R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 08-30-2004, 02:53 PM   #61
Tech Addict

also under controlled practice means more times your lap times are beeing printed! I'll take that!
Old 08-30-2004, 02:56 PM   #62
Tech Addict

I am not able to attend this race anymore, but I have to say I think controlled practice is a good idea for the race. With nitro, it is too easy for someone to hog a spot on the driver stand (and a frequency clip) and just keep running non-sto by having a pit person fill-up their tank.

However, I think the main issue is that the change was made so late in the game.

-Rich
RichChang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 04:42 PM   #63
Tech Addict

Can anyone suggest a rollout for use on the track configuration that will be used this week....just trying to prepare....

I realize this is somewhat open-ended....any rollout in the ballpark for 1st and 2nd gear would be helpful though.

I look forward to arrival on Wednesday afternoon (5-6pm) any idea if practice will continue until dark on Wednesday?

Thanks.
Bivens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 06:34 PM   #64
Tech Fanatic

I agree with erick controled practice is good but know one has posted the format for what controled practice means fo example run in your quall heats stand in line let ten on the trank at a time I wish some one would post what format you will be going by. It is very hard to set up a car if you only get 5 min on the track every 3hours just my (2cents)
ilaybrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 07:10 PM   #65
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Slotmachine
Gentlemen?

I just talked with Mark Unrath, he said there will be 1 round of controlled practice like a simulated qualifier, then the rest of Wed. will be open practice.
Old 08-30-2004, 07:16 PM   #66
Tech Regular

Default IF IT MUST BE CONTOLLED THAN CONTROLLED IT SHALL BE.......

Tomkelley- I understand all the points that you made in your post, my main thing was why did they change it so close to the race date, I would have easily just have planed to arrive on tuesday instead of wednesday, one way or the other I'll role-wit-the-punches and have a great time.

I totally agree with you about the guys in the club doing a great job and about appreciating them, trust me I raced there for the Great Lakes Race and they're much appreciated by me in a BIG way.

On Another Note
If you could post the format on how they are going to run the controlled pratice like Ilaybrk mentioned before it would be greatly apreciated, THANKS IN ADVANCE.

Regards,
Eric L. Jones
Eric Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 10:09 PM   #67
Tech Addict

Well if its like what slot machine said one round of controlled practice of 14 heats shouldn't cut too much into an open practice session time for the rest of the day. Its valid point of course but may be moot. I'm just not sure what time it will happen, most likely around noon would be my guess. So if its a simulated qual session then that should include 5 min warm up and 5 min qual time, so around 10 min of practice. 2 hours 20 mins -30 mins for one session.

The race director doesn't post on rctech, and I'm not their spokesman here so thats my best guess.

Eric, I remember you from the GLC, congrats on the 2nd place finish. So of course I knew how much you would appreciate them. I hope you didn't think I implied you weren't. Good luck to you at the Nats!
Old 08-31-2004, 11:15 AM   #68
Tech Fanatic

how is practice going Im on my way.
ilaybrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 06:28 PM   #69
Tech Regular

Just got back from the track. Traction is good today, but not quite as much as yesterday, which is good. I guess it must be the sun, we have lots of that. The weather is perfect, about 80 degrees and sunny.

I forgot to ask Ted Hammer about the comtrolled practice session, sorry. So far practice has been pretty nice, you can run whenever you want without twenty guys on the stand.

There are a bunch of guys that are running low twenty second lap times, so many I won't try to remember them all. I would guess I timed at least 10 guyss that are running those lap times.

I went through tech today so I have to go fix my fuel tank, it's way too big. I have a NTC3, I put two of those filler things in and it's still too big. Plus do you guys realize how low a wing is when it's even with the top of the car!

More tomorrow.
Ted Flack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 06:32 PM   #70
Tech Addict

Hi Ted!

Thanks for the update! Sounds like tomorrow is going to be a busy day on the track.

Hope to see Michigan and Ohio bring home a lot of hardware!

I am going to try and make it down on Saturday to check things out before I head to Toronto.

Good luck to you and Bobby.

-Rich
Old 08-31-2004, 06:42 PM   #71
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by RichChang
Hi Ted!

Thanks for the update! Sounds like tomorrow is going to be a busy day on the track.

Hope to see Michigan and Ohio bring home a lot of hardware!

I am going to try and make it down on Saturday to check things out before I head to Toronto.

Good luck to you and Bobby.

-Rich
Rich Chang is my hero!
J_Longbrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 06:56 PM   #72
Tech Addict

You need to find better heroes! I can't be much of a hero when I am sitting on my tush and I don't think I went through a full tank of gas this entire summer when I was able to race. LOL!

I am assuming you and Jeff are tearing up the track?

-Rich
Old 08-31-2004, 07:40 PM   #73
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

LOL, na, neither of us will be racing this week/weekend. My little brother is getting married saturday. See ya on the rug sucka!
J_Longbrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 07:42 PM   #74
Tech Addict

Say what??? I thought you guys were going to do the nats?

Yah then, I will see you on the carpet... when I get to race. UGH!
Old 08-31-2004, 07:59 PM   #75
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Team RD Logics Update.
two days of testing has brought good results. So far all of the RD team guys are running 20.2 to 20.5 lap times. we had some carburation issues on monday but those are solved. I didn't check Brads lap times late in the day but I figure tomorrow we will see some very high 19's from him. his car with the RD/Richey engine in it is stupid rediculous fast. Fuel mileage is tight as hard as we are taxing them though.
I will take some photos tomorrow and post them. after tomorrow we will be staying down there. so monday I will post another report