Community
Wiki Posts
Search

3rd Annual KO Propo Nitro Grand Prix Feb.24-27

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2011, 11:27 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Can't find physical address to the track online....can somebody please post it for me?
Old 02-14-2011, 12:57 PM
wad
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gwilli2001us
Great raceday and hope everybody had a good time, unfortunately due to a few that still do not seem to get it, after the KO Propo and RCX races, we will be suspending all events until further notice. We were up late last night trying to hash out soloutions and right now we need the time to figure some things out.
Hi Glenn,

Could you please explain about this?
I know people who just spend money to get cars ready to race at Greater LA, and now they are worried that the track will closed down..
Old 02-14-2011, 01:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 184 (99%+)

Originally Posted by wad
Hi Glenn,

Could you please explain about this?
I know people who just spend money to get cars ready to race at Greater LA, and now they are worried that the track will closed down..

+1 walter
Old 02-14-2011, 01:48 PM
Tech Regular

Just want to say that Glen's comments regarding the suspension of racing at the transit center has absolutely nothing to do with the KO Propo race itself. The race is scheduled to be held as planned. Sorry if there was any confusion.

If you have concerns about future racing at the transit center please take that up with Glen directly.

Brian
Old 02-14-2011, 02:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Glen thanks for the information but if you were going to post it why not give more detail information you left it with a lot of questions.
Old 02-14-2011, 04:38 PM
Tech Elite

just ? did glenn get support with track removal could be it just sayin
Old 02-14-2011, 05:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

I started traveling to LA to race last year, break down of the track seem to always be an issue, which in my mind was simple solution, which was just to charge more for entry fee, take the extra $$ go across the street hire 5 guys for 2 hours of labor and be done with it.

Now I am sure some people are going to say (what entry fee more?) but these are same pepole who spend 50 60$ on pipes ect.

I am not saying this is reason why Glen might have posted his comments, but for sure this is an issue the club has to look at and make changes so every one can injoy the day, knowing that the track breakdown is being handled, with extra entry fees. Just my opinion
Old 02-14-2011, 05:21 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Robert R
I started traveling to LA to race last year, break down of the track seem to always be an issue, which in my mind was simple solution, which was just to charge more for entry fee, take the extra $$ go across the street hire 5 guys for 2 hours of labor and be done with it.

Now I am sure some people are going to say (what entry fee more?) but these are same peoe who spend 50 60$ on pipes ect.

I am not saying this is reason why Glen might have posted his comments, but for sure this is an issue the club has to look at and make changes so every one can injoy the day, knowing that the track breakdown is being handled, with extra entry fees. Just my opinion
i wasnt there i was just speculating it could be totaly off base
Old 02-14-2011, 05:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

either way we should move this to another thread. This is about the KO Race.

Brian the layout was fun, always like to see changes keeps everyone on there feet. The racing is going to be fun. see you in couple of weeks.
Old 02-14-2011, 05:39 PM
Tech Regular

Now I am sure some people are going to say (what entry fee more?) but these are same pepole who spend 50 60$ on pipes ect.

just my 2 cents of the matter and it should shine some light on the topic. I was there last night and I believe the reason why Glenn posted what he posted was because after the 1/8th scale main, 5th scale was up next and it was a 30 min main. After the five minute mark of the race there was only two guys remaining as turn marshalls for the 5th scale race.

Now on defense of the guys that were suppose to turn marshall, it was 5:30 or 6:00, so it was pretty late and we had a few guys from out of town and I know they had there stuff packed and ready to go so they can get home in a decent time.

I dont understand why it made it to the internet and I don't understand why it made it to this thread. This is a internal club problem that needs to be fixed by the officials of the club.

I know I'm not going the hear the end of this.... but I believe it could had been handled differently.

So for all those who are planning on coming to the Ko Propo Nitro Grand Prix get ready to have a great time of racing and fun.

Thanks in advance
Brian Thomas
Old 02-14-2011, 05:43 PM
Tech Regular

either way we should move this to another thread. This is about the KO Race.

Brian the layout was fun, always like to see changes keeps everyone on there feet. The racing is going to be fun. see you in couple of weeks.
Thanks Robert, just trying to make it interesting for everyone and make racing fun.
Old 02-14-2011, 07:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I had fun getting ready for the KO grand prix..
Old 02-14-2011, 08:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I had fun too and am looking forward to the KO race.... as long as work doesn't get into the way. I like the new layout and my car seemed to like it as well.
Old 02-14-2011, 08:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

[QUOTE=bmain57;8653349]just my 2 cents of the matter and it should shine some light on the topic. I was there last night and I believe the reason why Glenn posted what he posted was because after the 1/8th scale main, 5th scale was up next and it was a 30 min main. After the five minute mark of the race there was only two guys remaining as turn marshalls for the 5th scale race.

Now on defense of the guys that were suppose to turn marshall, it was 5:30 or 6:00, so it was pretty late and we had a few guys from out of town and I know they had there stuff packed and ready to go so they can get home in a decent time.

I dont understand why it made it to the internet and I don't understand why it made it to this thread. This is a internal club problem that needs to be fixed by the officials of the club.

I think there is alot of rules that need to be changed to help the issue out, like start time for the race, I think race time should start no later than 9:30 AM, I know some people show up late, I have to say to bad maybe next time for you. We travel 300 miles and everytime we are one of the first people there, always there by 7:30 am. These time rules to be set in place and be stuck to. Rules like this and trun marshall rules are never really inforced, then people get upset but the truth is it all goes back to who is in control.

I know some people will have issue with start time or closed sign up certian time but if they want to race bad enough they will be there in time to sign up. more 2 cents
Old 02-14-2011, 08:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Sorry Brian

There has been thread started in Racing Fourm (glarc)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.