Search
Like Tree3Likes

Kyosho v-one r4!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2011, 02:16 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by speed6
Soooooo finally i manged to ru the R4.

The 2nd didn't want to engage and yes everything was clean and degreased.
I ended up unscrewing almost half a turn more than the manual says in order to kick in, but the screws are touching a bit the aluminium housing and obviosly did some grooving. Also it doesn't feel consistent sometimes it shifts with certain revs someother times it shift earlier etc....
After cleaing the car i took out and inspected the 2nd for the (around) 15th time and smoothened the screws in order not to touch.

On our local track the cars still feels that needs more steering.

In order to get better steering i did the following:

I installed softer shock (light blue) lighter oil 300wt vs the stock 400wt
Installed front shocks on the lower hole of shock tower.
Caster with out spacers up front.
Moved the rear shocks to an upper hole by one space.
Reduced a bit the toe in in the rear ( 0.25 degree )
Running 37 front and 40 rear

I still want some more steering and thought of the follwing:

I am thinking of going for harder springs in the rear (dark blue) with 450 wt shock oil.

Less Toe in in the rear but might be not stable.

Running 35 Front and 40 rear

What do you suggest?

Thanks
You can use 100.000 silicone oil at rear diff. I will try 200.000 xray rear... Also you can use 4mm spacer under the rear hubs links...
Old 06-06-2011, 12:45 PM
Tech Initiate

HI I RECENTLY BUY MY KIT AND START TO BUILT. EVERYTHING IS OK UNTIL I START TO BUILT THE TRANSMISSION. I NOTICE THAT THE BEARING IN THE 2ND GEAR IS LOOSE IN THE VZ430 THAT'S THE PART NUMBER. I DON'T KNOW IS THERE SOMETHING WRONG WITH THAT PART OR SOMETHING BAD WITH THE BEARING. I TRIED OTHER BEARING WITH THE SAME DIAMETER FROM MY OLD RRR AND ITS THE SAME THING.. THANKS FOR ANY HELP..

YUKIYU CALL ME 787-615-1169
Old 06-06-2011, 01:17 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Angel Santiago
HI I RECENTLY BUY MY KIT AND START TO BUILT. EVERYTHING IS OK UNTIL I START TO BUILT THE TRANSMISSION. I NOTICE THAT THE BEARING IN THE 2ND GEAR IS LOOSE IN THE VZ430 THAT'S THE PART NUMBER. I DON'T KNOW IS THERE SOMETHING WRONG WITH THAT PART OR SOMETHING BAD WITH THE BEARING. I TRIED OTHER BEARING WITH THE SAME DIAMETER FROM MY OLD RRR AND ITS THE SAME THING.. THANKS FOR ANY HELP..

It's not a problem. Is working that way. Different than RRR.
Old 06-06-2011, 03:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Yeah this is totally normal. Mine is very loose also and flops around a bit but it works fine and I have not stripped any gears and I have ran the car for around 8 days now.

Just make sure you mesh the gears as tight as possible like on the RRR but without it binding.
Old 06-06-2011, 04:30 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by nikoskar
It's not a problem. Is working that way. Different than RRR.
Its not right... You must put o spacer between the 1st and 2nd gear. the gap is very big and the 2nd gear touch the 1st gear resulting in some times cutting 2nd gears... the spacer must put not at the axle but above to the 1st oneway. I use a plastic spacer from....RRR pulley set. I Drill the hole and also use a sandpaper to make the spacer thinner. Thikness must be around 1-1.5mm...
Transmition works good. The only think needs when its new is to use a thin sandpaper to scrach a little the 2nd gear bell and shoes. Also 2nd gear bearing-bell-shoes must be completely clean from grease-oils...
Old 06-06-2011, 10:39 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by peteR4
Its not right... You must put o spacer between the 1st and 2nd gear. the gap is very big and the 2nd gear touch the 1st gear resulting in some times cutting 2nd gears... the spacer must put not at the axle but above to the 1st oneway. I use a plastic spacer from....RRR pulley set. I Drill the hole and also use a sandpaper to make the spacer thinner. Thikness must be around 1-1.5mm...
Transmition works good. The only think needs when its new is to use a thin sandpaper to scrach a little the 2nd gear bell and shoes. Also 2nd gear bearing-bell-shoes must be completely clean from grease-oils...
ok.

Last edited by nikoskar; 06-07-2011 at 02:08 AM.
Old 06-07-2011, 11:10 AM
Tech Initiate

Angry

Thank you guys for your tips I hope that i can run the car these weekend because there is a lot of rain in Puerto Rico........

I'm going to try the shim in the transmission ......
Old 06-07-2011, 04:12 PM
Tech Initiate

Thank you guys for your tips I hope that i can run the car these weekend because there is a lot of rain in Puerto Rico........

I'm going to try the shim in the transmission ......
Now its time to say us your tips for a good rain setup!!
Old 06-07-2011, 08:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Have a friend who is looking to off load a really nice pkg
1 R4 with 3 races on it
1 R4 Kit
over $700 in parts
$1,200 shipped pm for pics
Old 06-07-2011, 11:01 PM
Tech Regular

because there is a lot of rain in Puerto Rico........
Stay home and sleep.
Old 06-08-2011, 02:37 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by GMartinez
1 R4 with 3 races on it
1 R4 Kit
over $700 in parts
Another happy user of that car...
Old 06-08-2011, 06:07 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GMartinez
1 R4 with 3 races on it
1 R4 Kit
over $700 in parts
Someone tapping out already!!!lol
Old 06-08-2011, 08:01 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by peteR4
Now its time to say us your tips for a good rain setup!!

Usually in the Caribbean there's a lot of sun all the year, in these days there is some bad weather around us. Is raining for about 2 weeks. Next Sunday is the next race for our local track. I'm running kyosho car for about 8 years fw-05rr, rrr, rrr evo until now with lot of confidence in the kyosho cars. I'm going to try the new r-4 to see if i make better laps time than the RRR evo. As i said and see in some forums that there are some issues that make the car something to think about it like the diff issues and the 2nd spur gear, eventually I see good potential in this car. I'm going to post every tips that i made in mine very soon...

And its still rain the next Sunday i prefer to run my inferno gt that is a class that it is strong in here . the past race ill make the t.q but the rain goes on and they cancelled the race
Old 06-08-2011, 08:48 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by blount
Someone tapping out already!!!lol
Lol....
Old 06-08-2011, 11:30 AM
Tech Regular

Regarding the shimming of the diffs. Please look at the last page of the manual (the parts page) and you'll she that the UM610 code the shims are 0,50mm and not 0,10mm or 0,15mm that are including in the kit.

If you have any problem you could add shims to bottom and top, then close the diff and check if it spins.Add shims as many as when you add 0.1mm more the diff not working free.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.