R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 05-06-2011, 06:24 PM   #76
kmh
Tech Addict

I can'nt speak for everybody,but its really not a big deal as I still have my present car which I feel is still very competitive. I do know that some may have sold there cars in anticipation of the new kits or want the 1/8 upgrade to remain as competitive as they can be. Its good to hear that TM.. will continue to support the Shepherd,as I'm sure other dealers and distributors in the US will also. Thanks TM for responding and for the refund offer to those that have pre-ordered from you,but unless Shepherd goes "belly-up",or takes months to ship, I'll wait.

P.S. If we all did not think Shehperd was a good brand,we would'nt be having this discusion.
kmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 06:52 PM   #77
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Send a message via MSN to Pooh2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmh View Post
I can'nt speak for everybody,but its really not a big deal as I still have my present car which I feel is still very competitive. I do know that some may have sold there cars in anticipation of the new kits or want the 1/8 upgrade to remain as competitive as they can be. Its good to hear that TM.. will continue to support the Shepherd,as I'm sure other dealers and distributors in the US will also. Thanks TM for responding and for the refund offer to those that have pre-ordered from you,but unless Shepherd goes "belly-up",or takes months to ship, I'll wait.

P.S. If we all did not think Shehperd was a good brand,we would'nt be having this discusion.
I spoke with Patrick and Armin at the worlds. Shepherd is doing really well and will be around a long time. Good you will wait on the new car, it's really worth the wait!!!

"Since the Bible and the church are obviously mistaken in telling us where we came from, how can we trust them to tell us where we are going"?
Pooh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 07:50 PM   #78
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Patience fellas. The old car is still the best thing going. It really is an amazing car the way it is and the new one isn't all that much different. I will probably stay with the old car for the rest of this year as my money situation is pretty tight right now and you know what? I don't feel bad about that at all.
wingracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 02:05 PM   #79
avs
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trick View Post
I also uploaded my setup from the last test in Miami, just follow the link above.

Best regards
Patrick
i just got to reviewing your setup. is it correct that you ran with 4% overdrive?

i am curious how that worked for you?
(i havent' tried it in a while, but recall that too much overdrive meant no offpower steering, so i figure you had some other changes to offset that? the stiffer rear roll bar or was the track just really loose ?)

Last edited by avs; 05-09-2011 at 07:40 PM.
avs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 11:39 AM   #80
Tech Regular

Default V8 2011 Questions

Hi all just finished up my V8 2011 which built perfectly with excellent quality.

I have a couple of questions for the Shepherd boys especially Patrick since most refer to his setup sheet from Miami:

1. you mention steel and aluminium axles, is the aluminium an available option part ?
2. you marked the excentric on the front steering hubs is this a future option we can use ?
3. you mention that no floating piston springs were used, what did u gain by not using them?
4. When you mention superflex what is the exact setup ?

Looking forward to your replies to get this thread going further.

Thanks Gus
Pro Models is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 01:37 PM   #81
Tech Regular

Send a message via MSN to PMSorber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Models View Post
Hi all just finished up my V8 2011 which built perfectly with excellent quality.

I have a couple of questions for the Shepherd boys especially Patrick since most refer to his setup sheet from Miami:

1. you mention steel and aluminium axles, is the aluminium an available option part ?
Yes
2. you marked the excentric on the front steering hubs is this a future option we can use ?
Existing option
3. you mention that no floating piston springs were used, what did u gain by not using them?
4. When you mention superflex what is the exact setup ?

Looking forward to your replies to get this thread going further.

Thanks Gus
The rest is up to Trick
PMSorber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 12:21 AM   #82
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to stefan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooh2 View Post
I spoke with Patrick and Armin at the worlds. Shepherd is doing really well and will be around a long time. Good you will wait on the new car, it's really worth the wait!!!
As a dealer I can tell you, that if more manufacturers /distributors would be like Team Shepherd, it would be a much greater pleasure to be a hobby shop owner.

The always have almost everything in stock. (always having everything would be Utopia)
When you order stuff, you get information on availability immediately and their shipping is super fast.

Maybe the problem is located somewhere else in the supply chain?
stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 02:15 AM   #83
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan View Post
As a dealer I can tell you, that if more manufacturers /distributors would be like Team Shepherd, it would be a much greater pleasure to be a hobby shop owner.
Yup, thats fully true.
Old 05-15-2011, 03:39 AM   #84
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan View Post

The always have almost everything in stock. (always having everything would be Utopia)
When you order stuff, you get information on availability immediately and their shipping is super fast.

Maybe the problem is located somewhere else in the supply chain?
Thats very true, we are distributors for Malta, although our order quantities are smaller than most we always find everything in stock and shipping is pretty impressive. Not to mention the availability of Patrick and Marcel when questions are asked. Tks Guys
Old 05-15-2011, 03:41 AM   #85
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMSorber View Post
The rest is up to Trick

Tks for your replies. Looking forward what Patrick has to say re the other questions.
Old 05-15-2011, 09:53 AM   #86
Tech Regular

Awesome result for Shepherd at the 1st round of the Italian Championship. Track was slightly damp.

1st Dario Balestri
2nd Michele Romagnoli
3rd Andrea Pirani
Attached Thumbnails
-result.gif  
Old 05-16-2011, 04:11 AM   #87
Tech Initiate

Hi there!

The first two questions were already answered by PMSorber. Both items are available for quite some time now.

I took out the spring for the floating piston because you eliminate completely the rebound. I worked pretty good in Miami: The disadvantage is that you have to refill the shock absorber very often because the floating piston can leak slightly. I updated my method now:

I assemble the shock absorber with the hard piston spring because it bleeds out more oil. When the shock is finished, I open the cap at the top and take out the hard spring and insert the soft one. Like this I get very little rebound and the shocks work just great.

We tested a different radioplate assembly in Miami with a floating system in the front. At the worlds I didn't use it anymore, it just didn't feel that good anymore. Probably the traction was different. At the moment we think about putting it into production, but actually we have to do more tests on European tracks to check the difference in performance. We only want to introduce it, when there is a real difference.

Best regards
Patrick

PS: Thanks for the comments about our service, we always try to do the best possible for our customers!
Old 05-16-2011, 07:13 AM   #88
Tech Regular

Hi Patrick tks for the reply. Have a couple of more questions if you dont mind

- What do you actualy change in handling by using the different excentric positions in the front steering hubs ?

- When mounting the 26t pulley i notice the long belt is pretty tight is this normal? Will it loosen up after use?

Tks Gus

Quote:
Hi there!

The first two questions were already answered by PMSorber. Both items are available for quite some time now.

I took out the spring for the floating piston because you eliminate completely the rebound. I worked pretty good in Miami: The disadvantage is that you have to refill the shock absorber very often because the floating piston can leak slightly. I updated my method now:

I assemble the shock absorber with the hard piston spring because it bleeds out more oil. When the shock is finished, I open the cap at the top and take out the hard spring and insert the soft one. Like this I get very little rebound and the shocks work just great.

We tested a different radioplate assembly in Miami with a floating system in the front. At the worlds I didn't use it anymore, it just didn't feel that good anymore. Probably the traction was different. At the moment we think about putting it into production, but actually we have to do more tests on European tracks to check the difference in performance. We only want to introduce it, when there is a real difference.

Best regards
Patrick

PS: Thanks for the comments about our service, we always try to do the best possible for our customers!
Old 05-16-2011, 11:02 PM   #89
avs
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Hi there!
hello,

could you share some background on your 'preworlds' setup? in particular, the 4% overdrive you used with the 25 tooth pulley with 7mm tire split.

i am curious if there was something else to compensate for the loss in off-power steering? the layout at my local club has moved toward more low-speed corners, so i am interested in ways to increase off=power steering without getting too loose on-power.

thanks for the info,
tony
Old 05-17-2011, 03:54 AM   #90
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by avs View Post
hello,

could you share some background on your 'preworlds' setup? in particular, the 4% overdrive you used with the 25 tooth pulley with 7mm tire split.

i am curious if there was something else to compensate for the loss in off-power steering? the layout at my local club has moved toward more low-speed corners, so i am interested in ways to increase off=power steering without getting too loose on-power.

thanks for the info,
tony
Hello Tony,

Can you tell us more about the setup you use? (settings, body, tires)
In general we (small tracks in Netherlands) do not have any problem with off-power steering. One other important point is that (combined with a lot of off-power steering) the rear-end should be on the edge of be´ng loose on-power.

Here a typical setup for a small track where there is a need for a lot of off-power steering:

http://www.team-shepherd.nl/images/s...%20NK4-MBC.pdf