Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Kyosho v-one r4!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2010, 06:55 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Kyosho m3 evo will win the 1/8 scale worlds again this year. New track same results. Kyosho rules in the Niro class when is the last time serpent won a worlds championship in anything???? Thr cars may change and the drivers may jump ship to another team but the results stay the same team red kyosho #1
Old 12-16-2010, 03:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by quietstorm76
You gonna need it for the Winter Nats!!!!
Are you one here to steal the designs cause you know Kyosho is the company to beat?
Old 12-22-2010, 09:16 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default UPDATES!!!

Prized features of the RRR such as the velvet coated shocks, racing brake discs and the 3D racing clutch have been retained to complete a list of high-grade features not seen on any other machine.

Note from Kikuchi

Shocks:
Features the same velvet coated shocks that are included on RRR Shimo Edition. Lap times have been shown to improve by simply switching to these shocks.

Brakes:
Proven performance of existing pads will be retained. Features the same brake discs with cooling holes included on the Shimo Edition.

Carbon parts:
Upper deck is 2mm thick. Most other models use 2.5mm thickness, but the twist characteristics have been shown as superior with 2mm. Shock stays feature new shock mounting positions and a new shape that delivers greater rigidity. Front is 2.5mm thickness and rear is 3mm. (Belt tensioner and battery plate are also 2.5mm thick carbon.)

Main chassis:
New design chassis is made from carefully machined 7075-T6 premium grade aluminum. This specific alloy features a lot of "memory," which resists flex and returns to its original shape more strongly than weaker alloys. It's not easily bent like the material used in most other machines in its class.

Fuel tank:
New design. This was in response to driver demands for faster fuel filling. The underside of the fuel cap has been lowered without affecting distance between the bottom of the tank and fuel input hole, while maintaining the tank’s low center of gravity. Fuel cap has been adapted from the EVOLVA M3.

source Kyosho

Note from Kikuchi

Front & Rear bulkheads and suspension arms:
Contrary to most cars using aluminium, the front and rear bulkheads have been completely redeveloped in plastic. Aside from adding extra cost, aluminum bulkheads gradually add structural stress and can result in an element of insecurity for the user. Therefore plastic was judged to produce the best results.
The new design of the rear bulkhead separates the supporting structures of the diff and the main shaft to control rigidity and deliver smoother function. Only the suspension block is aluminum and allows the position of the suspension pin to be adjusted by changing bushings. Also, by inserting a spacer into the suspension block, the suspension pin can be lifted 1mm. The front diff design allows for fast and easy removal.
Also, redesign of the middle shaft mount allows easy replacement of the front belt. New suspension arms allow the wheelbase to be adjusted by 2mm. The height of the front upper arm mountings can also be adjusted through replacement of bushings.
source Kyosho

Rear suspension mount bushings can be changed for precision geometry settings and the front-rear adjustability of the wheelbase are just an indication of the wide range of setup options available.

Note from Kikuchi

Geometry:
Extensive testing has resulted in new suspension geometry that will better handle high-traction situations, which maximizes the benefits of the significantly lower CG, while reducing roll potential from high-traction situations. The result is significant improvements to the front/rear roll balance.

source Kyosho
Old 12-22-2010, 02:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default r-4

I would also add that the top deck is 5mm lower then the evo2 and the diffs are smaller and the 2 speed shaft is lighter so this car will definately spool up quicker much like the capr. and the nt-1
Old 12-28-2010, 02:19 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Support?

Originally Posted by blount
Prized features of the RRR such as the velvet coated shocks, racing brake discs and the 3D racing clutch have been retained to complete a list of high-grade features not seen on any other machine.

Note from Kikuchi

Shocks:
Features the same velvet coated shocks that are included on RRR Shimo Edition. Lap times have been shown to improve by simply switching to these shocks.

Brakes:
Proven performance of existing pads will be retained. Features the same brake discs with cooling holes included on the Shimo Edition.

Carbon parts:
Upper deck is 2mm thick. Most other models use 2.5mm thickness, but the twist characteristics have been shown as superior with 2mm. Shock stays feature new shock mounting positions and a new shape that delivers greater rigidity. Front is 2.5mm thickness and rear is 3mm. (Belt tensioner and battery plate are also 2.5mm thick carbon.)

Main chassis:
New design chassis is made from carefully machined 7075-T6 premium grade aluminum. This specific alloy features a lot of "memory," which resists flex and returns to its original shape more strongly than weaker alloys. It's not easily bent like the material used in most other machines in its class.

Fuel tank:
New design. This was in response to driver demands for faster fuel filling. The underside of the fuel cap has been lowered without affecting distance between the bottom of the tank and fuel input hole, while maintaining the tank’s low center of gravity. Fuel cap has been adapted from the EVOLVA M3.

source Kyosho

Note from Kikuchi

Front & Rear bulkheads and suspension arms:
Contrary to most cars using aluminium, the front and rear bulkheads have been completely redeveloped in plastic. Aside from adding extra cost, aluminum bulkheads gradually add structural stress and can result in an element of insecurity for the user. Therefore plastic was judged to produce the best results.
The new design of the rear bulkhead separates the supporting structures of the diff and the main shaft to control rigidity and deliver smoother function. Only the suspension block is aluminum and allows the position of the suspension pin to be adjusted by changing bushings. Also, by inserting a spacer into the suspension block, the suspension pin can be lifted 1mm. The front diff design allows for fast and easy removal.
Also, redesign of the middle shaft mount allows easy replacement of the front belt. New suspension arms allow the wheelbase to be adjusted by 2mm. The height of the front upper arm mountings can also be adjusted through replacement of bushings.
source Kyosho

Rear suspension mount bushings can be changed for precision geometry settings and the front-rear adjustability of the wheelbase are just an indication of the wide range of setup options available.

Note from Kikuchi

Geometry:
Extensive testing has resulted in new suspension geometry that will better handle high-traction situations, which maximizes the benefits of the significantly lower CG, while reducing roll potential from high-traction situations. The result is significant improvements to the front/rear roll balance.

source Kyosho
All of this sounds Great and the car looks Great. My only isssue with this car or company. Will there be any SUPPORT or is this car design for the experience racer? I believe they make a product thats just as good or better then some other companies, but support I dont think is there in the form of other companies with their products.
Old 12-29-2010, 11:14 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by traxx4
All of this sounds Great and the car looks Great. My only isssue with this car or company. Will there be any SUPPORT or is this car design for the experience racer? I believe they make a product thats just as good or better then some other companies, but support I dont think is there in the form of other companies with their products.
As with any car, you should buy what you can get support for in your area. Nothing worse than having a broken car and having to wait weeks for the parts.

IMO, Kyosho RRR is the easiest of cars to build and maintain - even a caveman can do it.
Old 12-29-2010, 06:16 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
As with any car, you should buy what you can get support for in your area. Nothing worse than having a broken car and having to wait weeks for the parts.

IMO, Kyosho RRR is the easiest of cars to build and maintain - even a caveman can do it.
Though I do agree with you, some of the parts quality is just poor - I hope you know what I mean
Old 12-29-2010, 06:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default parts quality

Originally Posted by DJ_Shakespear
Though I do agree with you, some of the parts quality is just poor - I hope you know what I mean
we don't have to assume which parts are poor quality do we.. I would like to here your opinion on what parts you think are poor quality. thanks
Old 12-29-2010, 08:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I can't wait to hear which parts are the low quality parts. I thought the car was pretty darn good.
Old 12-30-2010, 06:56 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Speedypeterb
we don't have to assume which parts are poor quality do we.. I would like to here your opinion on what parts you think are poor quality. thanks
+1
I'm curious to know also!
Old 12-30-2010, 01:47 PM
Tech Addict

OK OK, maybe not poor quality, but not the kind of quality you would think it should have ie: the diff outdrives and the universals - where they connect with each other. IMO they just don't las as long as I would expect them to last. Maybe it's just me, but I have heard (somewhere) pretty much the same thing.
In other areas, its all gold! Could not be happier apart from the diffs being larger than they probably should have been. Now that the R4 has that sorted (from what I can remember, bit foggy now because Ive been up for 21 hours straight as of now) its all good.
Old 12-30-2010, 01:50 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DJ_Shakespear
OK OK, maybe not poor quality, but not the kind of quality you would think it should have ie: the diff outdrives and the universals - where they connect with each other. IMO they just don't las as long as I would expect them to last.
Are you greasing them? If you don't grease them, they wear much faster than they should.
Old 12-30-2010, 03:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default greasing

you definately have to grease them I have run the same outdrives and cvd since last march 6 state races and the worlds, that alot of hours now the little pins do wear and have rotated them to the second hole though.
Old 12-31-2010, 11:39 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Cool R4 Or Capricorn

I am ready to buy a new car either for my wife or myself in Jan. can't wait for the r4 to arrive. my shimo still suits me just fine for now .
I have damaged my car pretty badly in my short racing career with my current car- Jan 2010 and have never once had any problems with the drive shafts, not to mention I almost always use a spool. and as far as the rrr is concerned, It has always been a top notch car.
Old 12-31-2010, 04:37 PM
Tech Addict

I would use grease if it wasn't for the area I race in!! Constantly dusty, so that would increase the wear rate I guess.
Unless... I just had a brainwave!! What if their was a rubber-like boot you could put over the driveshaft and the diff outdrive!?? The pins in the axle where the wheel is last me a long time, Ive only replaced the front uni's because they were gone on all holes.

What would be a good grease to use on those joints? I have Castrol HTB grease that I use for the Thrust Bearings, but would that be OK for the joints?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.