R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road-3/)
-   -   Wing woes! (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road/45601-wing-woes.html)

HELLION 07-20-2004 05:12 PM

Wing woes!

I have had a few guys tell me that there car seems to be a little loose when using the DaHellion 1 And I was a little to quick to tell them it's prolly the car not the body But It is infact the body causing this problem. I went aginst my better jugment using this wing because its a lot smaller then the wing I designed for the DH1 but I thought it would help getting it aproved with ROAR. With the original wing there was no chance so I planed on making a wing later that will be suitable for both ROAR @ Outlaws but now all bodies are on hold untill I finish this wing. I will have it done by Friday even if it means 24-7 The wing on the car is one I built two years ago and works fine on most but not on the DH1 because I built the body to flex aprox. in the middle of the trunk to reduce some drag but when this happens with this wing It loses way to much downforce I'm very sorry for my screwup but anyone who has a DH1 I will send them the new wings (2) for free and I'll even take care of shipping

mop_iko 07-25-2004 06:20 AM

hellion,

before this i just read about 'rear wing effect' and 'downforce' and bla bla things about aerodynamic by reading only.

But now i know.... the effect that can have to a car using different body and different wings.....

so... i urge all RCers.... especially rookies like me.... to try as many body as u like.... and feel the different. and you also can cut the rear wing in different sizes for the same body... and feel the handling different yourself.

I would like to say CONGRATULATION and WELLDONE to HELLION.... for the DESIGN DEVELOPMENT of DH1 (DaHellion1)..... i bet your DH1 have a perfect combination of BODY AERODYNAMIC and also the UNIQUE features as u mentioned when you start to design DH1.

If i remember these are the UNIQUE feature from DH1:
1) Faster car body
2) Engine Cooling Tunnel without the need to punch a hole on windscreen
3) Fuel/Nitro Deflector due to the unique design of the side of the body.... means the fuel wont even 'touch' your rear wheel.
4) Stiffer lexan to reduce deflection / bending while in speed.

GOOD LUCK to DH1 and hopefully to more of new DH bodies.....

yeah!

:tire: mop:tire:

HELLION 07-25-2004 11:49 PM

Thank you

Thank's Mop man .... I have changed wings and as much as it helped the D/H1 it just does not like the short tight tracks ! It screams on the big tracks and that's why I'm going to keep making them! I don't want to change them cause the slice threw the air so good but the down side of this is I gave up to much down force to make it a short track body. But I think now it's time I make the D/H2 which is going to be a short track body. I tryed to kill two birds with one stone but you just can't have the best short track and long track body in one. I don't think there is a sedan body that can take it on a long track and I hope to say the same with the D/H 2 on the short track

rcabj 07-26-2004 12:43 AM

wingsss

now i really know why the wing thing so very important...

i think Raikonnen is very upset when his rear wing was blown away by itself...

u can see the effect taking place in a blink once the wing was off his car spin right away...
;)

HELLION 07-28-2004 08:36 AM

<<<< going nuts!!

1 Attachment(s)
Well this auta do it:lol: Theres a all weekend race on a tight track this weekend and I know this darn car can do it but just to give it a little help I modified the rear so it will stick! I hope it don't do a wheele:lol:

mxs 07-28-2004 11:17 AM

Hellion,

I looked up your page and I am wondering whether you've started the production yet or are you still in the pre-production phase?

Thanks

HELLION 07-28-2004 05:20 PM

LOL

Originally posted by mxs
Hellion,

I looked up your page and I am wondering whether you've started the production yet or are you still in the pre-production phase?

Thanks

Yes I'm selling them. send me a e mail and I'll get your info and I'll start shipping them out again next week I Promise!!! I cant believe how obsessed I am with this body:weird:

mxs 07-28-2004 05:45 PM

I just sent you an e-mail.

Thanks

compaq888 07-28-2004 10:00 PM

Hellion you never told us which manufacture bodies tested the best in your wind tunnel, with the windows cut up so the engine could get air. I'd like to know this info. If you don't want to share it publicly you can send me a PM and tell me which were the top 5, thanks.

mop_iko 07-29-2004 03:21 AM

Originally posted by compaq888
Hellion you never told us which manufacture bodies tested the best in your wind tunnel, with the windows cut up so the engine could get air. I'd like to know this info. If you don't want to share it publicly you can send me a PM and tell me which were the top 5, thanks.
1) DH1
2) DH2
3) DH3
4) DH4
5) DH5

LOL....

serious.

you cant ask that question to the one who is making BODIES.....:sneaky:

compaq888 07-29-2004 03:25 AM

oh well, I'll just get a lola body and modify it a bit so it gets the best airdonamics possible:sneaky:

mop_iko 07-29-2004 07:58 AM

Originally posted by compaq888
oh well, I'll just get a lola body and modify it a bit so it gets the best airdonamics possible:sneaky:
LOLA body... you ARE SPOT ON dude!

but we are talking SEDAN BODIES HERE.....:sneaky: :sneaky:

in one of the other thread... hellion now is trying to make a HATCHBACK.... good luck to him!

maybe he can develop a HELLION LOLA....?

:sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky:

compaq888 07-29-2004 08:57 AM

lola bodies are good as is, except where the driver is sitting, that kills some airdonamics, if you make that area smooth you can get better airdonamics:sneaky:

HELLION 07-30-2004 01:32 AM

best bods!

1 Attachment(s)
Guys I really can't give out that info. I would have every body screaming at me. But you are right as far as the Lola bod. My friend came over and said he was going to lock the D/H 1 mold in a safe so I'll stop messing with it:lol: The D/H Lola is on the list .That one will be fun as a unlimeted OUTLAW and I'm going to try to put side pods in it . Work,work,work God I have no life

HELLION 08-03-2004 09:03 AM

Did it!!!!!!!!!!1

1 Attachment(s)
Iv'e done it ! I Built a wing that works good for the D/H1.I had plenty of time to test it this week end. All day Saturday Qualifying (with a few misshaps) Then Sunday I could hardley wait for the main. The car was so hooked and fast.I had a very good start and got out in front but in turn 2 this guy tried to pass me on the inside and tagged me and sent us both to the wall hard. But atleast the wing worked good and I don't think I'm even going to try to get this one aproved by Roar It was born to be a outlaw:sneaky: