rear and will not be too soft. I have run this before on a track that had to much front bite.
I would use the White mugen or capricorn blue front springs and Reds in the rear. Lay the front down and up one in the rear. Also use the flat front sway bar to help with the stability. Maybe even give it a 45 degree angle.

Trust me it is worth a try.

Question; I assume you meant to say you can not afford to loose off power stability and not steering, since you are saying you have too much front grip. Am I correct or is it under steering going in.

For the bumpy track also try to drill the piston holes to 1mm. This will help a lot over the bumps.

Good luck,

DJ Apolaro
I meant off power steering, I don't have enough grip car is really lazy around corners off power. Re red spring will give them a try even upfront?
Old 04-29-2012, 01:29 AM   #656
Tech Addict

What about the NEW Part?

z30 pulley kit lab c801

http://www.capricornrc.com/capricorn...d_product=1735

Thanks
Old 05-02-2012, 10:43 AM   #657
Tech Rookie

Hello, you already try the bodywork PFR18? when do you think?
rif5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 02:42 PM   #658
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

DJ.
Capricorn shock oil do you know how it translate to Mugen or Xray.
Example Capricorn 60 might be what in Mugen or Xray.

Thanks
2011 Roar Nats 1/8th Open, 5th
2012 GLC 1/8th Open Q7 Finish 5th, 2013 GLC 1/8th Open Q4 Finish 7th
Vector03cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 03:36 PM   #659
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector03cobra View Post
DJ.
Capricorn shock oil do you know how it translate to Mugen or Xray.
Example Capricorn 60 might be what in Mugen or Xray.

Thanks
Great question have been trying to ask but always forget
Old 05-08-2012, 03:46 PM   #660
Tech Addict

Default More goodies from Capricorn's 801

Hey guys more upgrades for the 801

http://www.redrc.net/2012/05/caprico...ns/#more-54771

Anyone could shed some light on what the pro and cons of using an upper deck with such a cut out.

Thanks